WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Indianapolis

Hilton Indianapolis
Ranked #13 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
blakcloud
“Great location and extremely clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2009

Went to a show at the conference center in Indianapolis and I chose this hotel. It was one off the more inexpensive hotels compared to others around the same area. I was pleasantly surprised on how nice this hotel was. First the location is top notch. It is right downtown and everything is within walking distance. The bus from the airport go directly in front of this hotel so that was also a nice touch. Second the staff are very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way on many occasions to help. I have never experienced such great service. This may be part of how nice the people in Indianapolis are. Never met a rude person.

The room was exactly as described. Clean, comfortable bed and a great bathroom. The hotel was quiet even though there was a wedding on our floor and I didn't hear a thing.

There would be no doubt that I would use this hotel again. I can't say enough nice things about it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed at the Hilton Indianapolis in January for a conference that we had at the hotel. When we first arrived we were put into an interesting room that had little light and was placed next to the elevator shaft. I asked for us to be moved to a different room and that was done at no inconvenience. The rooms are very nice, and the location is absolutely amazing. But, we accidentally left our "do not disturb" sign up and room service did not clean up our room. After repeated calls to the lobby to have someone clean our room, it was never cleaned on that day. Other than that, the hotel was nice and enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank OCBusinessStudent
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and I went to Indy for the weekend just to get away. We used Hotwire and ended up at The Hilton downtown for only $55 dollars a night. At that price we didn't mind paying the $28 for valet parking, or $22 to park in the garage yourself. Overall we were very impressed with the Hilton. The entry/check in area was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly, but only somewhat knowledgeable. (They couldn’t tell us what time the mall that is only one block away opened) Check-in was a breeze and we were happy to accept a free upgrade for our room. Our room was very neat and clean. Typical Hilton decor. I am surprised though that these hotels have not purchased flat screen TVs. I would not recommend the McCormick & Schmick’s restaurant. It's in the hotel. It's a chain that I am familiar with but had not been to. We went there after dinner to grab another drink and dessert. We ordered a pecan pie that was, well mostly disgusting. It had obviously been living in the freezer for awhile and was not re-heated properly. Yuck. We just had beer to drink and it was priced as I expected for that type of place. Room service for breakfast the next morning was completely different. It was very good and catered well to our dairy-free diet. The location is also great for the Hilton. It's one block to the Circle Center Mall. There were lots of restaurants within easy walking distance. We were able to grab a cab to Mass Ave for only $5 bucks where there are more dining options, bars and fun boutiques.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
myoffering
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2009

This hotel is rated higher then I would rate it. I would almost put it in the same category as a Holiday Inn or Best Western. It seems like a mid-scale hotel doing it's best to impersonate a upper-scale.
The rooms are large and very clean. I have a small black light for work and I checked the room out with it. Amazing how clean it was really.
The staff was very friendly. The pool seemed a little small for such a large hotel. The internet was not free $10 a day. You can save money by signing up for boingo before your stay. Boingo is $10 a month for unlimited wireless and the Hilton is a hotspot.
They have 4 PCs in the business center and wireless is also available. You may have to wait for a PC if you need one.
I have stayed at most of the other hotels in downtown Indy and I think this one is close to the bottom of list. They should consider making some improvements and updating the hotel a little. I believe it would then stand up to what is excepted out of a Hilton.
This hotel needs to try just a little hard then the other downtown hotels because they are not attached to Circle Center. It is only a short walk across the street but the others downtown are closer and attached.
I stayed for $54 a night so I was not upset with my stay. If I would have paid the $160 a night I may have felt differently.

• Liked — The large clean room
  • Disliked — Internet price!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank myoffering
Bourbon, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

My husband, 1 year old son, and I stayed at the Hilton while we were visiting some friends in Indianapolis. We chose the hotel because they offer a special for members of the military and their families that seemed better than the military discounts that other Indianpolis hotels offer. However, after taxes and the cost of parking was added to our bill, we actually spent more money to stay at the Hilton than we spend to stay at some of the newer hotels because the cost of parking is included in their military discounts.

The staff was very friendly and helpful for the most part. We chose valet parking. It took the valet attendent quite a while to even acknowledge us when we arrived at the hotel. After waiting for several minutes, he took our keys and unpacked our car and we were on our way to check-in.

Check-in was quick and easy. We were a bit early but our room was ready. The crib we had requested was not in the room. My husband made a quick call and there was a crib delivered within minutes.

It is obvious that the Hilton is an older property in Indianapolis. the decor is quite outdated. It reminded me of stepping into a lower class hotel which is not what I expected. There was no fridge to store my son's milk and juice in so we resorted to filling one of the two sinks with ice.

The room, however, was large and comfortable. We had plenty of space and the bedding was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location is excellent and the hotel was easy to get to.

We did not eat at the hotel so I am unable to provide information about the restaurants/room service. The menus looked delicious but pricey and we needed kid friendly dining.

Overall, the hotel is average. I wouldn't be scared to go back but I will probably chose another property in the future.

• Liked — quick check-in/out, friendly and accommodating staff
  • Disliked — decor, lack of attentiveness of valet attendent, value compared to other Indianapolis properties
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lexington, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

I stayed here on business recently. The room was very large, and the bed comfortable. The place was quiet. There was a stain on the couch--I didn't want to know any more about that. Everything else was really nice, though. The staff was courteous, and McCormick and Schmidts off the lobby has a great happy hour ($1.95 bar menu, including a 1/2 pound burger, fried oysters, etc). Parking is expensive ($22/day) compared to other places downtown (I saw $13 and $15/day nearby).
Overall, a nice place to stay convenient to downtown.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
ATL, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

Recently in Indianapolis for a convention, I had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at the Indianapolis Hilton. I couldn't have been happier. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, no noise despite the completely booked hotel, staff that were very warm and accommodating. The locale is about 2 blocks from the convention center and surrounded by lots to do and see within walking distance. Be sure to check out Alcatraz down the street for a dinner and drinks!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business