“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Downtown Location, Incredible Value”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #27 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We stayed in this hotel in January for a leisure weekend getaway. It exceded our expectations. Excellent service, location was top notch, lots of little extras that people appreciate like the spring water in the lobby flavored with fresh strawberries and lemons. Just a nice extra touch. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. We booked the hotel through a discount website for $49 so it was an incredible deal. I would deffinetly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 17, 2009

I stay in Indianapolis quite often and I have stayed in just about every hotel downtown. My favorite by far is the Marriott. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are great. Location is great.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed here during a conference we were attending. The staff was very professional! Our room was clean and welcoming. The only complaint we have is the thermostat in our room was located all most directly above the air vent, so when we would turn the air conditioning it would all most immediately turn off because the cool air was blowing right onto it (we had our set point at 40 degrees the entire time and the temperature probably didnt reach 65 even).

We were located on the 11th floor and on the side facing the baseball field, which was neat because they had fireworks on Friday night that we were able to see.

Our first morning there we had breakfast delivered to the room, it was delicious! The 3rd night we were there we had a bit of a noise problem with the neighbors it was about 2 am but a simple call to the front desk had them completely quiet with in 10 minutes.

I would recommend this hotel to any couples wanting to get away for a few days. It is "high class" without snobbyness and you don't feel like the staff is hovering over and all ways watching you. My husband and I enjoyed a very romantic weekend!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I stayed here in April and am a Marriott Gold Elite member.

As other have mentioned, parking is priced at $30 per night (Ok for Chicago, but not for Indianapolis).

The public areas are in great condition. I wish that they had spent as much money in renovating the rooms.

Here is where my gripe is:
1) When we arrived, we were given keys with access to the Concierge Lounge, yet no one told us that it was closed during the day. It is only open for breakfast and evening snacks. So, they lock the lounge during the day and one can not even get a bottle of water. As we did not know about this policy, we went down to the front desk and asked that our keys be reprogrammed for access to the lounge. Once again, no one told us that the Lounge is closed. It took several minutes of sticking our key in the door and call to the Front Office Supervisor, to inform us of this.

2) Prior to arrival, we had asked for a room with extra towels and a hotel employee confirmed this request via email. To our surprise, our room did not have a single bath towel. It took two calls and a little over two hours to get some towels.

Overall, this is a solid 3-star hotel. It takes more than a pretty lobby to be a 4-star hotel.

I am thinking that we might try the Conrad, on our next trip.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank BSB21
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I love this hotel! The rooms were very clean and updated, with plenty of room for myself, my husband, and 3 young children.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank zipandlucy
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Normally we aren't huge fans of Marriott branded properties but this one was nice!
The room was clean. Bathroom was nice, and spacious. Beds were really comfortable.
The paintings that were behind the beds in place of headboards were a bit "loud" but that's okay.
My only gripe was that we paid $56 via Priceline for the hotel, but had to pay $28 to valet the car (plus tip). The valets were great, one even walked my husband to the car when he forgot his cellphone charger in it. But yeah, $28?! Self-parking was full due to an event downtown at one of the stadiums. Every other garage in the area was full too due to the event (not sure what it was). It just kind of irritated me that the hotel wasn't full, but the parking garage was because non-guests can park in it and fill it up. Not cool. Essentially the only way out of the valet parking was to leave downtown for dinner and come back later after the event goers had left downtown. Didn't want to bother.
There were quite a few people milling around the lobby the whole time. But I've noticed this quite often in downtown Indy.
This hotel was a bit further out than some other locations we've stayed downtown. In the super cold January temps the walk toward Circle Center and restaurants just beyond there wasn't the greatest.
I'd stay again though!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiwifuz
Reviewed March 5, 2009

It's not often that I am really dis-satisfied with a hotel, and part of that is I travel a lot and I understand when things get a little far out or perhaps the hotel is understaffed. However, after 3 stays at this property, I feel that it is really not well run and I doubt I will be back here under any circumstance.
The property itself is beautiful, a grand lobby, great looking decor, a pretty restaurant -starbucks booth in the lobby, comfy beds and linens -what's not to like right? ---Well I'll tell ya.
I stayed at this property for a week in June 2008 -taking a class that was south of the hotel. EVERY night that I came back to the hotel there were tons of people in the lobby waiting to check in, or ???. It was hard to get to the elevators. Once upstairs the halls were often full of people and then the room internet didn't work. I called repeadidly to have it fixed -to no avail. The halls remained loud (as they had been on my previous 2 visits) well into the night. So not a restful nights sleep.
My room key wouldn't open my room door twice which meant I had to go and wait downstairs with all the others waiting for ??
The gym had broken equipment -which I was told would be fixed -on my first visit in May, in June it was still broken.
After a while -everything about this hotel became annoying, waiting for the elevators, not being able to work out on site, dealing with the numb staff, having to use the internet in the lobby -because at the time the lounge didn't have wireless working either, being woken up at night by doors slamming or people laughing/screaming. --Bear in mind I spend more than a third of the year on the road.
This hotel really pushed my patience. In the end I checked out of this Hotel a day early and moved down the block to the Conrad. Although the Conrad didn't meet my per diem rate it was well worth the extra $95 to have some peace and to finally sleep.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business