“Willing to go the extra mile!”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #29 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
FL
“Willing to go the extra mile!”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I had an earlier issue regarding leaving possesions behind in a room. The items were never recovered but manager, S Blalock rectified the situation in a fair and equitable way and I am now a very happy and loyal customer.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Muncie, IN
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Easily accessible, clean, friendly staff, nice room, great location. Really like it -nice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We visit Indianapolis frequently, and at least twice a year, we stay there for a few nights to enjoy area attractions. Our favorite hotel, hands down is the Mariott. It is perfectly located in the middle of everything. Customer service is great. Beds comfortable. Great choice!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I stayed at the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis for a business convention and I was pretty impressed. There were two types of water with fruit in it in the lobby at all times for drinking. The staff was very eager to help in any way they could - it was rarely necessary to even ask for help with any thing, as they usually offered help finding a place to eat, carrying bags, anything you can imagine. The fitness center was fantastic - lots of equipment, cold water dispenser and fresh apples to eat. The stainless steel pool was beautiful, but I didn't have a chance to actually swim in it. I also dined in the restaurant, Champions, which is a sports bar, and it was pretty good too! The free internet is only available in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Spanaway
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The rooms were comfortable. I did have troubles connecting to the internet, it costs $12.95 per day. I am a Marriott Rewards member and was given a key to the concierge floor -- free breakfasts and snacks and desserts and drinks -- they have a schedule however - so check it if you're going to use it. It is a nice perk. I was at this hotel for a convention. The convention services were excellent, so was all the hotel staff. The hotel is located next to the Westin, and closeby, a few blocks, to lots of activities - walking distance to a shopping mall, and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Biscuits1014
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We decided to make a weekend trip for my birthday to Indianapolis and of course we wanted to stay downtown in the heart of all the action. Firstly you have to pay almost $30 a night for parking or you have to park a block away on the street for free. Ok we decided to find some things to do but wait we have to pay $13 to connect to the internet which you have to use a phone cord or use their computer at $.80 a minute. We wanted to stay in and order room service for breakfast, but the prices are astronomical. I am not kidding $12 for fruit and yogurt? I knew it would be expensive but even that seems to much. The hotel is nice but my goodness in this day and age no free wifi and parking. I live near Chicago and they don't make you do that, and this is Indianapolis. Liked the city, but we will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Biscuits1014
Indianapolis
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I cannot begin to tell you how good the service was at this hotel. I travel for business on a regular basis. I am accustomed to staying at full service hotels. I have only had better service at the Hilton Resort in Cabo San Lucas.

I was with a group of 20 people visiting Indy to plan a convention. From the moment I got out of my car at the valet, I was bombarded with greetings. Every door was opened for me. Every employee of the hotel, down to the maintenance people greeted you. Every person that was with me made the exact same comment.

The location is perfect for conventions. The decor is very nice and updated. The facility was spotless. The food they served us at every turn was above grade for hotel banquet service.

Location to restaurants is perfect. The majority of downtown restaurants are within 3 blocks of the hotel.

Only complaint would be that the walls in the rooms are very thin.

I would highly recommend this property

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business