“Nothing Quality about this place”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #159 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Check in was smooth, and they still offer smoking rooms, which is great for my father. We stayed in room #406, it stunk like an ashtray which was to be expected. While we thought we had a coffee pot, we found out at 6 a.m. the following morning that we everything but the actual coffee pot. This property is situated adjacent to Interstate 70 with this particular room facing the highway, so guess what you hear throughout your stay, highway traffic. As I was perusing through the binder that listed the supposed highlights of this property I noticed they offered room service, I also noticed that the television channel guide was missing. The room came with a minifridge, that was empty, no electronic sensors in it to accidentally add charges to your room. The room also had a safe in it. When I was watching television I found that there were a number of channels that were frozen in a weird block pattern or completely all static. The sleep button on the remote didn't work, along most of the other buttons, you had channel, volume, and power. By the time it came to actually use the bathroom facilities I didn't even bother to pick out the things wrong with it, but by looking at the other reviews of this property I'm sure I would be just adding more negatives to this review. No vending machines on the 4th floor only ice.

We stayed here because my father wanted a smoking room and they offered a park/stay and fly option close to the airport. While it did meet these prerequisites, it failed on every other level. We had to wait 30 minutes just to catch a ride to the airport, while two vans sat out front of the hotel. At least I had some entertainment watching a worker at the dining establishment in front of this property complain about their customers and management to another employee while smoking. The full sized van we road in to the airport had seen better days and was pretty dirty, stained and torn seats, cracked windshield, the driver was at least friendly.

Upon arriving back the airport a week later, I called to request pick and was told it would 30-45 as they were real busy at midnight. This should've been an indication of how this was going to turn out. I decided to wait, thinking it wasn't going to take this long, as the hotel is only 8 miles away, 14 minutes, away from the airport, and how could they really be this busy. Well I was sadly mistaken, 4 phone calls, and 58 minutes later, the van showed up. The driver was visibly upset, of course we were furious, the driver apologized as we neared the hotel and gave his side of the story, which was that he wasn't informed of the fact that we were waiting until 15 before he showed up. He also stated that this has happened on numerous occasions, that the front desk staff neglects to inform him that patrons are waiting for pick up. The guy at the desk was no help just gave me the phone number which I already had, and said talk to the manager. So I called the next day, and low and behold "the manager is off the property, I'll have him call you as soon as he gets back". Yeah, he never called back. So after watching at least 6 other hotel vans pick up people at the airport at least twice in the time we waited, if we stay and fly out of Indy again it won't be at this dive hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 3duckdave

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. Hotel refused to honor the rate that I had been guaranteed on the Choicehotels.com website. Insisted I pay a different rate. Had three sleeping kids in the car at midnight so had no choice but to pay the rate and move on. Management was unfriendly. Desk agent was as helpful as he could be, but it was obvious that the people above him were not easy people for whom to work. Rooms were average. Nothing special. Go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KEKN
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Sign on building advertises $49.95. Rate on Choice Hotels website $71.99. Poor conditions of room could be improved with an inspection program or better standards and training for the cleaning crew. (Do they even have a training program?) It is not the to quest's job to report burned out bulbs, leaking faucets, major rust problem on tub, shower curtain 8 inches too long, grounds littered with trash and vegetation over grown, van driver set up house keeping in lobby, premium level not recognized at check in, little available for breakfast at 8:45, etc. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Quality is in the name only. Paint in the shower was peeling. Cracked tiles in the bathroom and by the ice machine. An outlet in the pool area was open and exposed. The pool was very, very dirty. The hot tub was COLD & the water was too low.
Sketchy area, a stranger riding his bike stopped us and asked if we knew where a pay phone was. Really a pay phone? We thought we were going to be robbed. In the morning while loading the car there was a guy in the front of the hotel drinking a beer.
We will never stay here again & will not recommend anyone else to stay here, ever.We would have been better off stopping at a no name roadside motel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wblmomma
Reviewed May 22, 2013

While not everything is bad about the place, I can't emphasize enough how important wifi connectivity issue is for a business traveler. When a hotel states "high speed internet access included", we count on that amenity being available, so we can do our work. Some people may say that internet connection is "slow". That's generous, because it is actually flat out not
working at all. Now look at the picture of a note you find on a desk in every room of this hotel. It offers a number to call for technical assistance. Talk about adding an insult to injury... :) The number is not in service. The pictures I uploaded here are the views my fellow business travelers see most often when staying at this hotel.

So, once you realize you've been cheated on that one account, wouldn't a thought cross your mind - what else did you get shortchanged on? Were the sheets and towels really fresh? Or are you sharing them with some one who stayed there the night before? Honestly, this is really hard to tell....Needless to say I am not staying there again, and would be reluctant to stay at any QI anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ayer
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Cold shower, stains on the sheets, water dripping from the ceiling in the hallway, ironing board was missing, hair dryer didnt work. (This made my wife happy) and no breakfast.
I talked to many unhappy people while I was checking out nad the staff didnt care.

Room Tip: Stay away from this one.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Our room was filthy...carpet made my daughter's white socks turn black on the bottom. The a/c leaked and the carpet was wet. There was "stuff" splattered on walls. The paint in the bathroom was peeling. We won't be staying there again!!

• Stayed: May 2013