“A COCKROACH motel!.....seriously!!” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Indianapolis - East
Ranked #152 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
“A COCKROACH motel!.....seriously!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here much of January, because I live out of town and work in Indianapolis. As of this morning, however, I will NEVER make that mistake again!

There has always been problems everytime I stayed. These problems, to name a few, include:

1. Burn holes in the comforters (although I never slept underneath the covers).
2. Bathroom fan/one of the lights out.
3. Remote control broke.
4. Stains on the carpet.
5. Hairs in the shower.
6. Dried urine on the bathroom floor.
7. Repulsive smell in the room.
8. Burn holes in the curtains.
9. Housekeeping had been in my room while I was at work (I know this because the curtain was half open and I never open it); however, my trash was full and my used towels were still in the bathroom. I believe the housekeeper was looking to see if I had anything of value that I left in the room and forgot to close the curtain when she left (note: if you stay here, I suggest you bringing your items with you until you return....I did this every morning.
10. One room they gave me had an abnormally large stain in front of the bathroom door and the carpet was pulled up quite a bit (looked as if they had used a carpet cleaner on this old carpet, which caused the dry-rotted carpet to stick up.) These people don't. Use carpet cleaners there, that's obvious, and I had a horrible feeling someone died there. So, the next morning, I looked on my phone for something about a murder at this Motel 6....and sure enough.....found several articles on a murder that happened there in late 2011, and although I couldn't find the room # associated with this, there was a police photo, and one of the cops was actually parked in the same spot I was....I, without a doubt, think I was in the room where this happened (f.y.i..this night, I was in room 148.) Disgusting! They did not even bother to change the blood soaked/stained carpet! I was appauled!
11. One night, the people next door, had brought a radio and had it blaring, and were singing, yelling, arguing, fighting, and smoking weed (all of this stuff was clear, because they had my room and their room conjoined; of course, the conjoined door was locked, but I could still hear and smell all of his even better through that door. The motel was almost empty and a staff member put them right by me? In a conjoined room?? Ridiculous! So, at midnight, (having to be up by 630 am for work), I go to the front desk to switch rooms and there's a local cop sitting there and he actually has the nerve to stare at me and follow me to where I park my car...making me feel like the criminal! I couldn't believe it...here was a party, with I'm sure people who actually are convicted criminals, and he was harassing me?? A white girl that has to get up at 630 am and get ready for work and be there by 8 am?? Unbelievable....it made me feel so gross.
12. Okay, here's the thing that made me pack up my bags this am @ 3am and say give me a refund now (which they did not argue with.) I was sleeping and awoke and needed to use the bathroom real quick..I got up turned on the bathroom light and sleepily walked in....I see something move and open my eyes better and seen a cockroach running across the bathroom floor! I was soooooo DISGUSTED! I had some spray cleaner with me (I always spray clean and put alcohol sanitizer on everything iin these rooms!) I killed it with the spray and wanted to leave soooo bad (this was around 1130 pm, but i live two hours away and didn't want to spend money on another room for just a few hours....so, I turned on all the lights, spray cleaned everything again, and made shook out all my clothes and rebagged them once again. Exhausted, but can't sleep, I lay on the first of the beds, very uncomfortably (I had just sanitized the top blanket I was sitting on top of.) I was basically sitting there with one eye open! Still awake, because I'm scared cockroaches will crawl on me at this point, I seen a cockroach crawling up the wall on the side of the tv! I smashed it with a laminated menu they had. Moments later, I see another cockroach crawling up the wall, this time by the bed I had slept in the previous night! I sprayed cleaner on it and killed it (all 3 of the cockroaches were left dead in the room-one of which being on the bathroom floor, and the other two, dead on the wall. I immediatly got my stuff and got out! Told the girl @ the front desk that I wanted a refund, and told her I seen 3 cockroaches and if she didnlt believe me, ill gladly go show her the dead ones...she laughed and gave me a refund....I don't think its funny though!

