I stayed here with my husband and two kids for 3 nights. We went to Indy to visit the zoo and children's museum.
The Hilton is next to the state capital and monument circle at the intersection of Market and Illinois. Great location close to lots of restaurants and the Circle Centre shopping mall. We parked in the onsite garage which was $19.00 per day. The lot directly across the street on Illinois was only $12.00, but Hilton assured us they monitor their parking ramp.
The hotel's bar/restaurant features $1.95 meal specials from 4-6 each evening. However, the specials are only available in the bar and no one under 21 is allowed in the bar. We were somewhat dismayed by that. Coming from the beer state, no one is turned away at a bar!
We had a queen suite which was probably the largest hotel room I have ever stayed in. There were two sinks, (1 in and 1 out of bathroom) two TVs, two queen beds and a pull out sofa. There was also a nice desk/computer area for business travelers. The queen beds were separated from the sofa sleeper/desk area by french doors. The bathroom was very large. The queen beds each had 4 pillows. The weird thing was there was only 1 waste basket in the whole room. I would of expected at least 3.
The kids liked the pool & hot tub. It is located on the top (19th floor). There is also a nice work out room on the 18th floor.
We walked every night to Monument Circle and got ice cream at the Chocolate Cafe/South Bend Chocolate store. The steps of the monument are a great place to rest and people watch. Over the weekend it was packed. There is also an interesting FREE Civil War museum but it is closed on Mon and Tues.
We ate breakfast every morning at Le Peeps, an Indy landmark. There are several locations throughout the City. The restaurant is just north of the Hilton on Illinois.
Our best dinner was at Buca di Beppo almost directly across the street from Hilton on Illinois. It is a fun restaurant that is very family friendly. Their meals are served family style. I would not hesitate to go back again.
The Children's museum is fantastic, well worth the trip. The zoo was also fun and has a dolphin show. The canal is a fun place to people watch as well. There are several places of interest at the White River State Park. It is where the zoo is located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites is near Indianapolis Airport (IND), the Indianapolis Motor Speedway - home of the Indy 500 - and in walking distance of the convention center. Our centrally located hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana offers ultimate convenience to families and business travellers alike. Stretch out in an elegant guest room or suite - among the largest in the city - and make the most of being close to so many exciting attractions, tourist destinations, shops and dining options. Choose from a range of spacious guest rooms, all of which feature stylish decor in soft, neutral tones and offer modern amenities. Upgrade to a suite for extra space including a separate living area, ideal for work or a touch of luxury. Take advantage of all the great amenities our Indianapolis hotel has to offer, including a modern fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. Indulge in a luxurious beauty treatment at the Gent Spa and pamper yourself at the resident barber shop and beauty salon.Visit 120 West Bar & Grill for a special breakfast and lunch buffet prepared from locally grown products. Delicious dishes created by an award-winning culinary team and one of the best happy hours in town await you at McCormick and Schmick's. Room service is also available 24-hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Hilton Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hilton Hotel