“Pets always welcome”

Country Hearth Inn Indianapolis
Ranked #168 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Please read carefully...when checking in.....1) No refunds after 10 minutes....means wham bam you know what. 2) Pets welcome.....means we have bedbugs no extra charge.....relax they add to the coziness of your room 3) DO NOT complain because WE wont listen !!! Enough said DONT Stay....pitch in to demolish this eyesore !!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have bedbugs...........your choice !!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank slapice

Reviewed August 20, 2013

You'd be better off sleeping in your car. There's nothing nice I can say about this place - I'm disgusted that the city would allow a place like this to stay open. In all of my traveling I have seen a lot but to actually pay over $100 to stay at a place like this is a crime - to which anyone working there does not seem to care. Forget getting your money back - all of the reviews were spot on plus I could add so much more. If you must stay here insist on seeing the room first.

Room Tip: If you must stay here insist on seeing the room first. But I suggest sleeping in your car
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Rooms nasty, they don't clean up, dirty sheets, doors do not close rite. And it's so easy to open your room door. There is no breakfast. And the staff are just as nasty. I got ate up by the Bed Bugs!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Miss1love
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I feel that the city of Indianapolis needs to condemn and raze the building. Dirty walls, carpet nasty, trim falling, holes in the wall, bed broken, bathroom floor tile uneven due to possible water leaks. T.V cable reception reminded me back in the day when we had antenna and analog reception there was more snow on the screen than a Maine winter. Garbage overflowing in parking lot probably from not paying the garbage bill. I spent an entire 5min. in the room and left and told office that I refuse to stay there. The manager did'nt look surprised.

Room Tip: invest the time and travel the extra twelve miles east. better neighborhood and hotels
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

for starters, the front desk staff was pleasant. we inspected for bed bugs and it passed. after that, things went down hill... the major concern was the criminal activity that appeared to be going on by the tennants of the motel. men walked around with no shirts on and appeared high on narcotics - they were eyeballing us and our vehicle, which made us feel very uncomfortable. there was
repeated entering and exiting of the rooms next door which I suspect to have been drug or prostitution activity that went on until 4 or 5 am. I stayed up half the night because of the shouting which appeared to be a fight outside. it's clear that some of these people live here. there was no phone in the room to call the front desk. the shower was the worst I've ever seen - the water pressure was horrible and the shower head was way too short. there were only two small towels. if you're looking for drugs or prostitutes this is a great place to stay. for any other reason, I would choose somewhere else because it's clearly not safe. the only reason we stayed here is because of it's close proximity to the interstate. really wish we would have read the reviews beforehand. don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank j_whitel
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Nasty, Nasty, Nasty! My husband and I checked in here paid $70 for the night. We walked into the room and the floor was so nasty my shoes were sticking to the carpet! The bed had a huge whole in it. The walls were covered in filth and huge cob webs. The toilet had feces and urine on it! It was awful! The front desk clerk would do nothing to help us! Said if we just dealt with it, he would have te manager give us a little refund. What?? I have MS and asthma, I wasn't about to stay there!!! It was disgusting!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Not only is there no hot breakfast, there is NO breakfast, the front desk staff disappeared, the doors were locked and there was no one to check us out. There was a sign on the door that said go to the hotel next door for info, we went next door and they had no idea what we were talking about. The pool doors were locked during the entire stay. The bed had huge rails sticking out from underneath where it appeared they were subsituting a full size mattress on a queen bed frame. My reservation was for two adults and two children and we got two total towels. We paid $85 for one night, when we arrived there is a banner over the door proclaiming $119 for a week. totally a ripoff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family