WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South

BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South
Ranked #75 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
jeffersonville IN, United States
“Indianapolis South Best Western”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel itself was ok. The noise that started 11:30pm and went on until 4:45am was very loud, the front desk person had to had heard this and did nothing. The breakfast food was good in the morning I did have to chase down the maid cart to get soap that would not crumble when opened. Also had to have front desk to send someone to my room to shut the ref. door, because it would not close. The freezer needed to be defrosted.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Linda S,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

On behalf of the entire Best Western Indianapolis South team I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
We do take noise issues very seriously and I have spoken to the entire front desk team regarding our procedures for dealing with noise.
I have also contacted our supplier and have spoken with them regarding the quality of their product.
I have spoken to our Director of Housekeeping and we have made defrosting our refrigerators a priority.

We do hope that when visiting Indy again you allow us a second chance to accommodate your hotel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I always stay at a hotel with a hot tub. This facility does not have a hot tub in the pool area so the clerk put my wife and I in a room with a hot tub for an upgrade fee of course. The hot tub was an over sized bath tub with a few jets. Also, there was no bathroom mirror so getting ready we had to rely on each other for shaving and hair prep. I felt like I really got taken to the cleaners on what this room cost me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travis B,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

On behalf of the entire Best Western staff I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
It is our policy to inform all guests who choose one of our executive king rooms to emphasize the the guest that it is a jacuzzi style tub, not a hot tub. If this was not relayed to you during check in I do apologize.
We did unfortunately have a major snafu during our last round of property improvements. The new mirrors that were to accompany our new vanities were "temporarily un-locatable" (shipping company's term) for several days after the work had begun on our vanities. Due to the size of the new vanities and the fragility of the old mirrors we were forced to rent several of our rooms without bathroom mirrors. All of our rooms do have full length mirrors available. If our team members failed to explain this at check in as well, once again I do apologize.
I can understand your frustration regarding these issues.
I would like to discuss this further with you. You may either email me at bestwesternindysouth@gmail.com or call me directly at the hotel.

We do hope that when visiting Indy again you allow us another opportunity to accommodate your hotel needs.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We checked in Friday night. The room had 2 double beds. There was a very strong odor that smelled like chemicals from a rug cleaner. Someone took their shoes off and the carpet was completely soaked. The staff got us another room and it was fine. Vending machine was out of drinks except Mountain Dew. The pool was very small, but kids didn't mind. The complimentary breakfast was good. The location seemed in a nice area with lots of restaurants nearby.

Stayed April 2014
Pam B,

Thank you for reviewing our property.
We do apologize for the incident with the carpet. That room had been shampooed earlier in the day, but this had not been relayed to the desk staff. I have spoken with our Director of Engineering and we have emphasized improved communication between the departments.
Unfortunately our Pepsi delivery that week had been delayed.
The pool issue is actually an optical illusion. Our pool is a standard 10,000 gallon pool similar to the other hotels in our area, however do to our pool room being much larger that other hotels and coupled with the row of floor to ceiling windows the pool appears to be smaller. This is a design flaw that hotel ownership has taken note of and correction of this is in the very early stages.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Indy!
Germantown, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Convenient to Downtown Indianapolis and the area attractions. Plenty of options for restaurants and shopping. The Motel was was good and got a good nights sleep. I would recommend it to anyone visiting in the areas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Mark A,

Thank you for reviewing our property.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Indy!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Awesome location. Rooms were fanatic quite and very clean. Check in clerks were very helpful and friendly. Will stay here again. Sonia went above and beyond and was very professional. Housekeeping was very sweet, and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Eli2015,

Thank you for your review of our property. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our room has some severe wear. The wall heating unit - sauna or freeze. Called the front desk twice to complain that our room was filling with marijuana smoke from the neighboring room (bathroom vent??). They refused to "get involved", "couldn't prove were it was coming from" and never offered to move us to another room. We stayed here a couple of times before and saw a significant decline in customer service, room conditions and cleanliness. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear JB,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-888-5588.
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Best Western properties are usually good but this one is getting tired - poor paint job in the room (table lamp and clock plugs painted over), bathroom caulking cracked and discolored, etc. Worse was the clerk on duty when we got there ... took forever, it seemed, to get registered and there was no response until I asked a second time if perhaps he might want to call someone for help when he couldn't get the terminal to respond ... why not take the info by hand on a form or something??? Then he didn't know where the handicapped parking spaces were and sent us on a wild goose chase completely around the property until WE found them right outside the front door on the left - NOT to the right where he "guessed" they were. This guy needs more training or a different job where he's not interacting with the public.

I'll add that "Tanya" on the front desk earlier was very pleasant and helpful. We raised our rating to 3 stars instead of 2 (or 1) because of her.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob44mi
Dear Bob44mi,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Comfort Inn South
Comfort Inn South
#23 of 179 in Indianapolis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood

Been to BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!