“A real coffee shop in Indy”

Calvin Fletchers Coffee Co.
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We moved to Indianapolis three weeks ago and I was having a bear of a time finding a quality coffee shop for working - good coffee, right atmosphere, strong wifi, etc. It was looking bleak until I discovered Calvin Fletcher's, which is outstanding. Plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, lots of outlets, excellent coffee, and a staff that is friendly times five. I never felt so welcome so fast.

The only thing that kept me from giving Calvin Fletcher's the full "excellent" rating is the small matter of me being an early riser. The shop doesn't open until 7:00 which means that I can't get a cup of coffee there before work most days, but it's a great place for an afternoon cup while getting some work done in a setting that's not the normal office. I am going to keep going back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ok-let me start by saying that my wife and I have a funny thing where we visit local coffee houses everywhere we visit. A coffee house is where you can understand where you are visiting. I proposed to my wife at Poets on the Square in Cookeville, TN a small coffee house in the college town where she attended college. We hit a local coffee shop as part of our vacations. Indy has a very select few of really good Coffee houses especially after the Abby closed in the early 2000's. I found Calvin Fletcher's Coffee Company on urbanspoon and had to try it. I am actually a decaf drinker due to a caffeine sensitivity, but love lattes and traditional capuccinos. The problem with decaf is that its normally bitter. This is not the case with Calvin Fletchers. I had a decaf latte the first time I was there and it was wonderfully sweet with very compact bubble froth that lasted the entire time I was drinking the latte. The staff is wonderful and always joyful. They donate profits to local charities as well. I took my wife there for a date and we had sandwiches for lunch. I had the veggie turnover which is basically pita bread, hummus and veggies and she had the Turkey cranberry sandwich. We shared each other's food. Everything was great. We then brought our 2 and 4 yr old kids and they had a blast drinking hot chocolate (just the right temp) and playing with the house toys. Great coffee shop in the heart of newly rehabbed Fletcher Place

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We are out of towners and really enjoyed the originality of this place. The staff is very friendly and know the locals by name and chat up conversation with ease. Just a great touch to a nice place. The four of us had coffee and tea and all were very good. We each had the following: coffee cake, pumpkin bar, pumpkin chocolate chip muffin, and breakfast sandwich. All were extra delightful. All types of customers came in during our stop. Very nice cultural mix of the community. I recommend anyone staying in Indy to visit this place for a nice morning location to hang out, relax, or chat it up.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Calvin Fletchers Coffee Company located in the newly revived Fountain Square and Fletcher Place neighborhoods is a wonderful gathering spot whether you are a local or visiting from out-of-town. The staff is super friendly - the coffee is delicious and provided via a local roaster - the pastries and sandwiches are yummy too. I'd like to see a bigger food menu which I understand is being considered. Wifi is reliable and free. Great mix of locals, artist, bike enthusiasts, musicians, business professionals, hipsters and more. 50 cent refills on house coffee, too! Last, but not least - all tips are donated to a nonprofit every month! A wonderful place any time of the year. Closed on Sunday. Extended hours on Friday and Saturday. Enjoy!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

What I love about Calvin Fletcher Coffee is every aspect of the visit is special. The place is always full of friends that I recognize as I enter the building. As I approach the counter I'm welcomed by a smiling face. The service is excellent and fast and finally the coffee is always fantastic. To be able to sit and relax or to have a meeting while enjoying a mocha and a muffin in such a friendly atmosphere makes it an all around amazing experience.