Bottom line: This motel is in a horrible neighborhood, very unsafe, filthy beyond words, lazy staff, extremely unclean, unsanitary, and attracts dangerous people! I understand this isn't a Hilton, I toally get that; however, these are problems that are not worth a penny of your hard earned money! My advice?? Spend a little more and get something in a better part of town...worth it!

• Stayed January 2013
8 Thank jenn278

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this motel one night on my way west, it was a very nice, spacey and comfortable room, desk person was friendly. Bed was good, supplies and comforts were good. Very clean room. Price was good would stay here again. One note was there was road construction going on Sept. 2012 and mapquest directions were a little off, the road was right off the exit to the left, seeing the Motel six sign helped find it.

Room Tip: It seemd to be a quiet area to stay, some apartments behind the motel, there were other conveinces n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

In this economy when we're all trying to save a penny, this motel would be a great choice. Now unless you want to be under FBI investigation and have everyone in your party be identified then help yourself. My personal opinion with my visitor having to report to the office just to take me to the store, is a bit ridiculous. If someone wants to come visit you while at this motel, they must first show ID. Who do they think they are, "The Conrads" please. Stop all the drama Motel 6 East, and if you happen to hear disturbance in a room, then address it! Otherwise let people have their privacy...Personally I'll get over saving pennies and book a room at a better motel/hotel without all the drama. Don't you have cameras if anything illegal is going on. Must you be in people's personal business. Most go to motels to get away, get some privacy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MsNickoe
CARLISLE, OHIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dont waste your time or hard earned money here. We had two adjoining rooms. One room wasnt cleaned from the last guest. The other had black mold on the pillow.Talked with manager
and she told us nothing was wrong with it. Also, we were told twice if we didnt like it, we could go stay somewhere else. Unfortunatly all hotels around were booked up. There was so much illegal drugs and prostitution going outside that it was hard to sleep at nite from all the traffic. In fact there was an Indianapolis policeman on patrol in the parking lot 24/7. We were informed by the girl at the desk, that there was a K-9 unit taken through all the rooms the nite before our stay. Decide for yourself. This place is absolutely run down and nasty !

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn just south of this place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank RICHARD P
Vincennes, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute to be up in Indy for the Super Bowl. Compared to the other hotels who had raised their prices unbelievably, this hotel was still at normal price. We new it wasn't going to be a top notch hotel, but was pleasantly surprised with it. It was decently clean and the front desk was extremely helpful. We stayed two nights, however we were not in the hotel other than to sleep. For the price, you couldn't really beat this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christina P
Hebron, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

We pulled up in late afternoon and the place was pretty quiet and vacant. Once it got dark though, there were cars constantly cruising through the parking lot, women walking around on the upper levels that looked like hookers, cars parked together in the back corners of the parking lot with people hanging out in them possibly making drug deals (I can't really say for sure). I observed this while I was walking my dog several times during the evening. When I would walk toward the vehicles they would observe me and leave shortly afterwards. My dog needed to go out in the middle of the night and while I was walking toward a patch of grass, I was asked for money by a women and a man that walked up to me in the parking lot. I just did not feel safe staying there. The room was clean, but the buttons were missing off of the A/C and I could only turn it to high or off. Room was run down.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank bhartle
Richmond, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I was riding my bike from Richmond, and I got a flat tire late at night. Motel 6 was the most affordable place to stay. I found the bed dirty, and all night there were Baby momma's and Baby Daddy's running around the whole motel slamming doors and stomping threw the decks... I guess it is just might as well be known as a local homeless shelter. When I woke up the guests were very filthy looking and had work clothes on. The service people were very nice, but the hotel wasn't. All they have to eat and drink are from vending machines and you have to pay for shampoo through the vending machine. I tried to make phone calls from my room's phone, and it was very confusing. I would only recommend this hotel to someone in desperate need of one like I was, if your looking for a business trip to the Wonder Bread outlet right next door, than I would suggest Rammada Inn closer to I-70. Come to think about it though, Motel 6 had very good access to I-70 with very little traffic on Shadeland. That's about the best thing I could say about the place

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo