“It was great!”

Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed June 9, 2007

A great stay at this Hilton hotel!

The room was spotlessly clean, and the bed was to die for. The staff at check-in were exceptional. When asked for recommendations and directions they were extremely happy to help.

The deluxe rooms are huge in comparison to many downtown hotels. While the decor may be a little dated, there was no noticable wear or dirt.

Overall, a perfect stay!

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Jakey450
There are newer reviews for Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites

Reviewed March 31, 2007

Prior to checking-in at the Hilton, I was very skeptical about the cleanliness and appearance of the property. Upon check-in we were greeting and the clerk quickly and efficently prepared my key and free breakfast vouchers (Hilton HHonors Diamond perk).

I was assigned to room #313, a junior suite with a sitting area and two queen beds. The room was very comfortable and was recently refurbished-beds containted new pillows, down comforter, blankets, etc. The room also contained a nifty clock radio with presets on it and an audio input for your ipod or MP3 player. Overall the room exceeded my expectations of a hotel of this nature.

When I stayed, a group of rowdy volleyball girls were located throughout the entire hotel (and all over Indy) as there was a major competition in Indy. While this isn't th hotels fault, I complained several times regarding noise outside my door around 11:00pm and nothing was done to accommodate my reasonable request.

Other than the noise issue, the staff were all very responsive to my requests and the requests of other guests. Upon check-out, the clerk told me that this Hilton is corporate owned, so maybe that's why the staff was very friends and why they have their new beds and room furnishings.

There is a business center located on the lower level with free copies, color printing, wifi, ethernet plugs and internet access on newer PCs. I didn't spend very much time here, as the rowdy girls were using the business center as a playhouse, checking their Facebook accounts and playing with the equipment.

The pool and hot tub was very clean and well maintained however, again I didn't spend very much time there because the girls were very loud and obnoxious. The fitness center was clean and the equipment appeared to be fairly recent, with in the past four or five years.

I didn't eat at the restaurant, however the breakfast was excellent. Although I got it for free, I would certainly have paid for the breakfast buffet which contained almost anything you could imagine and yes, organic choices!

I would stay here again when I visit Indy.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank 737,823
Reviewed March 7, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton for a meeting, and it was an overall great experience. The staff were friendly, and my room was quite spacious, well-appointed, and clean. My room service order was delivered quickly and the food was tasty and warm (well, the salad was cold!). Bed was comfy. The shower was average, and the in-room coffee maker appeared to be a "pod" machine, but it actually just brewed small, weak cups of coffee the traditional way.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SCSarah
Reviewed January 1, 2007

Stayed here for 3 nights over new years. Paid $55/nite thru priceline.

Missed the entrance to self park, and had a ton of bags, so used valet. Valet is $22/nite, self park is $19, so not a huge difference. But was disappointed to find out other hotels within a block or 2 of the hilton only charge between $10-12 for self park- Radisson was $12 for self park, $18 for valet. Valet parking attendant was okay, bell man very prompt and attentive to helping unload car and bringing us to desk to check in. We switched to self park for the last 2 nights.

Upon check in, we were given a room with 2 queens. We asked if we could have a king with a queen sofa. basically we were told we had the cheap rooms, and it would be an additional $51 a nite to upgrade to a king with sleeper. so we took our 2 queen bed room, and the bellman helped us upstairs to our room on the 19th floor (pool floor).

upon the elevator doors opening onto the 19th floor, we were greeted by the most horrendous screaming I have ever heard. We walk over to the pool door and looked in. A large family had taken over the entire pool area, and were carrying on like it was their backyard pool party. Flips, dives, marco polo, screaming and yelling like maniacs. A small baby was floating on an inner tube in the whirlpool! Just a mess, unsafe for all involved- and no one else could possibly use the pool.

I asked the bellman if there was security to deal with this. he informed me that if there was an adult present, there was nothing they could do about it. He led us to our room down the hall from the pool, where we could still clearly hear the screaming from the pool. No soundproofing at all. Were seranaded by the pool revelers until almost 11pm.

Initial impression was that the room was nice, but nothing special. Basic hotel room. There was only 1 trash can in the room, and it was one of those narrow, art deco small cans that hold like 3 tissues, so most of our trash (our kids had juice boxes, toy boxes from gifts for the kids, etc) had to put placed next to the can. Room had a coffee/tea maker in the bathroom, and we used the tea bags, sugar packets, napkins, paper cups, and stirrer the first night.

