“Great staff and rooms”

Ranked #29 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Bellwood, Illinois, United States
“Great staff and rooms”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Drove up and valet came out asked if I was with my group and did I need parking, explained self park cheaper and explained where to park. Parked in underground pkg and while checking in same valet asked if all went well. Check in very nice and very quick. King bed and room is huge. So far everyone so accommodating. Thank you to me meeting group who found this gem. Staring at Lucas field, except colts are out of town. Looking forward to trying restaurants. So far all great

Room Tip: Room 545 last room. I would not want this one because of locale. Opposite end is ice machine, but ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience was excellent! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Phil Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Hollywood, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is the second time staying at the Marriot downtown Indianapolis, not by choice, it is the hotel that hosts an annual conference I attend. The service in the hotel is excellent and all the staff are very friendly and very willing to help. The hotel is beautiful and spacious as are the hotel rooms. My one and only criticism: the hotel walls are very thin and you hear your neighbors. On this last visit, I was up till late at night because my neighbor went on and on on her cellphone! I will admit I am a little difficult when it comes to noise like that, but I figured I would warn you. If you can sleep through noise, then this will not be an issue.
If you are planning a conference or catered affair, this is a wonderful hotel. The conference I attend has about a 1000 attendees and dozens of concurrent sessions and the hotel pulls if off wonderfully. The catered breakfasts and breaks were excellent.
Location is also very good, it is smack in the middle of downtown.

Room Tip: The only reason I grade the rooms as average, are the thin walls between rooms.
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience was very good. I am sorry that you experienced was not excellent. I have reviewed your comments with my operational team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you come to Indianapolis.

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed November 1, 2013

In Indianapolis for a conference held here. Rooms were nice, clean and well furnished. Stayed on a higher floor, so there was a nice view of parks, campus and the JW Marriott tower to the west. Climate control in the room does not offer too many options. Doors close loudly, so you hear all of your neighbors, which is a slight nuisance.

Conference facilities are excellent! Nice rooms, good food service, nice people.

Los Angeles
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Overall the hotel met my needs. Close to most everything you need except Shapiro's Deli which I could take another paragraph to write about. No in room refrigerator which is always nice to have. Starbucks in lobby is very convenient for SB addicts of which I am not. My only was I had to have a car for what I was in town for and the choices were limited. We paid the $35 a night for the valet option. The service was impeccable so in that respect it was worth having. But at that rate it beats most major cities (as to what they charge) I have been to so.......

Virginia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is just a little on the outside of the downtown but within reasonable walking distance from great restaurants.

I stayed here Oct 27-29 on the 18th floor. The hotel is connected to the convention center so if you are coming to a conference during the winter, this would be a great place to stay.

The meeting spaces at the hotel were fantastic and the hotel staff you helped serve the conference were even better.

The best person I ran into at the hotel was Sharron in the concierge lounge on the 18th floor. She was not only extremely friendly, but she was very knowledge on where to go in town and what kind of places we should go to based on what we were looking for.

Small thing that stood out to me also: all public bathrooms on floors 1 and 2 have baby stations.

Room Tip: High floor made for great views.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was scheduled to stay with the Downtown Marriott, but had to cancel my trip the day prior due to a death in the family. Peter, who answered the phone, and his manager Kasey (sorry if misspelled) were very understanding and compassionate helping to make my cancellation process easy and one less thing to worry about. On that alone, I plan to stay there when my trip is rescheduled.

Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

St Louis
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The staff at the Marriott was very friendly, the hotel was clean, and concierge was helpful and friendly. Starbucks in the lobby for the morning wakeup. No fridge in the room. No way to just run the fan on the HVAC system, which I detest. I like the background noise of the fan to drown out the city sounds and the drunks talking very loudly in the hall! Gym was very average. Marriott is very hard to get room upgrades even with Platinum status, this hotel no exception. Great location, easy walking to many restaurants. Nice elevated hall way connecting hotels and convention center.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am sorry that your overall stay and experience was not excellent. I am sorry that you experienced issues with the guest room noise and the quality of the health club. I have reviewed your comments with my operational team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will choose to give us another opportunity and stay with us again the next time you come to Indianapolis.