I stayed here much of January, because I live out of town and work in Indianapolis. As of this morning, however, I will NEVER make that mistake again!
There has always been problems everytime I stayed. These problems, to name a few, include:
1. Burn holes in the comforters (although I never slept underneath the covers).
2. Bathroom fan/one of the lights out.
3. Remote control broke.
4. Stains on the carpet.
5. Hairs in the shower.
6. Dried urine on the bathroom floor.
7. Repulsive smell in the room.
8. Burn holes in the curtains.
9. Housekeeping had been in my room while I was at work (I know this because the curtain was half open and I never open it); however, my trash was full and my used towels were still in the bathroom. I believe the housekeeper was looking to see if I had anything of value that I left in the room and forgot to close the curtain when she left (note: if you stay here, I suggest you bringing your items with you until you return....I did this every morning.
10. One room they gave me had an abnormally large stain in front of the bathroom door and the carpet was pulled up quite a bit (looked as if they had used a carpet cleaner on this old carpet, which caused the dry-rotted carpet to stick up.) These people don't. Use carpet cleaners there, that's obvious, and I had a horrible feeling someone died there. So, the next morning, I looked on my phone for something about a murder at this Motel 6....and sure enough.....found several articles on a murder that happened there in late 2011, and although I couldn't find the room # associated with this, there was a police photo, and one of the cops was actually parked in the same spot I was....I, without a doubt, think I was in the room where this happened (f.y.i..this night, I was in room 148.) Disgusting! They did not even bother to change the blood soaked/stained carpet! I was appauled!
11. One night, the people next door, had brought a radio and had it blaring, and were singing, yelling, arguing, fighting, and smoking weed (all of this stuff was clear, because they had my room and their room conjoined; of course, the conjoined door was locked, but I could still hear and smell all of his even better through that door. The motel was almost empty and a staff member put them right by me? In a conjoined room?? Ridiculous! So, at midnight, (having to be up by 630 am for work), I go to the front desk to switch rooms and there's a local cop sitting there and he actually has the nerve to stare at me and follow me to where I park my car...making me feel like the criminal! I couldn't believe it...here was a party, with I'm sure people who actually are convicted criminals, and he was harassing me?? A white girl that has to get up at 630 am and get ready for work and be there by 8 am?? Unbelievable....it made me feel so gross.
12. Okay, here's the thing that made me pack up my bags this am @ 3am and say give me a refund now (which they did not argue with.) I was sleeping and awoke and needed to use the bathroom real quick..I got up turned on the bathroom light and sleepily walked in....I see something move and open my eyes better and seen a cockroach running across the bathroom floor! I was soooooo DISGUSTED! I had some spray cleaner with me (I always spray clean and put alcohol sanitizer on everything iin these rooms!) I killed it with the spray and wanted to leave soooo bad (this was around 1130 pm, but i live two hours away and didn't want to spend money on another room for just a few hours....so, I turned on all the lights, spray cleaned everything again, and made shook out all my clothes and rebagged them once again. Exhausted, but can't sleep, I lay on the first of the beds, very uncomfortably (I had just sanitized the top blanket I was sitting on top of.) I was basically sitting there with one eye open! Still awake, because I'm scared cockroaches will crawl on me at this point, I seen a cockroach crawling up the wall on the side of the tv! I smashed it with a laminated menu they had. Moments later, I see another cockroach crawling up the wall, this time by the bed I had slept in the previous night! I sprayed cleaner on it and killed it (all 3 of the cockroaches were left dead in the room-one of which being on the bathroom floor, and the other two, dead on the wall. I immediatly got my stuff and got out! Told the girl @ the front desk that I wanted a refund, and told her I seen 3 cockroaches and if she didnlt believe me, ill gladly go show her the dead ones...she laughed and gave me a refund....I don't think its funny though!
Bottom line: This motel is in a horrible neighborhood, very unsafe, filthy beyond words, lazy staff, extremely unclean, unsanitary, and attracts dangerous people! I understand this isn't a Hilton, I toally get that; however, these are problems that are not worth a penny of your hard earned money! My advice?? Spend a little more and get something in a better part of town...worth it!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Motel-6, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Indianapolis - East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Indianapolis - East Hotel Indianapolis