“Great stay!”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #27 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend rented this hotel for our anniversary. I'm really glad he did. We were greeted immediately after arriving by several friendly employees. At the desk, Prince was super helpful and gave is a corner room with a view. Our room was clean, comfortable, and overall very nice. At check out, Prince offered us both a free Starbucks beverage and was super friendly again. This is a great hotel for the price. I've stayed at similarly priced hotels before that were not half as good as the Marriott!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful. The place was spotless. While this is expected and welcome, it's nice to acknowledge.

There were two things that stood out, however. First, after returning from a run the door man offered me a bottle of ice water. While it may not sound like much, this was a nice touch which was much appreciated.

The second happened so fast one could almost miss it. I was sat talking with a friend on one of the lobby sofas. A man sat across from us stood and walked away. Maybe 30 seconds later a young staff lady dressed in black was striding by. She stopped in her tracks to quickly fluff and replaced the sofa cushion he had just vacated before hurrying on. It was a small thing that took maybe two seconds but it made an impression. I don't know if anyone else saw it, but I certainly did.

I'm about the details in hotels and restaurants that speak to the overall quality of a place. Like everything else I experienced there, the details were attended to.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed here for a conference. Very friendly staff who had time to talk and assist. I had a corner room on the 4th floor, the view was not good, but I was not there for the view. I had hot water anytime I turned on the faucets with good water pressure. Even though they said they were at capacity, I would have never know it. It seemed like I was the only person ever in the hallways on my floor. I could not hear anyone around me. The location was in walking distance of the mall and restaurants. The food at the conference was very good. Did not have a lot of extra time to do site seeing, but there were museums, walking paths, bicycles you could rent, and the zoo all close by. The ArtsGarden restaurant was cool. Would probably have not stayed there if it was not for the conference as the rooms I thought were a little high priced. Overall good stay.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Generally satisfied with room and service; fairly typical Marriott experience. Good location near Eiteljorge and other museums and downtown restaurants. My only complaint was the $15 wifi-in- room charge (free in lobby) and expensive parking $35 per night for which I reduced the rating. That is an extra $50 per night so it MAY be possible to find a comparable hotel for less that includes these charges.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
David K, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

1Rahhalatun
Thank you very much for your comments on your most recent stay with us. We will review your valuable comments on the internet and parking fee and apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. We look forward to hosting your next visit to Indy in the very near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We will be checking out in the morning and everything has been wonderful. the only complaint I have is the pool area. The flooring is terrible as it's way too slippery... my 2 year old fell numerous times... husband almost fell once and it just makes me wonder how many people have been injured here. also, around the edges of the pool there is rust and it is just dirty... and the hottub filters are disgusting.... the pool has a Funny smell to it while in it... my 2 year old loves to swim and regardless of these issues we still utilized these facilities... although I was grossed out on each occasion. having said that the fitness center is awesome!! great equipment, just lovely with apples and cold water available as a nice touch. we needed a microwave ( for toddlers milk) and they have one in their laundry room.., which was awesome! large with a tv so if you have laundry to do (we didn't) you would be comfortable.
every single person on the staff that we encountered was ffriendly and helpful.. thank you for a wonderful stay...Priceline gave us same rate for 2 nights that their website had for one night...name your own price.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed here for a recent conference at the Convention Center (ICC) and if you're looking for a location convenient to the downtown, this offers good value, especially if you can get a discounted rate. The ICC is right across the street and also available via a skywalk and you can stroll to nearby museums, shopping galleria, baseball stadium (you may hear noises from here). The staff was very pleasant. The food options are limited but reasonably healthy and you can easily walk to other places. Some things for the hotel to work on: include free wireless in the rooms (not just the lobby), the towels were looking a little frayed, and provide night table lamps with plugs for our mobile devices.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We recently had one of our annual conventions at this great property right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. I was very pleased with the service our group received and the friendliness of the staff. Nice touches like the valet handing out cold waters to our group as we returned from running one morning. I found the location to be very convenient to shopping, restaurants and the state capital. While we did not use the convention center, it was directly across from the hotel. The meeting space was nice and the food and beverage were all done well! I particularly enjoyed the view from my room of the State Capital building.

Room Tip: Request a view of the state Capital building.