“should be named country horror & crime inn”

Country Hearth Inn Indianapolis
Ranked #164 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 28, 2012

for starters, the front desk staff was pleasant. we inspected for bed bugs and it passed. after that, things went down hill... the major concern was the criminal activity that appeared to be going on by the tennants of the motel. men walked around with no shirts on and appeared high on narcotics - they were eyeballing us and our vehicle, which made us feel very uncomfortable. there was
repeated entering and exiting of the rooms next door which I suspect to have been drug or prostitution activity that went on until 4 or 5 am. I stayed up half the night because of the shouting which appeared to be a fight outside. it's clear that some of these people live here. there was no phone in the room to call the front desk. the shower was the worst I've ever seen - the water pressure was horrible and the shower head was way too short. there were only two small towels. if you're looking for drugs or prostitutes this is a great place to stay. for any other reason, I would choose somewhere else because it's clearly not safe. the only reason we stayed here is because of it's close proximity to the interstate. really wish we would have read the reviews beforehand. don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank j_whitel

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Nasty, Nasty, Nasty! My husband and I checked in here paid $70 for the night. We walked into the room and the floor was so nasty my shoes were sticking to the carpet! The bed had a huge whole in it. The walls were covered in filth and huge cob webs. The toilet had feces and urine on it! It was awful! The front desk clerk would do nothing to help us! Said if we just dealt with it, he would have te manager give us a little refund. What?? I have MS and asthma, I wasn't about to stay there!!! It was disgusting!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Not only is there no hot breakfast, there is NO breakfast, the front desk staff disappeared, the doors were locked and there was no one to check us out. There was a sign on the door that said go to the hotel next door for info, we went next door and they had no idea what we were talking about. The pool doors were locked during the entire stay. The bed had huge rails sticking out from underneath where it appeared they were subsituting a full size mattress on a queen bed frame. My reservation was for two adults and two children and we got two total towels. We paid $85 for one night, when we arrived there is a banner over the door proclaiming $119 for a week. totally a ripoff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I have stayed at this motel before. I have seen a HUGE improvement in the property over the last couple of years. They have done an excellent job at remodeling and ensuring the rooms are clean and up to standards. Its not a fancy motel, but for the price and location it was just right. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2006

Stopped on the way home from vacation. VERY long driving day. This has to be one of the worst places I have ever seen. Filthy from top to bottom-- Keep driving!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple