Comfort Inn East Indianapolis
Indianapolis Marriott East(Indianapolis)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewschoice hotelsclean facilitycoffee makerking roommini fridgedecent hoteloff the highwayeasy accessbedshallwaydeskinternetsink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

drove down from fort wayne before leaving for florida. walked into a total disaster as the hotel is being renovated, why not shut the place down? and the girl who was working out of the breakfast room seemed to be very chatty about working so hard for so little and advised us not to even consider working there. total mess finding the elevator, it was more like a haunted house without any ghosts. i worry about bugs, because the door to the room was wide open, it smelled so bad and was a mess.

Room Tip: sleep in your car, or drive on by
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The rooms are very small. The lavatory sink is not in the same room as the tub/toilet and the countertop is very small...barely space for one persom to use. Service was barely evident. The general attitude was I will help you if I have to. And to make matters worse, the entire hotel was under re-construction with workers there well past 9 pm. Instead of shutting down and remodeling and re opening one floor at a time, the entire place was under construction. We were in one of the rooms that had been redone and the workmanship was shoddy. Doors did not close, hardware was not installed correctly and lights were falling off the wall. Definitley would not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the comfort inn for a conference that I had at the Mariott down the street. When I arrived to check in at the hotel I noticed that the lobby was completely destroyed and going through renovation. There was no where to stand to wait in line to check in. So I was completely in the way the whole time for people that were coming and going in and out of the hotel. It took way too long to check in with only two others in front of me. I finally get checked in and have to wait for the elevator. There is only one elevator in the whole hotel. And it is slow. I get up to the fourth floor where it is suppose to be non smoking and it reeks of smoke. My room was also suppose to be non smoking but again reeked of smoke. All in all the room was ok. But the smell was awful. They did have a good breakfast bar including Belgium waffle maker which was my favorite part of staying there.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family of 4 in mid-Feb. Ice all over the parking lot and walkways, attendant made no attempt to get this remedied. They forgot the rollaway bed we'd specifically called & requested for my son, then tried to charge us $25 extra for it when their website quoted me one at no extra cost. Additionally, I got billed twice for my one-night stay and had to fight like hell to get the 2nd charge reversed. Pool area had no towels, vending machines were nearly empty. Worst of all, there was a large group of men, presumably construction workers, with several bottles of liquor getting wasted in the LOBBY at around 9pm, for everyone to see. Loud and obnoxious, not appropriate for my two children to witness on our way back from the pool which is directly across from the lobby. Our room smelled like smoke even though it's a non-smoking hotel, the carpet looked dirty. The only positive for us was plenty of hot water for showers and the beds were pretty comfy. Even the free breakfast buffet was disappointing with lukewarm juices and only one type of cereal. There are much better choices next door for the same price if you're unfortunate enough to be forced to stay in this section of Indy overnight. Go north to the Fisher's area if you can deal with the commute. It's much nicer.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We chose this hotel because they were one of the only ones in the Indianapolis area that accepted large pets. We travel with our 75lb retriever and our 15lb schnauzer. Also, they only charge $25 fee for pets while the HIX next door charges $150. The woman at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful. The room was clean and standard for a Comfort Inn. Nothing too fancy.

My biggest complaint is the hallways smelled like cigarette smoke. We stayed on the second floor. While the hallway smelled, our room did not and was non-smoking as we had requested. Late into the night, I could smell someone smoking but it went away shortly after.

For the price, I have no other complaints since we only stayed one night.

Room Tip: Second floor had a smoke smell in the hallway. Maybe other floors are better?
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family