2nd day, housekeeping came through, but left all the trash boxes next to the garbage can, did not replace tea packets, sugar, cups or stirrer, and left a sheled sunflower seed on the floor where there had not been one before.

When I complained about the pool and bellman the morning after we arrived, the manager gave us breakfast coupons for the buffet. The food was so horrible, if I had paid I'd have demanded my money back. Eggs were undercooked, oatmeal overcooked and one large lump in the pot, poor selection of breads, and poor food presentation. Even my kids who usually love breakfast wouldn't eat any of it.

Location is excellent. We could easily walk to all downtown attractions, but had to drive to zoo, speedway, and children's museum. Be aware, parking fills up quickly on game nights. We ended up taking a cab on game night, since we were afraid of moving our car and not finding a spot when we returned back.

We did order room service for lunch on new yr's eve- all of which was very tasty and large portions. We ordered 2 kids' pizzas (which were large and very good), hamburgers (which were also good, and the sides with it were huge), and the homemade chips with dip (large portion and very good).

The third day, the trash was still not picked up, and the tea/sugar/cups were still not replaced, so I called down asking for more tea. Someone brought up 2 tea bags, and nothing else. I've had more generous supplies at a travelodge.

So as I was checking out I did mention my concerns regarding housekeeping, garbage pickup, and replenishment of supplies. Gentleman behind the counter (Jonathan) was very helpful, and took off my bill the room service and first night valet parking.

So our stay was nice, just okay. I would not rate this hotel exceptional in anyway. It's about even with a hyatt. Three stars is appropriate.

Stayed: December 2006
5  Thank sr5242
Reviewed October 3, 2006

Stayed for 1 one weekend night in Sept and the only "complaint" was there was 1 checkout person working the desk, however it was a Sunday. Other than that I have nothing but good to say about my stay. I had a room with 2 queen beds, seperate living area and a view. There was a seperate mirror/counter area outside of the bathroom. Nice closet space with full view mirrors doors. The living area had an armoire with tv, desk area, couch and chairs. The sleeping area had an additional tv and could be closed off by the french doors. Did I mention how comfortable the bed and pillows were. I could have just relaxed the whole day. There was plenty of room to definitely spread out.

I had a made to order breakfast in restaurant which was very good. Nice workout equipment and size of room. Pool and whirpool areas nice as well. Both are situated on higher floors. Self parking is $19 and I believe valet is a couple bucks more. Friendly, helpful staff. Walking distance to great restaurants, shopping and movie theatre. Great Location. Definitely would stay again. First of many more Hilton stays..

• Stayed: September 2006
6  Thank vincent
Reviewed July 24, 2006

I stayed here with my husband and two kids for 3 nights. We went to Indy to visit the zoo and children's museum.

The Hilton is next to the state capital and monument circle at the intersection of Market and Illinois. Great location close to lots of restaurants and the Circle Centre shopping mall. We parked in the onsite garage which was $19.00 per day. The lot directly across the street on Illinois was only $12.00, but Hilton assured us they monitor their parking ramp.

The hotel's bar/restaurant features $1.95 meal specials from 4-6 each evening. However, the specials are only available in the bar and no one under 21 is allowed in the bar. We were somewhat dismayed by that. Coming from the beer state, no one is turned away at a bar!

We had a queen suite which was probably the largest hotel room I have ever stayed in. There were two sinks, (1 in and 1 out of bathroom) two TVs, two queen beds and a pull out sofa. There was also a nice desk/computer area for business travelers. The queen beds were separated from the sofa sleeper/desk area by french doors. The bathroom was very large. The queen beds each had 4 pillows. The weird thing was there was only 1 waste basket in the whole room. I would of expected at least 3.

The kids liked the pool & hot tub. It is located on the top (19th floor). There is also a nice work out room on the 18th floor.

We walked every night to Monument Circle and got ice cream at the Chocolate Cafe/South Bend Chocolate store. The steps of the monument are a great place to rest and people watch. Over the weekend it was packed. There is also an interesting FREE Civil War museum but it is closed on Mon and Tues.

We ate breakfast every morning at Le Peeps, an Indy landmark. There are several locations throughout the City. The restaurant is just north of the Hilton on Illinois.

Our best dinner was at Buca di Beppo almost directly across the street from Hilton on Illinois. It is a fun restaurant that is very family friendly. Their meals are served family style. I would not hesitate to go back again.

The Children's museum is fantastic, well worth the trip. The zoo was also fun and has a dolphin show. The canal is a fun place to people watch as well. There are several places of interest at the White River State Park. It is where the zoo is located.

• Stayed: July 2006