“best value!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East
Ranked #94 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The staff is always nice and polite. they go the extra yard for customers - we stay here a lot!!!! they are accomodating and understanding and helpful with special needs. we travel with a service animal and they have a great understanding of the ADA rules. have never stayed a better place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Georgi P,

We are so glad we could help make you trip to Indianapolis a pleasant one. We love to hear about our guests stay. Thank you for the nice comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Some hotels are simply places for sleeping. This Holiday inn provided our family w/ a comfortable clean place to sleep for a weekend visit to Indie for an economical price. I appreciated the bottled water & a decent breakfast. Most important the highway is at the light very near the hotel. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Amy G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your four star review! We are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be convenient, comfortable, and a good value. Most importantly, we are glad you got a good night's sleep! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed in this property while travelling over Thanksgiving weekend, will probably be our property of choice for Indy. I was pleasantly surprised. I've stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses before, but this one far exceeded my expectations. The property appears to be very new or recently remodeled. The lobby was very inviting, and we were very surprised by how nice and large our room was (2 double suite), especially given the very nice price we paid for it. The extra space was much appreciated, as we travel with a toddler and all the stuff that comes with that, including an inflatable mattress.

The staff wasn't particularly friendly, but then, they weren't unfriendly either - just professional. The rooms were very comfortable and updated, and quite quiet. The breakfast was better than I expected - a nice selection of hot foods, and everything was very tasty. Our only complaint was the pool - it was clean enough, but it was COLD. Not only the water, but the pool room was very chilly - not much fun to be in there.

We will definitely stay here again if we are passing through the area.

Room Tip: If you can swing a suite for the same price or just a bit more than a regular room, it will be worth...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenn B
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Jenn,
Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you and your family again. We have raised the tempature in the pool so next time you will be nice and warm. See you soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed for one night. No problems. Everything was fine. Bed was comfortable. We were visiting someone in Community Hospital East and that was close by. Then the person was in the Indiana University Medical Center. That wasn't so close but was easy to get to since the hotel is right by the interstate enterance..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Retiredtravler6,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting a loved one in the hospital. I hope they have a speedy recovery. Please visit us again on your next trip to Indianapolis I would like to meet you. See you soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The area around this property includes light industrial and commercial properties. There is a huge school bus parking area right across the street from the hotel. I didn't hear a single thing both when they left and when they returned! There are some fast food options in the area. The room was clean but the sleeper sofa cushions could use some spot cleaning.

Room Tip: I normally prefer to sleep on the backside of the hotel, away from the street. I ended up not heari...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Indianapolis. I am so glad to hear how quiet our hotel was from outside noises. We pride ourselves in providing a nice quiet place for a great nights rest. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was surprised with the quality of this hotel since I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for years. The rooms were modern. They have a few layouts with a 2 Double Beds plus a pullout.

The bed pillows were quite comfy. The breakfast was below average. Disappointed that the pancake griller wasn't working. The pool was a good size. They even had a basketball court. The breakfast area made a good social place for our hockey team families to hangout.

Hotel taxes were around $20 per night which seems fairly high for the part of town it is located in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Mangniaool,
We were pleased to have your Hockey Team stay with us. I am very happy to hear your enjoyed the indoor pool and Outside basketball court. We try to provide onsite entertainment for our guest. I am sorry the pancake machine was not working on your visit. We have purchased a back up machine so this does not happen again. Please visit us again next time you are in Indianapolis.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were staying for 2 nights, and on arrival mid-afternoon decided to have a nap since we were going out that night. When I got up, a bedbug was running across the sheet. I quickly caught it and took it down to the front desk. They claimed they had never had a problem before, but I see someone commented on July 26 about a similar problem. We were moved to another room, but the image of that bedbug stayed with me. They took $10 off our room, but the guest on July 26 was refunded his money and moved to another room - not consistent here. I was concerned that the front desk said they were going to notify 'housekeeping', but I think it's more than a 'housekeeping' issue. The hotel rooms are lovely, and if these are just 2 'rare' incidents, then I would recommend the hotel. I don't like to give a negative review, but I'm a priority club member and notified them of this issue, but have had no response.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear senior_traveller_10,

Thank you very much for bringing your concerns to our attention. We take issues like this very seriousley and wanted you to know what actions we took after hearing your concern.
I called out a professional in this field and had our entire hotel checked and although nothing was found, we treated the hotel in precuation. I can assure you we followed up with this right away. Thank you again for your comments and I look foreward to assisting you with your next lodging needs.