Check in was smooth, and they still offer smoking rooms, which is great for my father. We stayed in room #406, it stunk like an ashtray which was to be expected. While we thought we had a coffee pot, we found out at 6 a.m. the following morning that we everything but the actual coffee pot. This property is situated adjacent to Interstate 70 with this particular room facing the highway, so guess what you hear throughout your stay, highway traffic. As I was perusing through the binder that listed the supposed highlights of this property I noticed they offered room service, I also noticed that the television channel guide was missing. The room came with a minifridge, that was empty, no electronic sensors in it to accidentally add charges to your room. The room also had a safe in it. When I was watching television I found that there were a number of channels that were frozen in a weird block pattern or completely all static. The sleep button on the remote didn't work, along most of the other buttons, you had channel, volume, and power. By the time it came to actually use the bathroom facilities I didn't even bother to pick out the things wrong with it, but by looking at the other reviews of this property I'm sure I would be just adding more negatives to this review. No vending machines on the 4th floor only ice.
We stayed here because my father wanted a smoking room and they offered a park/stay and fly option close to the airport. While it did meet these prerequisites, it failed on every other level. We had to wait 30 minutes just to catch a ride to the airport, while two vans sat out front of the hotel. At least I had some entertainment watching a worker at the dining establishment in front of this property complain about their customers and management to another employee while smoking. The full sized van we road in to the airport had seen better days and was pretty dirty, stained and torn seats, cracked windshield, the driver was at least friendly.
Upon arriving back the airport a week later, I called to request pick and was told it would 30-45 as they were real busy at midnight. This should've been an indication of how this was going to turn out. I decided to wait, thinking it wasn't going to take this long, as the hotel is only 8 miles away, 14 minutes, away from the airport, and how could they really be this busy. Well I was sadly mistaken, 4 phone calls, and 58 minutes later, the van showed up. The driver was visibly upset, of course we were furious, the driver apologized as we neared the hotel and gave his side of the story, which was that he wasn't informed of the fact that we were waiting until 15 before he showed up. He also stated that this has happened on numerous occasions, that the front desk staff neglects to inform him that patrons are waiting for pick up. The guy at the desk was no help just gave me the phone number which I already had, and said talk to the manager. So I called the next day, and low and behold "the manager is off the property, I'll have him call you as soon as he gets back". Yeah, he never called back. So after watching at least 6 other hotel vans pick up people at the airport at least twice in the time we waited, if we stay and fly out of Indy again it won't be at this dive hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The pet-friendly Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport is situated just off of Interstate 65, seven miles from downtown Indianapolis. Seeing as this hotel is within minutes of the Indianapolis International Airport, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis Zoo, Lucas Oil Stadium, White River State Park, the RCA Dome, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art, Victory Field, Indiana State Museum, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, the NCAA Hall of Champions, and much more, there is never a dull moment when you're in Indianapolis! Whether you're in town for the races, a game, the zoo, or just to enjoy the sites, we're sure you'll enjoy staying in one our rooms with free WiFi and cable TV with HBO. The Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport offers both comfort & convenience. This pet-friendly, family-friendly hotel offers a heated indoor pool, fitness facility, free shuttle service to the Indianapolis International Airport, and free Coffeehouse-style coffee & tea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Airport
- Quality Inn & Suites Airport Hotel Indianapolis
- Quality Inn Airport
- Quality Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Quality Inn