“large no frills room”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465
Ranked #120 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed on a friday and saturday night for a weekend swim meet. Rooms are large, older but very clean. There is a kitchen with a full refrigerator,microwave, dishwasher and two burner stove. It was perfect for myself and 2 teenage boys for most of our meals and snacks. Our suite had 2 full beds and a pullout couch that comfortably accomodated a 6'3" young man. Beds weren t as comfy as my pillow top but we slept fine. Front desk people were helpful although not overly friendly but the maintenance man went out of his way to help! grab and go breakfast had muffins, several kinds of granola bars ,apples,oranges, coffee and hotchocolate. perfect for our schedule and light enough for a swimmers breakfast. My kids and I agree we would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I drive a semi for a trucking company near by the motel so we use it a lot until now me myself will never ever stay in a room there again room 138 has bed bugs I took a shower and left because I found one on my pillow even googled it to make sure that's what it was because I'd never seen one before and I didn't even waste my time telling staff because they act hateful if you ask for anything so maybe the staff will just take them to they're homes!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank william g
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that we did not get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time which is why we take your review so seriously.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let us demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Not a good choice at all. Worst place I've ever stayed and I've stayed at a lot of places. The room smelled like dog even though this was not supposed to be one of the pet friendly rooms. The microwave had boiled over oatmeal crusted on the revolving glass plate, there were no washcloths or any soap in this particular room. I say in this particular room because the room they moved me to for my last night's stay after my ankles had been devoured by fleas did have washcloths and soap but no hangers in the closet. There was no offer of compensation for the over 50 flea bites I had received on my lower legs, just a different room. Please do not choose this place. You have dogs barking in the hallways at all hours. It's not worth it. The shame of it is that the rooms are large, and the ammenities and decor are great, but the place is just filthy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Perfect hotel! clean, large rooms! Great location & Staff. The doubles have a kitchen, living room and bed rooms. Sink is not located with the bath and toilet and I really like that. Two elevators, outdoor pool, public restroom, nice lobby. Safe parking lot. This is the place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I travel for business. We travel with our dogs and need a room that has a full kitchen. Due to our requirements we generally stay at Extended Stay America hotels. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel with all amenities, these hotels aren't for you. But, for the most part, these hotels are reasonably priced and comfortable. Do we run into problems, of course we do. Again, for the most part, we find the staff courteous and helpful. We have had plumbing problems, bed problems, odor problems, etc. and they have all been addressed. As for this particular hotel. We have a very pleasant experience and will be back when we are in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I made a reservation over a month ago, and even drove over 100 miles to check out the hotel in person. The room I checked in to was no where near the quality of the room they originally showed me when I made the reservation. After numerous complaints and requests to change rooms to one like what I was expected, I was finally told that room isn't available for longer stays, like mine. Before that admission, I was also told none of the rooms include the features I requested. When I told them that's not true because I physically saw the room myself, they provided numerous alternate explanations. I am still waiting to switch to the room I requested.
Another detail that I'm quite unhappy about, is the channel selection. I have stayed in hotels before, so I know not to expect a full channel range like I would from home cable, but my biggest gripe is the lack of kid-appropriate channels, no Disney or Nickelodeon. But there are over 5 different channels of ESPN. I would expect a better selection from a hotel that claims to be family friendly, and that is designed for longer stays.
The room itself is decent sized. The furniture, carpet and walls all look dirty and dingy. I wonder when was the last time it's been thoroughly scrubbed. I know this location used to be an Extended Stay Deluxe, and is now just a regular Extended Stay, and it leads me to wonder how the quality might have been better before the change.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank WonderWoman420
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was expecting alot more than what i received. The room was very spacious. But the cleanliness was horrible. The toilet had a water line and barely flushed. The tub had long black hairs. And the sofa in the room looked like it could have potentially been bed bug infested. We were afraid to sit our belongings on the sofa so we fought over table top and counter space because we didnt want to sit our suitcases on the floor.

Room Tip: Cheaper is not always better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends