Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Northwest
Omni Severin Hotel(Indianapolis)
$145
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot tubbreakfast was excellentwafflesmini fridgeexercise roomcoffee makergreat place to stayfree breakfastbusiness centerthe room was nicebusiness tripindoor poolwould stay againeasy accessvery nice hotelbed was comfortablecleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2008

clean hotel, first time i stayed at a wingate. the staff was courteous.. little dissapointed in breakfast items that might have been cause they were busy and was not much left when we arrived

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Stayed here and used a taxi to get to the Convention Center.
The hotel was really excellent. Breakfast was pretty good with fresh apples/bananas and yougurt was Danon.
Complimentary bottled water and snake bars in room.
Nice touch...

Didn't use the indoor pool but it was certainly larger than most.
There are 2 or 3 walkable restaurant/bar type places.
Stick w/ Erma's across the parking lot. Not great food but not bad for a chain-like place. They even had fresh fish---which was okay.
Everyone told us that it would only be $25 bucks to taxi to downtown. With tip it's really $35 to $40ish
Next time I'll just book downtown or rent a car.
I'd certainly stay here again though. Paid $105.00

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Pete B
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I had booked this hotel a month in advance based on the good reviews. Unfortunately this is where the word good ends.
Let me preface this review with the fact that I am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke.
I had called early in the day to confirm with the hotel that I would need late check in. They replied that I would be fine as I had confirmed the room with a credit card. I arrived at the hotel and checked in. I was comforted to see a sign on the hotel desk stating this is a non smoking facility.
It is about 11PM and I am tired from the long drive. I checked in and proceeded to my room. Arriving at the elevator a couple gentlemen stated, “You are in for a real treat. The hotel is filled with a bunch of 12 year old girls and it is a zoo.” The hotel was filled with softball teams in town for a tournament.
Arriving to our floor I walk down the hall to find my room. A group of parents and their children were sitting on the hallway floor being extremely loud. They continued to sit as we tried to maneuver around them with our luggage.
I entered my room and the extreme smell of cigarette smoke hit me in the face. I called down to the desk and asked to change rooms. “I booked a non smoking room and the room reeks of smoke” I said. They proceeded to tell me that no other rooms were available. Nothing I said helped and nothing further was done to accommodate. I left the hotel to get some air freshener to try to make it bearable. The hotel is not in a nice part of the city we were a little nervous being out at the late hour in this area.
I ended up sleeping with the window to the room open to make the air breathable for us. This helped only marginally and you can imagine how uncomfortable this made things as it was 20 degrees outside. At least now we could breathe some fresh air. It is now around midnight.
The group of parents and children proceeded to do whatever it was they were doing in the hallway until about 1:30 AM and were very loud! Repeated calls to the front desk had no effect.
Waking up with a sore throat and bloodshot eyes … I proceeded to the front desk. I requested a new room. I was still not able to switch rooms so I canceled the next nights stay and was forced to find another hotel. I was able to thank goodness! The hotel did credit the charge for the nights stay, but not willingly. I feel this was not enough for the night we had to endure.
On the positive side the hotel was in decent condition and the free breakfast was good.
The countless hotels I have stayed at over the years this is among the worst nights stay I have ever experienced. I will not be staying at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank JoesWillTravel
Reviewed March 15, 2008

We stayed at the Wingate Inn North Indy March 2008. It was clean as mentioned by other reviewers. This is what EVERY Inn or Hotel should be and this shouldn't be the exception.

I don't know what the problem is with Indianapolis, but it seems, going simply by reading online reviews, that every place around Indy is either filthy, unsafe, has cheap beds or costs $300+ a night. We have never had such a hard time deciding on a place to stay in any other city. We searched and searched for hours on line trying to find a nice deal, a clean and safe place to stay for a reasonable price. We finally gave up looking and choose the Wingate.

To be honest, our review will be a little on the critical side, because when we booked our room, we thought we were going to get 2 queen sized beds in a non-smoking room. When we arrived, and after we had signed our name to the bill, we were informed that we were not getting that, instead we received a non-smoking room with king size bed and pull out sofa. This isn't necessarily Wingate's fault nor the person at the desk, but nevertheless, we were upset. We were told that online booking, only guarantees the room, not the type of room.

Apparently, this Inn is booked pretty solidly every night. The staff were friendly, the place was clean. We didn't use the pool area, but it looked nice. It was just off the Lobby area. Actually, everything was in or off the lobby. The front desk, the breakfast area in the center, the pool behind the breakfast area, seperated by a wall with windows, and in a little room near the front desk, one could see into the exercise room. There is a small room off the lobby for Meetings, and a small business center. Personally, I didn't like seeing a window into the exercise room just off the lobby area, nor a lot of windows to the pool area either.

We went to an upper floor room but could still smell a little of the pool near the elevator area. But other than that, the hallway was clean and well kept. The elevators were slightly slow, as another reviewer mentioned.

Our room was nice, it was clean as well. It had received some definate wear however. The sofa bed was small, and the head side when pulled out was a little lower then the other end, which I hate. When the sofa bed was pulled out, there wasn't much floor space in the room. The sofa mattress was about 5 inches thick, but firm and it felt sort of like sleeping on a gym mat from grade school.

The king size bed was tall, and nice looking. But I wouldn't say it was super comfortable. I noticed in the morning that the bedskirt was frayed near the window area, probably from where people stepped on it a lot over the years. The room was quiet and we didn't hear any outside noises.

Looking out at the parking lot, I noticed a lot of cars at night, but the place clears out early because of all the business travelers. The lot was clean, but in need of restriping as a lot of the lines were faded. The parking spaces were a little tight as well. Also, one of the handicapped spaces needed to be repainted months ago.

The tv was nice. The bathroom was nice and clean however they only provided one semi-small bar of soap. The soap was excellent quality however.
There is an inroom safe which we didn't use, a ironing board, a hair dryer, microwave, refrigerator and a couple bottles of water and a small snack near the microwave.
In addition, there is a small desk, and internet connection in the room.

In the morning we were up early and so were all the businessmen staying there for the night. The breakfast was fine, the standard fare or maybe a little better than standard, and they had a large bigscreen tv playing the news in the corner.

The Wingate provides a newspaper at your door in the mornings which was nice.

All in all, the stay was good to excellent. If you are looking for a clean stay, then this is it.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gotaluvme
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Absolute consistency! I've stayed at this hotel many times on business from Chicago. As mentioned in other reviews, as soon as you walk in you're impressed with the cleanliness of the property which extends from the public areas to the rooms. Additionally, all staff are most welcoming and very accomodating. The pool area is fab as is the very complete breakfast buffet. No regrets ever when choosing this Wingate. I only wish that it could be cloned in some of the other cities I travel to.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business