“Viva Le revolucion!”
Review of Revolucion

Revolucion
Ranked #876 of 2,417 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: 21+ non-smoking Mexican cantina bar. Tacos, burgers, spicy potatoes, local beers, margaritas, house-made habanero-infused tequila. Located in the Fountain Square cultural distric of Indianapolis.
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Wow. Great food, service, Atmosphere within walking distance of hosbrook street! Viva la revolucion! And the tequila tastes like chocolate!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Revolucion is not your everyday taco joint. The menu is small but has enough choices to please most palates. I like the fish tacos the best, but I've tried several and they were all delicious. There is a huge selection of tequila, of course, and a decent selection of beer as well. The tiki bar is quite nice. The place gets busy quickly on weekend nights and the service can be a bit slow because of that. With that said, I enjoy the fact that you can just hang out with friends, taste some different tequilas, and not feel pressured to finish your food and leave. It's a fun place for a date or to hang out with friends.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my new favorite restaurant in Indianapolis. It was slow on a Wednesday evening, so we sat at the bar and received excellent service from the bartender. The tacos were a la cart (if you will) - 2 per order...and they did NOT skimp on the good stuff. These tacos were loaded. The tillapia was delicious and the beef flank steak was delish. The salsa was fresh, mango salsa with the fish and pico with the beef. We ordered chips and guacamole and chips and salsa, both which were phenomenal. I love how they serve everything with a lime wedge...my kinda place. The chips were fresh...the hot sauce was homemade and had cheeky names-and there was a ton of flavors to choose from...as a hot sauce junkie, I tried them all and they were all great!

Wednesday was $4 margarita and $2 Tecate night. We indulged and had 2 margaritas each (which aren't as big as your head but modest sized). The margaritas do not lack in freshness (I seem to have a theme here)...they were really good.

I love the ambiance of this restaurant. All of the employees were hipsters...and real hipsters at that...not wannabes... We have never been to Fountain square, and we will be back! I love how you can order from the chalkboard.... I don't know what else to say about this place as to why I love it so much....I just really enjoyed my experience.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

More of a drinking with a little food establishment. Some of the best street Tacos I have had in the Midwest. Great selection of quality tequila and awesome margaritas. Oh please, I want to go back soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'd first say that I'd go back to give this place another try. The menu was rather limited but the food was very good. Loved the Margaritas. The night we were there, there was only one person working all of the tables, and so needless to say the service was slow. On the other hand, the place was packed which says something for loyalty. Also, the place was loud primarily because they had the music set to loud. If you go, make sure that you try all of the versions of their hot sauces (all with catchy and somewhat 'out there' names). So my rating is based on the average of the pros and the cons and hopefully the cons were an aberration and not the norm.