“Great Room”

Ranked #64 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Room”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We enjoyed our stay. Beds were large and comfortable. Room was clean. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Aj S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Indianapolis South, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our property! Your group was a joy to have and we hope to see you again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The lobby was very welcoming and very clean, which is always a plus! The staff was well trained and extremely helpful for our stay, and recommended us to dine at Texas Roadhouse and even got us a 10% discount! Would definitely come back on my next visit!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Aj S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Indianapolis South, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Balram M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My stay was very pleasant the pool was great with a warm 70 degrees even though it was like 30 degrees in Indy when we stayed. The rooms were huge!! the room we stayed in had 2 KING BEDS! Wow.. Never seen this before. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay will def stay again.

Room Tip: 2 King Bed rooms are great...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JR,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to see you again soon!
Cincinnati
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Would not recommend! Dark lobby - uninviting! Pool smelled so bad could not walk in - they were spraying stuff in the vents. Feces in hallway upstairs - how on earth did that happen? Lastly, maintenance man, in "wife beater" shirt (unprofessional shirt for work attire in my opinion) gave a MASTER key to one of my friends because their room key would not work. Wow - that makes me feel uncomfortable to know you just hand out a master key when a room key doesn't work. After all that, I could not help being creeped out that I was not in a very clean/safe place. Couldn't wait to leave. Husband travels and feels a lot of Best Westerns going down hill. I don't need fancy - just clean and safe. Won't be back!

Room Tip: Not Best Western Indy South
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary B

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 25, 2011

During a 3-day stay, the attention we received was just okay and the breakfast bar was disappointing in appearance and taste. The facility seemed dark and the staff, just adequate in giving attention to their its guests. The motel is in an outstanding location, but seems to lack the desire to compete with nearby motels. With more effort and training, management could turn lack-luster experiences into higher quality performance in today's travel needs.

Probably would not return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Aj S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Indianapolis South, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing our property. We truly value all the reviews we receive.
I want to apologize for the lackluster experience you had at our property. We are constantly striving to improve every stay, every time.
We are currently involved in many new and exciting changes coming to Best Western Indy South such as; an improved breakfast area, updated furniture in the rooms and an updated lobby.
Our staff is undergoing some changes too! We will be focusing on those little things that do make the travel experience more enjoyable and satisfying to the guest.
We would like the opportunity to improve your impression of our property, please contact me directly the next time you are in the area.
charleston, il
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Booked 3 rooms, at check-in they upgraded all of us--2 rooms to suites. The front desk staff AJ, was wonderful, made us feel great. Didn't use the pool, so I can't write about it. Right across the road from Texas Roadhouse. The breakfast had scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, waffles. Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Aj S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Indianapolis South, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is feedback from guests like you that help up provide the highest quality service.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I booked my room via Priceline. Requested 1 room 2 beds. Got there had 1bed. Spent 1hour talking with desk clerk who I guess was only one there, but she could not make a management decision. So motel chafed me an extra 15.00 for a stinking day bed. Very very customer experience. Do not stay there ever

• Stayed August 2011
Aj S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Indianapolis South, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Guest,
I would first like to thank you for reviewing our hotel. Guest feedback is the cornerstone of quality customer service and these reviews from you and fellow travelers like yourself are crucial to our success.
I would first like to apologize for desk associate’s difficulty in quickly resolving your issue. We have conducted a problem resolution training exercise with all of our desk staff to insure this is not an issue in the future.
I have done some follow-up regarding your initial issue of room type requested. According to Priceline’s records your reservation was booked as part of one of their “package deals”, this type of booking does not guarantee room type. Our hotel was sold out of the room type you requested on the evening of your stay and while we do try to fulfill every guest request, there are unfortunate times when we cannot. Our desk associate did offer you the solution of a roll away bed and did inform you of the charge for a roll away.
I do understand your frustration at not receiving the room type you requested and I do certainly understand being upset with the time it took to resolve the matter , these are both issues that I can see would be very upsetting and I would once again like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I do hope that you would allow us the opportunity to improve your impression of our hotel and the Best Western brand. If you are ever in the Indianapolis area again please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly and I will personally assist you in your travel needs.

Thank You.
Aj Strong
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
#11 of 179 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South

Been to Best Western Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!