“OK if you get a good deal”

Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park
Ranked #94 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
The Flatlands
“OK if you get a good deal”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Red Roof is a modest motel, but I'm willing to give it four stars for around $60 per night. I wouldn't pay more than $75-80. My room was clean, and the bed comfortable enough. However, this was definitely a budget motel: there was no microwave or refrigerator. There was a little flat surface that serves as the desk, a flatscreen TV on top of the chest, a luggage rack, clothe rack, and a safe. (For some reservations they seem to charge a fee for the safe -- I seem to recall it's something like $1.50 per day.) The bathroom had only soaps and towels: no shampoo, hair dryer, etc. There was no box tissue, though there is toilet tissue paper. The heater in my room made loud noises sporadically, though it worked very well otherwise. I had to turn it off to go to sleep.

Since the rooms are open to the outside, sometimes noise is a problem. You can easily hear people talking in front of their rooms or on the balcony. There is an veterinary hospital on the same block. If you're very sensitive to noise and you can't stand dogs barking from time to time, this location might be a problem for you.

There is a shared microwave -- one for the whole motel -- in the vending machine room next to the reception desk. You can get coffee and hot water, but for breakfast you're pretty much on your own. Fortunately the inn is right next to a MacDonalds and a small strip mall. You can walk it easily.

The staff was pleasant and efficient. I got in and got out very fast.

The location is convenient for drivers. The inn is close to a freeway exit. It's also a block from a major street (Michigan Ave.), so you can probably get your travel needs taken care of.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. The property may lack a few amenities since we are an economy hotel but we make it up with a nice fresh clean room and a wonderful staff that will be there to help guests with their lodging needs. The property was renovated this year with all new beds, carpet, and flat screen TV’s and bedding items. We do offer rooms with micro fridges, coffee makers, irons/boards and hairdryers. Next time you come to the area, we hope that you will look into one of these rooms if you wish to have your own private area. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North College Park.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2013

As red roof property's go, This is one of the best I have stayed in. My room was very clean an up to date. The Staff particularly Carol and Haley were exceptionally helpful. The only negative I can share with you is that I tried to get in two days earlier and because of a special event they said that they could not honor the normal rate and also could not honor any corporate discounts afforded to customers that stay with the chain regularly. I think that might be a corporate issue. Over all I am very pleased with this property and will stay with the again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard, thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent visit to the Indianapolis North College Park location. Carol and Hayley are only two of the members of this great team that will go out of their way to make sure our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We have 11 more Red Roof Inn team members that will be there to make sure everyone that stays with us feels like they are at home. All of us look forward to your next visit with us.
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Sheets not changed, signs of unclean bottom (poop) on sheet when I pulled back covers. They changed my room but still nasty. Too late to move out. Many people smoking and talking loudly in fronts of rooms. Terrible! Never stay at Red Roof again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Valerie, I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not a common occurrence at the property. I have taken steps to find out why this happened and to make sure that this never happens again at our property. Unfortunately, with the hotel being smoke free, our guests must step outside of their rooms to smoke and they do not always go to the designated smoking areas. I do hope that you would be willing to give the property another chance. I do have your information and will be contacting you via mail. Thank you again for letting us know and we really hope we can make it right.
Franklin, Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We go every year to the NHRA event in Indianapolis. This inn is only about 10 minutes away from the track, and close to several good restaurants. It's nice to know that every year we have a clean comfortable place to stay, as the inn is well maintained. Every year we find the staff to be more than friendly, some even remember us from the previous year. This stay was no different as we were greeted warmly by the manager Kelly, and Hailey the clerk. Both making us feel right at home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. We love our race fans!! We have a great staff that will try their best to go out of their way to make sure our guests feel very welcome and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you next year during the NHRA Championship.
MN
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a frequent business traveler, I often stay at the Red Roof Inn (at least once a month for a week at a time.) When doing my initial research to find a hotel, there were many other hotels comparable in price but were far under in value, hospitality, service, and cleanliness. I am always greeted upon my arrival and treated with wonderful service. I often arrive late at night for check-in and the front desk attendant is pleasant and I have never felt unsafe being alone late in the evening.

The location of the hotel is also great. It is right off 465 and it easy to enter and exit. It also has several locations within walking distance for food and entertainment. The hotel is also within driving distance to the outskirts of Carmel, which is an upscale suburb of Indianapolis.

The rooms themselves are very clean and modern. Each room contains a flat screen TV and what seems like newer beds. They have recently been painted and the carpets are clean. Keep in mind that these rooms are "no frills". If you are looking for luxury, this is not the hotel for you. With that being said, I often bring my own amenities and use my national gym membership for fitness.

The only complaint I would have is that the walls can be thin at times and you may have some neighbors who are loud. This is not normally the case and I understand that the hotel doesn't know the type of people who will be checking in at all times to put them away from others.

If you are looking for a clean, reasonable, and friendly place to stay for a few nights, I would highly recommend the Red Roof.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at our property. The entire staff works very hard to make sure each guest feels welcome, comfortable, delighted and safe when they are here. The property was remodeled earlier this year to give it a fresher and newer look. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 25, 2013

First room was flea infested. Jumped all over me when I walked in. They moved me to a new room that was smoke infested. Next day moved to another room. My dog now has fleas even though I use flea medication. Now I am spending money to get her de-fleaed. Do not recommend this hotel. AC was very loud as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to enter a review on Trip Advisor. I am deeply sorry that you had a negative experience at the Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North College Park. We are a company that does accept pets and unfortunately with this comes the possibility of fleas that come off the animals. We do take steps to deep clean and treat all guest rooms if we know that a pet has been present. If we do not have knowledge of a pet in the room, we do not always get this procedure done and it can lead to an unpleasant stay for other guests. Once again, I am very sorry about your experience and I really do hope that you will give us one more try next time you come to Indianapolis.
Gary, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I made reservations online after reading about almost every other hotel in the area. The Red Roof Inn website advertised recent renovations for the property. I decided to give them a try because it seemed to be a good deal. The property is less than a half-mile from where I usually stay when in Indy.We checked in after midnight, and the young lady who checked us in was very nice.The exterior and hallways/stairways were not freshly renovated. I was pleasantly surprised with the room. The decor was new and modern. The room was clean and comfortable. One wall had been patched but, they never came back to sand and paint-not a big deal for me. The beds seemed to be original to the room. They were a bit springy when I sat on them. Oddly enough, they made for a good nights sleep. I think you'll have a tough time finding a better room for the money. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased that you did give us a try and that you were pleased with your experience. The renovated rooms did include all new Serta mattress and box springs; this is probably why they felt “springy”. The staff tries to go out of their way to make sure all of our guests feel welcome and at home. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to the Indy area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Quality Inn
#118 of 180 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel
La Quinta Inn Indianapolis North at Pyramids
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyramids
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyrami...
#111 of 180 in Indianapolis
Best Western Country Suites
Best Western Country Suites
#55 of 180 in Indianapolis

Been to Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park? Share your experiences!