“Close to airport, cheap.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #156 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The property was not inspiring, our room was not very well cleaned. The only nearby place to get "food" was a service station market. There was a sign that the shuttle could be used for travel to nearby locations other than the airport, but the clerk said this was not so.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fringe_Gatherer
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while at the Indianapolis 500. Hotel staff was very friendly but the hotel has some problems. The wireless internet would not work in our room. I had to go to the lobby every time to get service. One morning, there was no breakfast. The person in charge failed to show up for work. They finally fixed the problem sometime after 8:30. Hotel is located right against a highway (just a matter of a few yards) and there was lots of road noise in our room which was against the highway. Rooms on the other side of the hall might not be so bad. I like to use the hot tub and one evening the water was cold. They worked on it and said it would warm up in a few minutes but after 15 minutes I gave up. Rooms were very clean and the breakfast was satisfactory when it was available.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Treadman46
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travel frequently and have stayed in many hotels across the country. This was my worst experience ever. I reserved four non-smoking rooms for a four day stay. Upon arrival at 11:00PM our rooms were not ready for check-in because they had not yet been cleaned. So, joined 12 other guests in the lobby who were also waiting for their reserved rooms to be cleaned. I waited 90 minutes for the rooms, and would have waited longer had I not accepted two smoking rooms which were clean. The rooms included these problems: Holes in the blackout curtains, holes in the sheets, a television that would not shut off, a broken toilet handle, a broken toilet seat, paint peeling from the walls, and hotel keys that would have to be re-keyed each day because they did not work (and once they could not re-key them so they simply gave us another room). When I asked to speak with the manager about these problems, he or she was "not available." Moreover, there is very little parking which forced us to park on the street each night.

Please, do not ever stay here unless you want a miserable experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I did not stay at the hotel - my review pertains to the "airport" shuttle. It was ABSOLUTELY terrible. Their priority is to take truck drivers (who do not make reservations) to the local hubs and not to pick up flyers at the airport. This is not an "airport" shuttle and they should not advertise it as such. My wife and I waited for 1 hr 15 min to be picked up because they had 15 truck drivers to drop off across the city. The desk clerk told me upon arriving at the airport that it would be within 30 min (which she had to have known to be untrue). I called her a couple times and she got very rude with me for questioning what was taking so long. There are several other hotels in the area that offer park and fly. I saw their airport shuttles come 2-3 times while I was waiting for Quality Inn. I will NEVER use this service again and would strongly recommend that others avoid it as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I do not chose where I stay, it's up to my company.

At first glance I thought this place was good, not I think it's just average.

Room was ok, it had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker (no regular coffee, just de-caf).
The smoke alarm was missing and wires were sticking out of the wall, that made me feel safe, NOT !!!!
Remote control worked like junk !!!

Next to the interstate and it was loud.

There's a few places to eat within walking distance.

They usually have a pretty decent breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Oh my gosh, The only thing's this hotel had going for it was it was pet friendly and the price. There are very few parking spaces in front of the hotel because it is reserved for Semi truck parking however the parking lot does have ample lighting. I had reserved two KING rooms but got two double rooms instead. I was told there were no KING rooms left even though I had reserved them. The carpets are stained and very worn, the walls are dirty and In the rooms the walls have cracks and plaster/paint is pealing from the ceiling. The window in one of my rooms was cracked and was right next to the highway so there was no way to get away from the road noises. Someone had ether stole the light bulb in one of the wall lamps or it burnt out and no one replaced it because it was gone. In the second room the water took over 25 minutes to drain from the bath tub and 15 minutes to drain from the sink. There were white stains on a dark green carpet and the couch was broken, sunk in and stained. Check in took 12-15 minutes due to the clerk talking to a guy who had walked up to make small talk with the female clerk while I was trying to checking in. Breakfast was below average; limited choices, hard bagels and the gravy was as thin as water because it freely ran all over the plate. Stay here is you must but beware the condition of the hotel has a hard time meeting the one star level. Would only stay here again in an emergency situation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel is good just because it is so close to the airport..
The receptions ladies were very friendly they helped me to reach some shopping malls, I asked them and they printed out for me a maps and explained to me how to reach one of the famous shopping area it's called Edinburg, i can recommend you to visit there…
Regarding to the cleanliness: it was not enough it is not sufficient in my opinion..
I think this kind of hotels is just for one night or two at most..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business