“TERRIFIC TERRIFIC TERIFFIC” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #76 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Harrisburg,Pa.
“TERRIFIC TERRIFIC TERIFFIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

My buddy and I had just rode 600 miles on our motorcycles to attend the Indy 500. On arrival at the Best Western we were greeted by a very hospitable staff at check-in.
We were really impressed when they suggested we leave our motorcycles along the curb under the canopy to protect them from a light rain in the area.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
Oh...did I mention that we and the other guests staying there were given a PIZZA PARTY the night before the race. What a pleasant surprise.
And even in the mornings...we were greeted in the lobby with HOT breakfast items along with the usual continental items.
I reccommend this lovely place to anyone traveling through the area.
Doug & Bob
Harrisburg, Pa.

• Liked — Cleaniness
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bedford, IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

Our room was about 100 degrees when we checked in, and it smelled SO bad. Our room was SO saturated with cigarette smoke it was disgusting.....the beds smelled of smoke, the towels in the bathroom smelled, the kleenexs smelled , the bathroom sink has burn marks all over it....and the worst was when the shower curtain got wet it stunk so bad of smoke. And the second night we didn't get in until late and the whole second floor smelled of marijuana and incense....we left, we didn't even stay the second night. It was a nasty hotel with rude front desk employees....the only thing nice I can say is the bagels for breakfast were ok. If you don't have to stay here....DON'T! It's NASTY!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The cigarette smoke laden room with dirty floors, bad tv picture and uncomfortable beds.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2005

In Dec. 2004 I made reservations at this hotel for two nights, Aug. 6th and 7th, 2005, using my VISA card to guarantee.I made them eight months in advance because this was NASCAR race weekend inIndy. In late July I called to confirm these reservations. I was told the reservations were in order and was asked if I had a new expiration date as the one on my VISA had expired in 06/05. I gave her the new expiration date of 06/08 on the same card. We arrived at the hotel just before 7:00PM only to be told by management that our reservations were no longer valid because of the expired expiration date on our VISA card. My husband and I both tried to explain that one of his staff was given the new expiration date in July but he became rude, harrassing, and in effect called us liars. We were admonished because they had tried to call us that afternoon and we were not at home. We live 650 miles from Indy and did he really expect us to be home the very afternoon we were to arrive in Indy? Also, he admonished us for not having an answering machine so he could leave a message! Well, duh!, no we do not have an answering machine per se but we do have voice mail! Checked our voice mail later and sure enough, he had left a message. We were told he had one room left and we could have it at "walk-in rates" which naturally was more expensive then the cost quoted to me when I made the reservations. He told us "to take it or leave it!" Having no other choice at that time of night we took it. The room was less then minimally clean, wall paper border was hanging off the wall, the shower curtain was hanging on about half of the rod hooks, some of the furniture had a sticky substance on it, and much dirt was accumulated behind the bathroom door. To summarize, we have never come close to being treated this shabbily by anyone, much less a business for whose services we are paying. As far as we're concerned BEST WESTERN does not exist in this world.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member