Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East
Ranked #63 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Montgomery, AL
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed one night as part of a multi-city vacation. The room we had was fantastic! Very roomy. There was a small area outside the bathroom that was a mini-kitchenette. It had the microwave and fridge plus a small sink. They even provided a roll of paper towels and a can opener. The downside of that was that it cut down on the bathroom space. The bed area was well appointed and comfortable. The only complaint there is that my traveling companion wanted to view a program and for some reason, that channel didn't work. All the others were fine. Wireless internet was flawless. Just remember to get the user ID and password from the desk when you check in. They were very nice when we called down to get it. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ducky1776

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I loved this hotel. The room was very nice and the layout was different from your average cookie-cutter hotel room. There was a large dressing area and a tiny kitchenette. The bathroom was small, but nicely appointed. Our room was very quiet, due to the layout. The dressing area and bathroom shielded the room from any hallway noise. Also, we were on the front of the hotel, not the back toward the busy highway.

The internet connection was strong and dependable. That is one of the most important things for me. Just be sure to get the username and password at the front desk. I neglected to ask and wasn't told that it was required. However, a quick phone call down to the front desk solved the problem easily.

The beds and pillows were comfortable. Furniture looked new. Interesting headboards with brushed metal stripes. The AC was efficient. Electrical outlets were plentiful and out in the open. Free USA Today. My only complaint was that I could not get an ABC station on the TV.

Check-in and check-out was friendly and efficient. I was only in Indianapolis for one night of a seven night road trip, but I found myself wishing I could stay longer in this comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Get the username and password for the internet from the front desk.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Terri P
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Stopped here for one night on a road trip. Conveniently located off I-70 and I-465. I've seen other reviewers complain about traffic noise, but I didn't encounter any problems on the side of the hotel that doesn't face the interstate. Great beds and pillowcases with stitching identifying them as "firm" and "soft". Such a simple touch that goes a long way.

Kudos to Adam at the front desk! From the moment we pulled up to the moment we had the keys for 3 rooms (along with complimentary bottled water and peanuts), I don't think 4 minutes elapsed. Most efficient hotel check-in ever! (Join Priority Club, people. It's worth it.) Adam was pleasant and knew the area surrounding the hotel, which is always welcome when you need to find a store in an unfamiliar city.

Microwave, refrigerator, and snack counter w/sink in our room featuring two queen sized beds. Free wi-fi and great complimentary breakfast in the morning featuring cheese omelettes, biscuits and gravy, bacon, fruit, cinnamon rolls, coffee, tea, juice, milk, etc. Everything you need to get back on the road in the morning. Teresa (food prep) was a joy to talk to and kept the area clean and ready for more guests. (Should you happen to sleep in and miss the 9:30am cut-off for the complimentary breakfast, Bob Evans is across the street and an equally good experience for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.)

It's people like Adam and Teresa that making being away from home feel like home. They are the finest examples of what every hotel should look for in staffing.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ecto1
North Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

The overall cleanliness of the room was excellent, but when arriving in Indianapolis at 2am after a 9hour drive I could NOT get to sleep with all the noise outside the room. You could hear the ice machine down the hall, in the mornings housekeeping going in and out of all rooms up and down the halls.. I could hear upstairs running or just othr random noises that seemed to be coming from all angels of my room (below,above,right,left).. I'm usually a sleep anytime, anywhere type person but not this weekend.. I ended up sleeping with the tv & a fan running just to drain out the noise (with more noise) lol If it weren't for all of this, I would definitely stay here again.. Good distance to downtown & major highways, very clean hotel (small bathroom) but nice size room for just 2 people. There wasn't any parking (even at 2am) luckily for me someone was leaving when I was coming & complimentary breakfast that I didn't get up early enough to experience due to the sleepless nights!!

• Stayed April 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Vanessa F
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

This is a great hotel but I'd suggest you only stay here if you know the city as it's a bit hard to get to and really not near much. However I found it to be very clean and the staff were friendly and nice. I stayed in a double room and it was fantastic! It was very large with a sofa, coffee table and writing desk along with a microwave and mini fridge under a small bar/table attached to the wall. The bed was very comfortable as well! I would suggest that this would not be a good hotel if you are a light sleeper as you will hear traffic noise. I'm a very light sleeper though I slept well with earplugs.

Room Tip: Call direct - staff are friendly
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank easternabeille
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel was terrible. The pool area was freezing cold and the Front Desk said they
had no control over the heat . Also, there were no clean towels at the pool and when we
asked the front desk they were very nasty saying that had been very busy that day. The tile area around the pool floor was flooded and we had to walk through puddles of water.
Front Desk was extemely rude, especially at night. My 10 yr. old daughter forgot her toothbrush and when we called down for one, they told us that she would have to come down and get it! This was at 11:00 pm and we all had our pajamas on already. Also, when we requested additional clean towels to our room, they said we would have to bring down the dirty ones to the Front Desk first!! I have been in ALOT of hotels and have never been treated so poorly! I would never recommend this location or hotel to anyone.
It was horrible. The rooms and hallways had a "old" odor to them. It just was not very clean at all.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rbtamont
Finger Lakes, NYS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

Recently, I met my brother in Indianapolis and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is excellent and their service is top notch (especially Adam). Keep up the great work!

• Stayed August 2010