“Liked it”

Ranked #16 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago
“Liked it”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

When I think of a good hotel stay, this is it. Nothing stands out in my mind, and that's a good thing. A very good thing.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Andover, MA
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This Hilton is downtown in walking distance to many businesses and state offices. The hotel is fairly outdated, especially the rooms. However, they are huge, almost too big, but good for families. Most rooms have a larger bedroom and then a large sitting room. Again they could use an upgrade but are ok. Hotel has both it's own restaurant and a McCormick & Schmick's. The breakfast and lunch buffets are very good and good value. Parking is very high for Indianapolis so recommend self-park.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Decent sized rooms, although not super clean and a little run-down. Nice lobby, convenient location. I did have some customer service issues so I can't give them more than three stars.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
PA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is super nice. The hotel is close to my client and very close to lots of places to eat. McCormick and Schmidt is in the lobby of the hotel. They have a wonderful happy hr special. The hotel rooms are very spacious and roomy.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lenebene
Chesterton Indiana
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Upon entering the driveway, I was greeted by the Valet. He asked if i was checking in and if I wanted to park my car or have it Valet'd. I wanted to park it myself. He wasn't upset that I wanted to do that, and gave me great instructions on where to go. I went in and checked in without any issues.

The room was very spacious. I had double bed suite, and going into the next room were a pair of french doors. The other room consisted of the work desk, another flat screen TV and lounging furniture.

My only complaint about the room, was the HVAC was in the other room, and there weren't any vents in the sleeping part of the room so the cool air that was blowing was mostly in the living space and not in the sleeping quarters. I like it very cool when I sleep, and the way the room was set up, this didn't happen.

The breakfast buffet was delicious and had a wide variety of goodies to choose from for breakfast.

Beautiful hotel, and the staff was very very friendly and courteous. I'll definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed August 26, 2011

When you travel a lot as I do (tour operator) you get used to certain things and hotels are very important in the overall enjoyment of a destination whether on business or pleasure. The Hilton brand is one I trust, anywhere. I know what to expect and look forward to my stays. My favourite is of course the bed. Always a perfect sleep.

I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom King Suite this time. Nice suite with office desk, sofa, flatscreen tv and wetbar with coffee machine and fridge in one room, big bathroom with lots of counter space (I hate not having counter space for my own stuff), big fluffy towels and Peter Thomas Roth clinical skin care products and big bedroom with their signature Hilton bed, flatscreen tv. Ironing board and iron. The only complaint I had was no safe, bathrobe or slippers. Now
perhaps I am spoiled, but I really do enjoy getting into a nice fluffly bathrobe and slippers after a shower. As to safes, well I think they should be in every hotel room in every hotel now so this was a bit of a surprise. They do have them at the front desk but I prefer to have them in my room for my netbook, cameras and papers.

Check in was a breeze, as it always is. The hotel is located less than two blocks from a big shopping center called Circle Mall and just a few blocks from the big convention center.

I had room service while here - very quick and food was great! They do have a pool and spa and hot tub as well as gym and business center.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Deerfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I arrived at the Hilton Indianapolis on a Sunday evening. I was traveling with my wife and two children, both of whom had gotten ill during my 6 hour drive from SE Tennessee. I went online and found a great rate via Hotwire. I've been treated like a second-class citizen many times in the past when booking through Hotwire. Not so with the Hilton Indianapolis.

Downtown Indy was very easy to naviagate. Plenty of one-way streets, but they were all marked well. On-street parking is free in downtown Indianapolis on Sundays. I found a stall adjacent to the hotel, which saved me the $22 parking ramp fee. Just make sure you wake up early on Monday morning to feed the meter.

The lobby was nice. One nice touch is complimentary ice water flavored with oranges or strawberries. My kids really enjoyed that. Service was quick and efficient at the front desk. I was given a complimentary upgrade to a double queen deluxe room. I would like to attribute this to the front desk clerk having sympathy for me after seeing the weary look on my face after traveling so long with sick kids, but who knows?

Our room was on the 18th floor. The Hilton has six elevators, so there was always one available. Our room was huge! There were two queen beds in one room and the other had a couch and large desk. Flat screen televisions in both rooms. A door separated the rooms, so my kids could watch what they wanted and my wife and I could watch a different program. The beds were comfortable. The only complaint about my entire stay was that too much morning sunlight entered the room, even with the door shut. I did not see any curtains to block the sunlight from entering the windows in the office room.

We took advantage of the pool on the 19th floor. It was smaller, but it served its purpose. A little cold at first, but I quickly got used to it. Since it was on the 19th floor, the pool bottom was not the uncomfortable, scratchy concrete material. There was a skylight, which gave a partial view of the skyline.

The location of the hotel was perfect. This was my first visit to downtown Indianapolis, and I was very impressed. Downtown Indy was very pedestrian friendly. There were a few homeless folk around, but I wasn't approached by any. The Hilton was within blocks of everything. Circle Centre Mall and the State Capitol building were within a couple blocks. Lucas Oil Stadium, Victory Field, Conseco Fieldhouse, Hard Rock Cafe Indianapolis, and the NCAA National Headquarters & Hall of Champions were only a few more blocks away.

I was very happy with my stay. I won't hesitate to return to the Hilton in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family