“Something is Off”

Ranked #62 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dallas
“Something is Off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here on a cross-country trip. The hotel seemed clean and maintained. And, we seemed to be upgraded to an extra large room with a sofa, fridge, and microwave. Our request for a quiet room got us the top floor on the end, #523, so that request was honored. However, our room seemed to be off the mark. The fridge was pulled out sideways a bit, our pillowcases were wrinkled, the pillows all seemed lumpy not soft or firm as marked, there was a stain on the sofa, one pillow seemed to have a head indention, etc so that the room just seemed off even though I can't state definitively that there was. The staff wasn't friendly except for the breakfast server who made sure she chatted with every single guest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CarolinainDallas
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am sorry you felt your room was 'off'. Please know we strive to exceed every guest expectations. We would love the chance to make your next visit a great one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here for Indy 500 weekend and got a very affordable rate. All I ask out of a hotel room is something clean, relatively comfortable and quiet. We booked three months in advance. We alerted the hotel we'd be arriving late, and the room were were given was huge, almost suite-like. It was extremely comfortable and contained a microwave/fridge with a large counter, and opposite was a barstool counter. In planning for a regular hotel room, we felt very lucky. Staff was wonderful. It's just off I-70 and was an easy drive to downtown and the Speedway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We are glad you stayed here too. Please come back and see us again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here when attending the Indy 500. We had a king room which was spacious and clean. The king bed was a little firmer than our liking, it was a regular mattress, not a pillow top. Room had a desk with a comfortable chair for working. Room was furnished with a microwave and refrigerator which was very convenient. The breakfast was usual Holiday Inn express fair, breakfast room was clean and well maintained. Staff very helpful, printed us directions and information on the parade which was held on Saturday before the race in downtown Indy. Location is convenient to restaurants and shopping and the race track. The room was quiet, we were on the back side of the building and did not notice much highway noise. Easy access on and off I-70. We were on the fourth floor and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dreamsaverz,
I am so glad you had a great Indy 500 weekend. Thank you for the great review and we will be looking for you next year!!!
Rockville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of Holiday Inns and other hotels too. I called the hotel before I made the reservation to tell them that I wanted clean blankets, and a very clean room. They assured me that it would be. When I went into the room their was long black hair on the hair dryer, in the sink, on the counter top, and all over the bath tub. I had to clean it up myself because I knew that they only had one person on duty; and when I went down to the front desk there were a lot of teams checking in and the clerk was extremely busy. You would think that if they knew they were going to be that busy they would have more than 1 staff member on duty. Then that night the toilet handle stuck and overflowed into the bathroom, and the toilet seat was very loose and I was afraid that it was going to break the rest of the way. I did say something to the front desk. The gentleman that night was very polite. He apologized for the problem, gave me clean towels since I had to use all of the ones I had to clean up the bathroom floor. He also left a note on all the problems I had with the room. They were supposed to fix it the next day. But they didn't. Then their was a new long black hair in my sink from the housekeeper. The next morning when I checked out I told the front desk girl what had happened. She told me, "The maintenance man did not feel like coming in yesterday." She was very rude. She didn't even try to make it right. Not even an apology for the all the problems I had at the hotel. The impression I had was that she really did not care at all. But out of all the staff I dealt with during my 2 night stay she was the only one rude. The beds were the cleanest thing in the room; but they were very hard. But they do have a good breakfast, a nice pool, fitness area, and basketball court for the guest.

They have a environmental fee of $2.00 per night. When I called to ask why I was told it was to maintain the yard, and the landscaping. I said didn't the $98.00 per night pay for that. I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels and have never seen that. They took the environmental fee off.

If somethings do not change at this hotel I assure you that I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the top floor. Then you do not hear all the soccer teams running through the hotel lat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Igetaroound
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Igetaroound,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the the room conditions prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took our boys to Indianapolis to visit the Children's Museum and wanted a good, clean place to stay. We were treated very well by the staff. The woman who maintained the breakfast area was outstanding. She constantly checked on us and was very friendly to our boys. Our room was bigger than we expected. Clean and nicely set up with a separate area to enter the bathroom. The beds were a bit smaller than what we are used to but were fine for one night. Our only issue was that we had a room facing the highway and could hear the trucks all night. We would definitely stay here again but request a room that did not face the highway. The pool area was clean too. A perfect sized pool if you have young kids.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KC Chiefs D
Thank you so much for your great review. I am so glad you enjoyed your time in Indianapolis and allowing us to provide you with great service.
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for work purposes for several weeks. The rooms were very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, and the property was well-maintained. The property was located conveniently off of I-465. Restaurant selection nearby was limited. There is a Bob Evans right by. A microwave and compact fridge were provided.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your 4 star review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that we've provided a great experience to another one of our guests! We work very hard here at the hotel to hire and train individuals with great customer service skills. They are truly what makes this hotel special. We look forward to serving you again very soon!
Brenda White
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nicely updated and clean place to stay with a very friendly staff. Our suite was very comfortable and had all the necessary amenities. The only thing that would have made it better would be to have a few more healthy breakfast items to chose from.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
MomBarbie, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your suggestion of more healthy items on our breakfast bar, I am looking into this.