I bought my Hoosier native husband tickets for IU basketball and the Colts for our one year wedding anniversary. He very much wanted to stay in Downtown and since I am a Hilton Honors Silver member, I went to the Honors website to find a hotel. We wanted to stay at the Conrad, but found an amazing deal at the Hilton for $99 a night with a $25 gas card. We couldn't pass that up. After we had already booked this deal my in-laws from Terre Haute decided they wanted to stay at the same hotel as well, but the deal was no longer available. We got lucky with Hotwire and were able to book another room with rental car for $116 a night. When they checked-in the hotel was all out of double rooms and upgraded them to a huge king suite! Wow!
I went into this knowing that the hotel is a bit older than some other downtown hotels, but was pleasantly surprised at the size of the rooms at the hotel. It was true that the rooms could use some updating, but after staying at the Omni two years ago and being completely squished into a room, we were thrilled to have the space. Also, the bed was your typical wonderful, comfy Hilton bed and isn't that really the most important part of a stay? We slept like babies for our three nights. The lobby and restaurant areas were quite nice and seem to have been updated recently, just not sure when they might do the same for the hallways and rooms.
Perhaps the best part of our stay were the extremely friendly and helpful staff that we experienced throughout the hotel. Front desk to housekeeping to restaurant staff, all were wonderful and some of the best that we have experienced in our recent hotel stays. Our waiter at breakfast one morning was especially delightful, even though we all had coupons for free buffet. He refilled everything quickly and brought us any special requests, all with a cheerful and efficient attitude.
Probably the only true negatives I can say about our stay is that the vending machines were out of drinks on almost every floor. My poor husband went floor-to-floor just trying to get water or a diet soda and finally ended up down at the gift shop to get what we needed. Also, when we checked-in late at night and wanted to order off the late night menu, we called room service and the phone just rang and rang. I called down to the front-desk and the poor staff person explained that she was the only person there and would need to heat the food and have security bring it up to the room. To me, if you are offering late night food, then you should have a staff member on hand to prepare and deliver. To make the front-desk person do that and have security deliver seems odd. Finally, the issue about the one tiny trash can in the room played out for us as well. Especially in my in-laws suite, it seemed very strange to have the only trash can be in the bathroom. They needed to have one near the desks in the rooms and in the suites there should be one in the bedroom and the living area. Seems a simple thing to fix.
All-in-all, I still want to stay at the Conrad someday, but when we return to Indy, we will look for good deals at the Hilton.
Dining tip: The breakfast buffet is quite good and The Weber Grill is just a block away and delicious!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites is near Indianapolis Airport (IND), the Indianapolis Motor Speedway - home of the Indy 500 - and in walking distance of the convention center. Our centrally located hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana offers ultimate convenience to families and business travellers alike. Stretch out in an elegant guest room or suite - among the largest in the city - and make the most of being close to so many exciting attractions, tourist destinations, shops and dining options. Choose from a range of spacious guest rooms, all of which feature stylish decor in soft, neutral tones and offer modern amenities. Upgrade to a suite for extra space including a separate living area, ideal for work or a touch of luxury. Take advantage of all the great amenities our Indianapolis hotel has to offer, including a modern fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. Indulge in a luxurious beauty treatment at the Gent Spa and pamper yourself at the resident barber shop and beauty salon.Visit 120 West Bar & Grill for a special breakfast and lunch buffet prepared from locally grown products. Delicious dishes created by an award-winning culinary team and one of the best happy hours in town await you at McCormick and Schmick's. Room service is also available 24-hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Hilton Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hilton Hotel