“More than adequate for a business stay”

Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I was given a handicapped accessible room which I didn’t turn down due to the large size, complete with a adjacent living room set up and an enormous bath with shower stall and tub. All seemed a bit oversized actually but who’d complain about too big? The TV was actually too small for the size of the room and channels IMO were limited but the room was quiet and the drapes provided enough darkening so sleep wasn’t an issue. The bed was very comfortable too.

The hotel feels slightly dated in most areas except the lobby which is unfortunately awkward in its layout and doesn't provide any decent places to sit like most hotels- it’s a glorified corridor really and very tight at the reception desk. Water is provided in the lobby which is a nice amenity. The indoor pool was noisy with screaming children so I didn't use it (I guess I am showing my age here as echo-ey screaming and cannonballs no longer qualify as a great time) but the workout room was better than average which doesn’t really mean anything particularly grand, just adequate. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful granting me a 1pm check-out which I greatly appreciated as a business meeting went late. I’d stay again and can forgive the somewhat dowdy nature of the room and other minor deficiencies due to the overall enjoyment of my stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed in the Indianapolis Hilton mid-December 2011 for a week. The hotel was nice and clean, the staff were very accommodating. Everyone was cheerful, helpful, and polite. The room service was fast, affordable, and delicious. The room was clean (there was a small spot on the carpet - but big deal!). Previous posters have complained that this hotel needs to be updated, but I didn't see that. The breakfast buffet was expensive - but it was included with my corporate rate. It was a very good buffet and included every breakfast item I could imagine. The parking garage was under construction which was a necessary evil I suppose - parking was $22 per day! By far the best aspect of this hotel is the location - there is nothing more beautiful than Monument Circle at Christmas time!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I travel to Indy on a semi-regular basis, so I have stayed at many of the downtown hotels. The Hilton ranks near the top. My room was really more of a suite; it had both a bedroom and living room, separated by french doors. Everything in the room was comfortable, from the sofa to the chairs to the beds. When you consider the fact that I only paid $60 for the room (look for a 3 1/2 star downtown hotel on hotwire), I really could not have asked for any more.

However, the room is not the only thing to like about the Hilton. There are two restaurants attached to the hotel. In addition, the hotel is centrally located, and within walking distance of nearly any downtown attraction. The staff was friendly and efficient; check-in and check-out took no more than two minutes. Parking is a bit spicy ($22 per night), but I suppose that is to be expected in a downtown hotel.

The only issue I had was that the neighbors seemed to REALLY enjoy their room. Their amorous outbursts could be heard throughout the halls and into my room until the wee hours of the morning. Headboard knocking, skin slapping, the whole nine yards. I don't know if any amount of sound insulation could have muffled their good time, but I was wishing for something at about 2:30 a.m.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I started staying here after I got a great deal a few months ago. I have been here 4 times since october and I'm writing this review from my comfy bed right now. Takes about 3 minutes to check in and I've always gotten upgraded. The staff is very helpful and have great hospitality (and there are a couple pieces of "eye candy" at the front desk too!.....don't mind me). Really though, I love it here. The rooms I've stayed in are HUGE, clean, and comfortable. Room service is fast.....but the food was just so-so.
The front desk arranged a horse carriage company to meet us at the lobby doors and we loved it.
My kids love the indoor pool and hot tub on the top floor.
All in all, as long as the staff remains friendly, I will be back each and every time I visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at the Indianapolis downtown Hilton over New Year's weekend to celebrate our anniversary. This Hilton is know for having some of the most spacious hotel rooms in Indy. Not only are they large, but they are very comfortable. It was a busy weekend in the hotel, but the staff was courteous. This hotel also has a couple of great restaurants including a very good McCormick & Schmicks. It is also within walking distance to many other restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The Hilton in downtown Indy is a very nice hotel -- very well kept with clean, spacious rooms.
The staff is friendly and courteous, and the fitness center and indoor swimming pool are great.

The hotel is in an ideal location within walking distance to many of the downtown attractions -- just a few blocks from Circle Center Mall, restaurants and Bankers Life Fieldhouse for the Pacers games.

Will definitely stay at the Hilton for all of our trips to Indy!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My partner and I stayed four days over Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. We reserved a King deluxe sutie which feels more like an apartment then hotel room. Lots of space to relax and enjoy the view. We were able to watch the fireworks from our dining room after the Tree lighting on the circle. We plan to make this a yearly event. Wonderful room and service. Can't say enough positive things about our stay.

Room Tip: King deluxe suite