Red Roof is a modest motel, but I'm willing to give it four stars for around $60 per night. I wouldn't pay more than $75-80. My room was clean, and the bed comfortable enough. However, this was definitely a budget motel: there was no microwave or refrigerator. There was a little flat surface that serves as the desk, a flatscreen TV on top of the chest, a luggage rack, clothe rack, and a safe. (For some reservations they seem to charge a fee for the safe -- I seem to recall it's something like $1.50 per day.) The bathroom had only soaps and towels: no shampoo, hair dryer, etc. There was no box tissue, though there is toilet tissue paper. The heater in my room made loud noises sporadically, though it worked very well otherwise. I had to turn it off to go to sleep.
Since the rooms are open to the outside, sometimes noise is a problem. You can easily hear people talking in front of their rooms or on the balcony. There is an veterinary hospital on the same block. If you're very sensitive to noise and you can't stand dogs barking from time to time, this location might be a problem for you.
There is a shared microwave -- one for the whole motel -- in the vending machine room next to the reception desk. You can get coffee and hot water, but for breakfast you're pretty much on your own. Fortunately the inn is right next to a MacDonalds and a small strip mall. You can walk it easily.
The staff was pleasant and efficient. I got in and got out very fast.
The location is convenient for drivers. The inn is close to a freeway exit. It's also a block from a major street (Michigan Ave.), so you can probably get your travel needs taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 100% Smoke-Free Inn Indianapolis North - College Park is just minutes from the cities of Carmel and Zionsville, IN and 13 miles from Downtown Indianapolis. The beautiful north side of Indianapolis is located a short distance from several well-known malls; the Fashion Mall at Keystone at the Crossing, Castleton Square Mall and the Circle Center Mall in downtown Indianapolis. We are a short distance from the “racing capital of the world” with the worlds famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the Indianapolis 500, the Brickyard 400 and the Red Bull GP race. We are also located a few miles to the Lucas Oil Raceway Park that hosts the Grand National NHRA. For Indianapolis Colts fans, we are 13 miles from Lucas Oil Stadium as well as Bankers Fieldhouse home of the Indiana Pacers. There are many attractions and sporting events in the city of Indianapolis and the property is just a stone’s throw away. The Indiana State Fairgrounds hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including Home Shows, Conventions and the annual State Fair. We are also a 10-15 minute drive to the Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis. How about catching a dinner show? The Beef and Boards Dinner Theater is just a mile down the road. For family fun time, we are located 19 miles from Conner Prairie, 8.9 miles from the World’s Best Children’s Museum and 17.6 miles from the Indianapolis Zoo and White River State Park. The property is located 9 miles from Butler University and just 3 miles from Saint Vincent Hospital. This 100% Smoke-Free Red Roof Inn offers free WiFi and free HDTV! Free coffee and tea available in the lobby. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Red Roof Inn