“Good Property”

Ranked #69 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Charlotte, Michigan
“Good Property”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed in this property while travelling over Thanksgiving weekend, will probably be our property of choice for Indy. I was pleasantly surprised. I've stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses before, but this one far exceeded my expectations. The property appears to be very new or recently remodeled. The lobby was very inviting, and we were very surprised by how nice and large our room was (2 double suite), especially given the very nice price we paid for it. The extra space was much appreciated, as we travel with a toddler and all the stuff that comes with that, including an inflatable mattress.

The staff wasn't particularly friendly, but then, they weren't unfriendly either - just professional. The rooms were very comfortable and updated, and quite quiet. The breakfast was better than I expected - a nice selection of hot foods, and everything was very tasty. Our only complaint was the pool - it was clean enough, but it was COLD. Not only the water, but the pool room was very chilly - not much fun to be in there.

We will definitely stay here again if we are passing through the area.

Room Tip: If you can swing a suite for the same price or just a bit more than a regular room, it will be worth...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenn B
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Jenn,
Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you and your family again. We have raised the tempature in the pool so next time you will be nice and warm. See you soon.
Brenda White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bedford, PA
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed for one night. No problems. Everything was fine. Bed was comfortable. We were visiting someone in Community Hospital East and that was close by. Then the person was in the Indiana University Medical Center. That wasn't so close but was easy to get to since the hotel is right by the interstate enterance..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Retiredtravler6,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting a loved one in the hospital. I hope they have a speedy recovery. Please visit us again on your next trip to Indianapolis I would like to meet you. See you soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The area around this property includes light industrial and commercial properties. There is a huge school bus parking area right across the street from the hotel. I didn't hear a single thing both when they left and when they returned! There are some fast food options in the area. The room was clean but the sleeper sofa cushions could use some spot cleaning.

Room Tip: I normally prefer to sleep on the backside of the hotel, away from the street. I ended up not heari...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Indianapolis. I am so glad to hear how quiet our hotel was from outside noises. We pride ourselves in providing a nice quiet place for a great nights rest. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was surprised with the quality of this hotel since I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for years. The rooms were modern. They have a few layouts with a 2 Double Beds plus a pullout.

The bed pillows were quite comfy. The breakfast was below average. Disappointed that the pancake griller wasn't working. The pool was a good size. They even had a basketball court. The breakfast area made a good social place for our hockey team families to hangout.

Hotel taxes were around $20 per night which seems fairly high for the part of town it is located in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mangniaool,
We were pleased to have your Hockey Team stay with us. I am very happy to hear your enjoyed the indoor pool and Outside basketball court. We try to provide onsite entertainment for our guest. I am sorry the pancake machine was not working on your visit. We have purchased a back up machine so this does not happen again. Please visit us again next time you are in Indianapolis.
Stouffville
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were staying for 2 nights, and on arrival mid-afternoon decided to have a nap since we were going out that night. When I got up, a bedbug was running across the sheet. I quickly caught it and took it down to the front desk. They claimed they had never had a problem before, but I see someone commented on July 26 about a similar problem. We were moved to another room, but the image of that bedbug stayed with me. They took $10 off our room, but the guest on July 26 was refunded his money and moved to another room - not consistent here. I was concerned that the front desk said they were going to notify 'housekeeping', but I think it's more than a 'housekeeping' issue. The hotel rooms are lovely, and if these are just 2 'rare' incidents, then I would recommend the hotel. I don't like to give a negative review, but I'm a priority club member and notified them of this issue, but have had no response.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear senior_traveller_10,

Thank you very much for bringing your concerns to our attention. We take issues like this very seriousley and wanted you to know what actions we took after hearing your concern.
I called out a professional in this field and had our entire hotel checked and although nothing was found, we treated the hotel in precuation. I can assure you we followed up with this right away. Thank you again for your comments and I look foreward to assisting you with your next lodging needs.
West Richland, Washington
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Arrived ta warm welcome from the front desk staff. Was offered bottled water and snack for later. The king room was more than I expected. Nice bed, couch and a separate bar style di ing area. Room had plenty of lighting anwas inviting following 6 hours of driving. There is a Bob Evens located across the street for dining without traveling all over to have decent food. They also have a 2 hour managers reception in the evening for your enjoyment with beer, wine and other beverages. The fitness room and pool area was clean and there is a good assortment of equipment. I would definitely stay here again. To me the express is a good value especially since they have a full breakfast as well as the evening reception.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Jim D
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure all of the staff members know how much you appreciated all of their hard work. I am glad you took part in our reception, we like to take this time to get to know and visit with our guest. When you return to our hotel, please let me know you are here, I would love to meet you.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for four nights for a race at the IMS. The room was basically a suite. We had a king size bed, sofa, coffee table, a granite top bar with two bar stools, a fridge, microwave, bar sink. A very spacious room. The hotel was quiet as far as hearing other guests but there was some traffic noise. Super easy location to hop on and off the highway. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple