“Lost count of how many times we have stayed here....excellent hotel, above average service!”

Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #58 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2011

IWe stay at this hotel 5 times a year! This has become my home away from home while working at the track. I have stayed at several locations in Indianapolis; but this hotel by far is the best. We have returned to this location for over 4 years now and will continue to do so as long as my husband continues to come to Indianapolis for work; as well as the occasional family trip.
The hotel is the clean, super comfortable ( I want to take the bed home as well as the sheets), the breakfast buffet is just perfect for both families and the business traveler, and the pool and public areas are spotless!
If I could have given the hotel 6 stars, I would have.My husband will be returning again at the end of August and look forward to visiting my "Home" away from home.... as long as I can get away from work myself!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Needed to be in the Indy area for my son to go to orientation at IUPUI. I spent a lot of time researching places to stay on a budget. This seemed to have the best reviews and certainly the most competitive price-especially since breakfast was included! This hotel did not disappoint!! The rooms are gorgeous and have recently been decorated. The hotel lobby, eating area and pool/hot tub areas were all very clean. I was surprised to be offered a free beer and popcorn when we arrived back from the campus for the evening. There were no surprises and the beds were very comfy. The hotel is just about 15 mins from downtown Indy-so close enough, but not congested like downtown and NO PARKING FEE!!! This is a great hotel for the money and it will be my go-to for the upcoming year when my son swims for the Jaguars!! There was a microwave and refridgerator which will come in very handy!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank karrn64
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I was going to be in Indianapolis for business and originally booked this hotel for 2 nights. Due to last minute flight delays I was unable to arrive that night. I was not able to arrive until the second night. My cancellation policy was 6pm so they had all the right to charge me for that first night. I called around midnight that first night and advised the front desk that due to flight delays I would not be arriving until the next day. They gladly cancelled the 1st night and did not charge me for it...GREAT!

I finally got to the hotel the next day at around 12pm but their check in time was not until 3pm. I decided to see if I could check in early and they had no issues with that. After the 24 hour airline ordeal this meant the world to me. I went to my room (427) and was very pleased to find a very large and clean room. Also there were a couple of bottles of water on the table, not cold but nothing my fridge couldn't take care of.

The bed was extremely comfortable!
I then went down in the morning to get a coffee and could not help but notice the variety in their breakfast. I usually do not take advantage of the breakfasts (just coffee) at the hotels I stay at but I could not help but make myself a waffle. Lets just say I messed the waffle up and made a mess of the machine. The lady in the breakfast room was great and helped me clean it up.

If the experience could not get any better, I noticed my flight out of Indy was not until 3:30pm. I went to the front desk and asked if there was anyway i could check out late and told him I did not need to go to the airport until 1:00pm. They had no issues with me checking out until 1pm...at no extra fee.

The only thing this hotel is missing is an airport shuttle. Its about a $30 cab ride so work that into your expenses ($60 round trip)

This is the first time I have ever stayed at a Wingate and from now on will always book Wingate if there is one in the area I am looking for.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The beds were great, and it was hard to get up at 3:30 to get ready for my early morning flight. My bill was ready for me in my door, and the girl working the desk not only had fresh coffee ready, she even came out and scraped my windows as I loaded my luggage! GREAT service!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Rockton, Illinois
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Hotel and staff went above the norm to make our stay exceptional. Great stay. Willstay always....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Very nice place to stay... very clean and quiet. The beds were super comfortable and had a ton of pillows. The room was quite large and there was a microwave, refrigerator and a flat screen which I was told is in every room. Free hot breakfast included and saw signs that there was free happy hour during the week (we stayed the weekend though). The rooms were very reasonable. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Perfect. That is the only word I can think of to describe this hotel. The staff treated me like a an important person regardless of my "status" in their "rewards" program. I cannot stand when hotels all but ignore you to tend to their "special" guest.

Just as a regular guest, I received free bottles of water and snack bars that were replinished every day of my 3 day stay. They gave away free beer! Let me repeat that, THEY GAVE ME FREE BEER!!! Apparently they give away drinks and snacks during the weekday evenings from 5-6 something.

I will stay there every time I travel to Indianapolis, and I suggest anyone who reads this do the same.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business