“The model for business travel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indianapolis Marriott Downtown

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #31 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cancun, Mexico
“The model for business travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Just woke up from a refreshing stay at the Marriott. Once again the Marriott has shown they understand business travellers. Easy check in, comfortable/clean/stylish rooms, meeting rooms, and its great value. Little things like reasonably priced breakfast and free internet are really appreciated. Its been too rainy to wander around town, but the location is also right next to the stadium. My only advice would be to improve the in-room coffee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for completing a survey. I am happy you enjoyed the quality of our property and amenities we provided you during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Phil Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Oolitic, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night before a football game. We were on the 19th floor and the view of the city and capital building was great! The room was nice, and the pillows were comfy. We really had a good time. Also the skywalks and tunnels lead right to the stadium. We never had to go outside in the cold winter. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole B
Thank you for staying with us and for completing a survey. I am happy you enjoyed the location and the hotel views. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a football weekend. Check in was very efficient and hotel staff were very nice. Hotel has a great location, walking distance to most anything in downtown Indianapolis.

Stayed on a concierge level floor which was okay, but the lounge was mostly unattended and didn't have much (I was there Friday and Saturday night...likely different during the week).

Beds are very comfortable and housekeeping is excellent. Food was good at the hotel. Would likely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon!

Phil
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here for one weekend while attending a convention at the Indianapolis Convention Center. We found the hotel to be rather standard. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the TV received several HBO channels. The bathroom was large and the room felt adequately spacious.

We appreciated the ability to walk between the hotel and the convention center without going outside. From the convention center, several other locations could be reached through a series of indoor passageways. Unfortunately, the hot tub was not working during our stay and we found the on-site Starbucks to be rather lacking in food options.

Prior to my trip, we had read about terrible parking prices at the hotel, so we searched for alternatives nearby. We ended up parking in the "World of Wonders" garage about two blocks east of the hotel. This garage only charged us $20 per 24 hours and was much cheaper than the $35 expected for the Marriott parking. It was possible to walk from the World of Wonders garage to the Marriott without ever going outside (via the convention center).

As one final note, we had some issues with housekeeping during our stay. Our room was not serviced at all during our stay. We received messages from the front desk staff stating that this was due to a sign on our door. There was no such sign to be found, so we were unsure of what had happened. There was a strange privacy lever on the door that may have been related to this issue. If you end up staying here, you would be best advised to examine this lever before departing for the day, otherwise you might have to deal with an unkempt room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you found that our hotel's location and quality met your expectations. The parking at the Mall is a good option but keep in mind that there is additional charges if you need to go in and out from the parking garage. I am sorry about housekeeping not cleaing your guest room. Normally, the only reason the room would be not cleaned is if the guest has placed a do not disturb sign out on our door.

We hope you return to stay with us in the future.

Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel was nice, but i have stayed in nicer hotels that didn't have all the extra charges. It was $29 a day to park in their garage. Watch where you park. I had to wait for another car to leave because I was blocked in. They have you squeezed in tight. Don't bother bringing a mobile hot spot because you can't use it in the rooms. They expect you to pay for their internet service. Chips were $4 for a small bag in their "gift shop". Again, the rooms are nice, but I've stayed in other hotels that were just as nice for a lot less. This is Indy, not Vegas.

4 Thank Julie C
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you enjoyed the location of our hotel. I am sorry some of the expenses surprised you. We do offer free WiFi in our lobby and our restaurants for our guests and our pricing for our other services are comparable to the other full service hotels in downtown Indy.

I hope you will choose to return and stay with us for your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was the first time I had ever been to Indianapolis, so I was unsure where to stay. I was traveling for business and I opted to stay in a pretty central location, which is how I wound up at Marriott Indianspolis Downtown. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay.

Coming from Chicago, I was able to drive rather than fly. I arrived on a Sunday evening and left my car with the valet - $35 a night, which is kind of steep in my opinion. After checking in, I had dinner with a colleague at the sportsbar in the lobby (Champions, I think it was called). It was very busy and loud (NFL games were on) but reasonably priced, and I enjoyed the delicious (albeit unhealthy) bar food. There is also another restaurant in the lobby, which looks like a more upscale American cuisine grill. I saw the menu and it looked good, but I didn't have the opportunity to try it.

The room was nice, with all of the ammenities you would expect on a business trip. The room was booked under my boss' name, and he's a Marriott rewards member, so I got to enjoy the perks of being on the floor with the Concierge Lounge (great appetizers in the evening, delicious breakfast in the morning). The king-size bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large. My only two complaints: the room was quite warm at night. I set the thermostat as low as it would go, but it still remained pretty warm. There was also no circulation, so I woke up feeling a little bit suffocated. Also no fan in the bathroom, which is one of my standard pet peeves with hotels. However, everything else was very satisfactory.

The lobby is beautiful and the service was very pleasant. Also, the hotel is within walking distance to some of the great restaurants in downtown Indianapolis. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah Z
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Indy Marriott Downtown. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in Indianapolis. We hope to see you again soon!

Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Downtown Marriott and I was very impressed. There were several valets to greet us, a doorman, employees in the lobby directing and helping guests. The front desk was very friendly and helpful along with everyone else working this weekend. I would recommend the property for family stays, business meetings or the romantic getaway as downtown access is all within walking distance.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor overlooking the baseball stadium, quiet and a pretty view.