Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
$179
$193
$189
  • Pool
All reviewstexas roadhouseroom was cleanwafflesking sizebob evansnew carpetstay there againbiscuits and gravyeasy accessbreakfast was excellentindoor poolplace to sleepwithin walking distancerestaurants and shoppinglate at nightexcellent staygreat room
Reviewed August 18, 2012

No elevator so the 2nd story is off limits to those who can't climb stairs. It was a very friendly staff and a very clean and well maintained facility. I had stayed there a few years ago and they have maintained it well. It was clean and I loved the "clean remote" for the TV as that is the one thing that spreads more germs than any in a hotel room. The beds were comfortable and we felt very much at home. I was able to use the computer in the front lobby to check my email and the hot breakfast was very good and filling. We would recommend this to anyone as it was very comfortable and close to restaurants and shopping and not far to downtown Indy.

Room Tip: Stay downstairs if you can't climb stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Aj S, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Jumarwoods,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 317-888-5588.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked this hotel off of Hotwire thinking that it was likely one of the other hotels in the general area (several within a few hundred yards). I was skeptical when I viewed this hotel online, as well as in person, due to it's dated exterior. I was pleasently suprised once I checked in.

The carpet is as dated in this hotel as the exterior, but it is clean. The bathrooms were large, clean, and had excellent water pressure. My room (220, king bed) had a new flat panel HD television, although the furniture was somewhat dated. You can tell that there are strives being made to update the hotel as resources become available to do so. The staff was very friendly at check-in (manager AJ) and helpful/responsive when a problem occured (night shift personel).

While I was out during the evening, the AC in my room stopped working. When I arrived back at the hotel, the room was very warm (being that this was July 31st). After a call to the front desk, an employee was in my room to look at the AC within two minutes. Great service. After not being able to correct the issue within a few minutes, I was offered a new room, which I accepted.

The new room was an upgrade (226, king bed, jaccuzzi tub). My girlfriend loved the tub, and the AC worked great. Again, another very clean room, also with a flat panel TV.

The beds in both rooms were very comfortable (exceeded expectations) and very clean.

Don't let the exterior and the dated corridors fool you, the rooms in this hotel were just as comfortable and clean as the other hotels in the area. I would dare to say that the staff was more courteous and responsive than what I would have recieved at local competitors.

A great value. A three-star room at a two-star price. Great customer service. I would definitely stay again. The hotel is clean and revamped in all the right places.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Aj S, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I am sorry to write this but I have to. We checked in on July 16 and out (for the last time) today.
Our room was 102. It was FILTHY! The floor was so dirty that we wore socks and they are black. Stained box spring covers (Thank God they did not have bedspreads). The bathroom looked clean at first glance until you looked in the corners and tub. This is the forth or fifth time we have stayed there but no more. We were visiting family and were only there to sleep. If I would have had to spend time in room we would have left Tuesday. Save yourself go to another hotel in the area.
Ed Tolle, Brookshire, Texas

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Aj S, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Mr. Tolle,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-888-5588.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

1st off, ignore the pics of the pool because you will probably find it closed, by the Health Dept., like we did. Fortunately I only booked my family's stay for 1 night. 1 reason for choosing this locale was the indoor pool. I saw other bad reviews but silly me, ignored them. Lesson learned. Upon entering the lobby I saw the Pool Closed sign. I was told the mgr didn't feel it was safe to open it. She had nothing to do with it; it was closed by the State Health Dept.! I was offered some sort of discount to use at a later date. We'll see if that is ever emailed to me. She would not give us any kind of discount for our current stay. So I take the key, we drive around the side to go to the room. Problem there is, there were no room #s on the door. Yet another inconvenience. They were "renovating" in our hall. There was drywall dust & ships all over the hall floor. Yes I did see a vacuum setting in the hall. It wasn't until early the next morning that it was used. Also, there was a huge area of mold on the wall of the hall as we entered. How safe is that? The room itself was fine, typical hotel. Beds were comfortable. Older tv.Good water pressure in shower. Breakfast was fine (note: only runs 6a-9a & dining area holds 15). Advice: don't come expecting to use the pool (acc to other reviews it may or may not be open) & expect an older Best Western. We will not be staying in this location again! I have pics to share, will upload them in next day or 2.

Room Tip: We requested non-smoking, that is what we got. We were in lower level rm 101 & it was quiet but we were there on a Monday evening. Noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our property.

I would like to address each of your issues accordingly.

1) Pool closure- Yes, the pool was closed be the Health Dept., this however was the result of a mechanical malfunction that was only brought to our attention during the monthly inspection. It was an issue not easily identified by persons not specifically trained in pool maintenance. I do apologize for this inconvenience.
2) No room # on door- Our desk staff should have given clearer instructions as to where your room was. I have spoken with the team member who check you in and explained the importance giving our guests all the information they need for a great stay.
3) Painting mess and "mold"- Due to his ineptness with these issues the contractor working this project was dismissed.

I would ask you consider giving our property another chance. Please contact me via email- bestwesternindysouth@gmail.com

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in September 2011, great experience, great room, received a little gift bag when we checked in & upgraded to a different room. Just stayed May 18th., nothing exciting when checked in, the room #136, had tile missing in the bathroom, no coffee pot, the door would not open or shut easy. Still an OK hotel, but not like what I had in September

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to personally apologize for your experience. I ask you to give us another chance to wow you again. Please contact me via email on your next visit to Indy.
My email- bestwesternindysouth@gmail.com