WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #74 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Sylvania, United States
“Lot of mold and dust”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very moldy in bathroom and dusty in guest room, just overall rundown and neglected. We will definitely not stay there again. That is the chance one has to take with Best Western.....some of the hotels are good and some very bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Ronald C,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are currently in a multistage renovation plan.
Updates this year have included:
New in room furniture, new draperies, new granite vanities and mirrors in the bathroom.
Updates to come this year:
New lighting in all the rooms and repainting of the entire exterior.
Updates coming in 2015:
New carpeting and new tile in the bathrooms.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-888-5588.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Flat Lick, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had a death in the family almost all of the hotels were sold out in the area. Best Western is generally a decent hotel, decent prices. It could have been worse I guess, sewage smell from the pool was strong. Breakfast was a little below average of other Best Western's I've visited. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Dear Elizabeth S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I have spoken to our Director of Engineering concerning the odor you experienced, unfortunately we have not had such an occurrence happen again so it has been very difficult to ascertain the cause, but we have performed our regular maintenance and found no problems.

We are currently exploring some new and exciting options to improve our breakfast.

Denver, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Room dirty, bed cover dirty and stained, sheets thin, towels thin. Used shampoo and conditioner left in bathroom. Plastic drinking glass open and left on counter. Air conditioner didn't work. Breakfast skimpy and not good, danish had hair in it. Women and children STAY AWAY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Christopher H,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

On behalf of the entire Best Western Indianapolis South team I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
I have spoken to our Director of Housekeeping regarding the issues with your room.

I would like to discus this with you further, please contact me either via email or calling the hotel directly.
Michigan City, Indiana, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

We normally stay at a different Best Western in Indy, but they were booked, so we chose this one. We found friendly staff, a clean/comfortable room, quick internet access, easy to find/great location....... we just weren't crazy about the breakfast. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Glidergal,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

If you would like to share any improvements we could make to our breakfast please contact me via email bestwesternindysouth@gmail.com as we are always happy to accept guest input.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!
Crystal Lake, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Upon our arrival, after check-in, we entered our room and turned on the air conditioner. It took approximately an hour before it started to cool, and didn't really cool at all. We had the janitor in our room to help who said the A/C wasn' tworking and would have to switch it out with another. In the meantime, the toilet wouldn't flush. When all was said and done, we were finally able to get to bed after 11 pm just to get up at 4 am. The toilet issue was not completely resolved; however, and we, the guests, had to use a plunger all next day in order to use the toilet because their wasn't an avaialble maintenance person until evening! Are you kidding me?

I then called Best Western after we left (no manager onsite the entire weekend), and it took almost a month for the front desk manager to tell me he couldn't do anything because I booked through Travelocity. Now I have to be compensated through Travelocity....good luck there. I wil never stay at this location again! The service is HORRIBLE.

And, to top it off, the headboard on the bed was dirty! Full of dust!

Room Tip: Do not book this location; look elsewhere!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank agilityk9z
agilityk9z,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

Our goal is to provide our guests with superior customer care, we have fallen well short of this goal. The issues you experienced would be incredibly frustrating and I do understand your dissatisfaction with our service. Equipment does fail, however that is no excuse for promptly handling this situation. I have discussed this issue with our Director of Engineering and our entire maintenance team. We have reenforced our training on dealing with these issues.

Unfortunately at the property level we are very limited on compensating a guest who books through Travelocity or any other "third party" booking company. I would like to discuss with you some of the few options we do have. Please contact me either via email bestwesternindysouth@gmail.com or by calling the hotel directly.
jeffersonville IN, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel itself was ok. The noise that started 11:30pm and went on until 4:45am was very loud, the front desk person had to had heard this and did nothing. The breakfast food was good in the morning I did have to chase down the maid cart to get soap that would not crumble when opened. Also had to have front desk to send someone to my room to shut the ref. door, because it would not close. The freezer needed to be defrosted.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Linda S,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

We do take noise issues very seriously and I have spoken to the entire front desk team regarding our procedures for dealing with noise.
I have also contacted our supplier and have spoken with them regarding the quality of their product.
I have spoken to our Director of Housekeeping and we have made defrosting our refrigerators a priority.

We do hope that when visiting Indy again you allow us a second chance to accommodate your hotel needs.
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I always stay at a hotel with a hot tub. This facility does not have a hot tub in the pool area so the clerk put my wife and I in a room with a hot tub for an upgrade fee of course. The hot tub was an over sized bath tub with a few jets. Also, there was no bathroom mirror so getting ready we had to rely on each other for shaving and hair prep. I felt like I really got taken to the cleaners on what this room cost me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Travis B,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

On behalf of the entire Best Western staff I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
It is our policy to inform all guests who choose one of our executive king rooms to emphasize the the guest that it is a jacuzzi style tub, not a hot tub. If this was not relayed to you during check in I do apologize.
We did unfortunately have a major snafu during our last round of property improvements. The new mirrors that were to accompany our new vanities were "temporarily un-locatable" (shipping company's term) for several days after the work had begun on our vanities. Due to the size of the new vanities and the fragility of the old mirrors we were forced to rent several of our rooms without bathroom mirrors. All of our rooms do have full length mirrors available. If our team members failed to explain this at check in as well, once again I do apologize.
I can understand your frustration regarding these issues.
I would like to discuss this further with you. You may either email me at bestwesternindysouth@gmail.com or call me directly at the hotel.

We do hope that when visiting Indy again you allow us another opportunity to accommodate your hotel needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Comfort Inn South
Comfort Inn South
#23 of 179 in Indianapolis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood

Been to BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!