Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
$193
$189
GardenInn.com
1,099 results
All reviewsconvention centerchampions restaurantcircle cityunder constructionconcierge loungesky bridgelucas oil stadiumparking garagevictory fieldself parkcolts gameper dayking bedbusiness tripbeds were comfortableenjoyed my stayconference
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked this hotel on Priceline before I read the reviews.It turns out the parking is something to the effect of $28 a day and the wifi is a daily charge of $12.

BIG TIP: Park at the Government Center garage next door. If you get a spot on the third floor, you can use the connection from the garage to the hotel or just take an elevator to that level. Grand total for parking for a day of football and leaving the next day by noon: $15. The hotel's parking plan can get bent.

That said, the staff was very friendly and the room was comfortable. The beds were comfy and the room was very clean. We were never able to get the air conditioning cool enough in the room, however, but it was a minor issue.

The two hotel bars are very popular on game days, so be prepared to wait or get there early. "Champions" was very good to us and has a good sports bar atmosphere if that appeals to you. We couldn't get in at the other bar due to a wait.

To be honest, I don't see what makes this a 4-star hotel over a 2-star hotel other than the grandiose stylings of the decor. But I got a good deal, so I couldn't complain. I later saw the rooms going for two and three times the amount on other sites. It pays to shop around.

All that said, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us in downtown Indianapolis and for completing a survey. We enjoy hosting our guests on Colts game weekends in Indy. I am glad you enjoyed the experience and Champions Restaurant before the game.

We try to communicate to all of our guests the options for parking so they can make an educated decision on their needs. I am glad you found a good option for you.

We hope to see you the next time you visit!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stay frequently at the Indianapolis Marriott and have always thoroughly enjoyed my stays. The rooms are great, clean, comfortable. The staff has always been very friendly. I like to have my dinner in their sports bar, Champions when I am there. The food is mediocre but I have always received great service. The service is what keeps me coming back to Champions. I have noticed however lately, in particular on my last 3 stays, that while the restaurant staff is as friendly as always.....the "Supervisor" or "Manager", I'm not sure which, is in need of a serious attitude adjustment. I know his name is "Dave" (I asked!) and overheard him "talking down" to one of the wait staff. It wasn't only what he was saying but the manner in which he said it. This was not on one occasion but several and during different stays. I said something in passing to one of the hosts on my way out and was amazed at the response I received. "Yes, everyone has a problem with him. He's not a very nice man". What? Come on Marriott! I know you can do better than this! This is going to create a trickle down effect. Your friendly staff will no longer be so friendly if they have to continue to be ridiculed by "Dave" in the same way and manner I witnessed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a survey. We appreciate the feedback especially from a guest who is a regular with us.

We have taken your feedback seriously and we use the information to help us coach and improve our staff and management.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. The rooms are you standard fantastic Marriot room: clean, very comfortable beds, nice upgraded bathroom, with enough space and outlets for to chicks to get ready at once. There is s Starbucks in the hotel, which is convenient. The main restaurant in the hotel is nice and was able to accommodate a dinner for me and my plethora of food allergies. both the hotel bar, and the bar at the Champions restaurant are great. Plenty of convention space for whatever you're doing. Besides our gathering, I think there were at least 384 conventions taking place at the same time, but we hardly ever crossed paths and I never felt stifled or cramped. One of the most helpful concierge desks I've ever utilized, as well. Loved Indy, can't wait to go back. Will probably stay here, this hotel is so close to everything. We walked to monument circle, and around downtown at night to various venues without a problem. On that note, Indianapolis is a very polite and clean city. There are panhandlers, but compared to the ones I've encountered in other cities, they aren't that aggressive. I felt safe, with just one or two other friends, walking at night in the city. Was even surprised when I struck up a conversation with a police officer at a Starbucks at monument circle, who the offered to take a picture of me and my friend in front of the fountain. You have to visit Indianapolis, it is beautiful. And this Marriot will be a comfy base camp for your first excursion there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Indy Marriott Downtown. We appreciate you completing a survey. I am happy you enjoyed our hotel and our staff service. We hope you stay with us again the next time you return to Indy!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and got a GREAT rate on priceline for $75 a night. I think that had I paid the regular rate I may have not been as happy. Rooms were nicely appointed but on the small side. Not really a big deal for 2 of us. The water pressure was great but it seemed like the ceiling in the shower was very low and if you were over 6 foot it would be a tight fit. One odd thing was that the water never got cold. So when we wanted a drink of water it was always luke warm. Maid service was lacking for us. We left the first day before 11 and came back about 3 or so and the maid had not been there and went back out at 6 and our room was never serviced. That's not really a big deal for us.

The location is fantastic and connected to the convention center by a covered walkway which you can take to get to the mall which came in handy because it stormed while we were there. The hotel is maybe a 10 minute walk to the museums and canal and there are several monuments nearby.

We got a snack from Champions in the hotel and it was awful. We had nachos and sliders. The nachos had chicken strips that were pre-packaged and heated in the microwave. There was very little cheese on them. The "sliders" were a whole hamburger cut into quarters. I'm not overly picky but Taco Bell has better nachos. For the price it was a huge disappointment.

Parking is expensive there. $30-$35 per night. You can park in the attached public parking garage for $15 a night and then take the covered walkway to the hotel (2nd floor) and walk to the registration desk. Park on the 3rd floor of the garage near 3a and the doorway is right there. It's about a 5 minute walk. If you go out late and take your car, they lock the doors to the hotel after a certain time do you have to walk and enter through the main entrance.

All in all, I would stay there again. It was a nice visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Indy Marriott Downtown. We appreciate you completing a survey. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel experience.

I apologize that your room was not serviced properly by our housekeeping team and that the food quality at Champions was not up to our normal standards. I will share the information from your survey with my management team so we can make improvements.

We hope you stay with us again the next time you return to Indy!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find our connecting rooms had plenty of room for us to relax and spend time as a family. The concierge level was GREAT. Hot breakfast in the morning, snacks during the day, hot appetizers in the evening followed by dessert. You can't beat it! We had a view of the JW and Victory field. The best part was watching the fireworks after the Indians game from the comfort of our room. The gym and equipment were very nice. And there was a laundry for the guests. It is very close to a lot of the downtown attractions, Circle Center Mall, Soldier's and Sailors Monument, State Capital and Convention Center. We were able to walk to all of these attractions as well as a TON of restaurants. We will definitely be staying again!

Room Tip: Traveling with a family? Ask for an executive suite connected to a regular room. You have room to sleep six and a "living area" where you can hang!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am happy you enjoyed our location and the concierge level view and services. We hope you stay with us again the next time you return to Indy!