“Great hotel and location....”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #30 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Great hotel and location....”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and have used name your own price on priceline both times and got on outstanding deal versus the published online prices. Our goal was to get a hotel downtown Indy within walking distance to the restaurants and bars and this one was exactly what we wanted. The rooms are vert comfortable and have everything we needed. There is a fridge in the room but you have to search for it as it's in the dresser. Great view of Lucas Oil stadium as well. We didnt visit and of the bars or restaurants in the hotel either time as we have our favorites downtown we like. The parking and valet is expensive and we just park at the public parking lot across the street although the hotel tries to discourage this as you can save about $20 a night. Taxi service was readily available out in front of the hotel for the times we didnt want to walk. The had a business center that came in helpful as we needed a printout and this was suprisinly free of charge. The pool area was decent with an indoor pool and hot tub. This hotel appears to have alot more to offer to business travelers as well, however for our trip, we didnt need any more than just a comfortable room :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Thank you for staying a second time at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. I am very happy that you enjoyed the experience in our hotel and the walkable downtown.

We hope to see you again soon!

Phil Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Demotte, Indiana
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I am writing this as a courtesy to others who may be looking for a romantic weekend and don't want to waste time or money. We ordinarily stay at the Omni Sevrin downtown however; due to the Colts game it was booked. We opted to stay at the Marriott. With two small children at home my wife and I seldom get away so this was a special weekend! We booked a "KING" room with the hopes that it would be elegant and set the mood for our night together. When we arrived we were greated by a smug young lady who told us that they gave our room away and put us in a double bed. I asked her if it was the same price and she said it is. I was upset and asked her why they would give our room away. She stated that there is "no guaruntee" of the room you get even by booking online.. Hello!? I asked to speak with the manager. He came out with the same smug atitude and told me the same story. We also had a coupon voucher for the room because of our family being an employee of the comapany. He would not allow us to use it either. I accepted the room because it was a Colts game weekend and everything was booked. He did give us a coupon for breakfast...After I countinued to complain but neither were very apologetic. We went to our room to find out that the Motel 8's rooms are just as nice. I paid $350.00 with tax for a room that looked like the Red Roof Inn PLUS parking! NEVER will be stay again...I will book my room at the OMNI Severin WAY in advance!!! Just FYI...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eveder1
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
I apologize that you did not have a positive experience at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown and our staff. We try to accomodate all guest requests for specific room needs and with the sold out situation I am sorry that we could not assist you. Please contact me directly for further assistance on the issues you experienced. I would like to try to understand more of the specifics so that I can take corrective actions.

My direct line is: 317-405-6040.

Phil Ray
maryland
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I stayed here for two nights and must say that it was a pleasant experience. My room looked exactly like the pictures - very clean, ( no fridge or microwave) and comfortable. Nice bedpads, comforters, pillows. Bathroom was spacious enough for two, towels/washcloths were good quality, mini lotion/shampoo/conditioner provided. The soap left a lot to be desired. You'd probably be better served bringing your own. Large flat screen TV with a good selection of channels.

The lobby area was large with a Starbucks on-site, hotel restaurant, and a Champs Bar/Grill. I ate at the hotel restaurant and Champs and the food and service were good. I visited the pool area which housed a good sized pool and separate hot tub. I did see a good sized, well-equipped fitness center, too. The hotel staff was friendly and quite helpful.

The best thing about this location is that you are smack dab in the middle of downtown. You can walk to museums, restaurants, Lucas Oil stadium, a baseball field, and the City Centre Mall. And the best best thing about this location is the skywalk - if it's raining, snowing, cold, you can take the skywalk, through the convention center, to the mall. I'd highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2010
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thanks for staying with us at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our city! We hope to see you again soon!
Louisville
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed at the Marriott Downtown in Mid September and were very pleased with the hotel. The Lobby is fantastic and the rooms are very comfortable, modern and clean. I agree with a previous review that this Marriott is a step above your normal Marriott chain hotel. From a swift check in to Strawberry and Lemon water in the Lobby the Hotel aspect of the trip could not have been nicer. The metal salt water pool was fantastic as well as the Hot tub. The bathroom while not overly spacious, was a little bigger than normal. We parked at the hotel parking for two nights and it was $56. That is just standard overnight rates. I must say it left a bitter taste in my mouth leaving when otherwise I couldn't have been happier. On a side note make sure to visit the Eagles Nest at the top of the Hyatt. It was fantastic.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Europe
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Clean hotel with excellent rooms and quick elevators. Hotel has many restaurants and bars but they are grossly overpriced. The good news is you are within walking distance of many fine restaurants, shops and bars. You can even walk 15 minutes to the world famous Slippery Noodle Blues Bar. Parking is 32 dollars a day so watch out for that, but for a downtown hotel close to everything (including the football, baseball and basketball stadiums) this place is a don't miss.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
South Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stay in a lot of Marriotts (platinum) but I think this is as good as it gets. I don't know who trained the staff there but I would hire any of them in a NY minute. The front desk was manned by a wonderful young woman (initials I think L. E. W.) who attempted to make my stay award winning by starting the check-in process quick, easy and accommidating. Her attitude set the tone for all the other staff members I came in contact with. This property is ajoining the convention center by a ped-bridge on the second floor and only a short two blocks to where all the best restaurants are located.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2010
Thanks for the nice comments. I am happy you had a great experience!

Phil
Midwest
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed at the downtown Indianapolis Marriott for one night in mid-July. Traveling just with wife for pleasure. We originally stayed at the Marriott due to its relatively low internet rate and were pleasantly impressed by the hotel. Originally, we were scheduled for two nights but decided at 3 pm the next day to check out - they did not charge extra for the late check-out.

The lobby and room were equally nice - very well furnished with nice amenities. I disagree with a previous reviewerer comparing this to a Motel 6 - this Marriott is a very nice, higher-end hotel typical for other full-service Marriott hotels. The valet, bellhop and check-in staff all provided great service and the check-in experience was smooth. Used room service for breakfast - food quality was excellent but a little on the pricey side. Concierge was very helpful and friendly.

I agree with a previous reviewer that the pool is too small.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple