“Really disappointed...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Really disappointed...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I'm really disappointed with this place...i've read so many good reviews on it from google, yelp, etc...and had to try it...wrong! first of all, I was craving papya salad and Thai chicken wings and this was the place that had it! So I put in a phone order and they said they don't have either of those items anymore...WTH? What kind of a Thai restaurant doesn't have papaya salad? Every Thai restaurant has it! Anyways, we ordered the panang curry and pla rad prik. I ordered the curry in beef and they gave me chicken....ok that's fine, they made a mistake. But it was literally only 6 pieces of chicken! For a 12$ dish, you would expect more.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank lkimmy

Northeast
“Not Worth the Stop”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I like Thai food, but they don't do it well. Had classic Padd Thai, but could barely recognize it. Don't bother, if you like good Thai food.

Visited July 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Thai in Indianapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Like a previous reviewer said I really don’t want too many people finding out about this place and making it busier, however I also want to give credit to his place for the owners and the excellent food.
This place is very small with only about 12 tables. Each entree comes with soup or spring roll and are priced just under $10. I always get the Padd Thai and my wife gets the Padd Seuw, both are excellent. You can customize the heat for every dish (Mild, Medium, Hot), so don’t be scarred by thinking that all Thai food is going too hot for you. I personally enjoy the heat and order mine Hot which is a perfect amount of heat and flavor.
I have been to other Thai restaurants in Indy and this is by far my favorite.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, IN
“A tiny gem, cunningly concealed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

I feel a little bad writing a review about this place as I'm not sure I want too many people finding it. Thai Papaya is a small (dozen tables at most) couple run restaurant in a nondescript strip mall. But the location is the only thing that is nondescript. The food is excellent and fresh, portion size is generous, and the seasoning is reasonable without being pyrophoric. And at the prices - it is a steal.

The couple who own the place are absolutely delightful and attentive. Last time I went there was a new young server who was probably the most polite person I have met in a long while. I really cannot think of anything to fault in the place.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York
“Always a tasty meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Thai Papaya is a small, unpretentious restaurant located in a strip mall. This Mom and Pop operation has never disappointed. He cooks and she does everything else. They are both charming. The chef always stops by the table to see if we are enjoying the meal.

The food is delicious and priced well at about $10 per dish. Some entrees include soup and a spring roll in the price. The dish I like best (so far) is the shrimp Pad Thai. The green papaya salad is also very tasty. The heat of the dish is adjusted to your request. Medium is spicy enough but not enough to make my eyes water.

I have dined at many Thai restaurants and Thai Papaya is among the best.

• Visited October 2011