“Impeccable Service”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #27 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel was absolutely wonderful - so much so that I contacted Marriott directly to let them know what a great property they have in Indy. As stated elsewhere, the service is impeccable. The entire staff plays a gracious host, and goes out of their way to ensure your stay is wonderful. It seems like the entire lobby greets you upon arrival, and wishes you a good day as you leave each time, and not in a disingenuous way. The concierge lounge staff was also wonderful - so friendly, and ready to engage you in conversation (or not, if that's not your cup of tea).

The rooms are spotless, and average size, but the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious, with plenty of counter space for your travel items. The concierge lounge has a great breakfast (both hot and cold items), as well as a yummy desserts and hearty cocktail hour snacks (you can easily make a proper dinner out of them). I didn't eat in the restaurants on-site, but they seem to be popular outside of hotel guests, so I imagine they are at least decent.

Finally, the location is great. Nearly everything is within a 5 minute walk, either indoor or outdoor.

I can't recommend this property enough. Marriott has absolutely got it right with the Marriott Indianapolis Downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers face the capitol building.
3  Thank Eknels
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you fro staying with us and we are hppy your experience was excellent! I am happy you enjoyed our staff service.

There are newer reviews for Indianapolis Marriott Downtown

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I must admit the hotel is in great shape and the location is very good. The thing that angered me was that I had to pay $56 to park my car for 24 hours (not including Valet tips). We were in Indy to watch the Colts game and decided to spend the extra money to use the Valet parking and were told the cost was $35. My wife called the front desk and asked if we could leave our car until the game concluded and they said, "Yes, that is no problem at all". We then had our car brought around so we could put our belongings in before check out. Again, I asked the Valet if it was ok to leave our vehicle until the game was over, and again he simply replied "yes, no problem". When we returned, they asked how I wanted to pay the extra $21 for extended parking. They had TWO OPPORTUNITIES to inform us that there would be an additional parking charge! I thought this was VERY DECEPTIVE! If you include the tips I gave to the Valet I paid $63 TO PARK FOR 24 HOURS! I am not a negative person and write many more positive reviews than negative.

Room Tip: Do not use the hotel parking. Ask a lot of questions if you think there may be a charge involved bec...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RDriver

Thank you for staying with us at the Indy Marriott Hotel. I apologize for the poor communication by our valet staff regarding our parking rates and the cost to extend your stay. I know we were able to contact you directly to correct the misunderstanding.

We appreciate your business and thank you for bringing your problem to our attention.

We hope to see you again the next time you come back to Indianapolis.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. The rooms are updated and clean. They aren't huge...but they are very nice. The hotel is attached to downtown shopping via skywalk (and a short inside walk). Breakfast buffet in the hotel was great! The staff was very friendly as well. Parking is $35 a day for valet. I booked my room on Priceline and got a great rate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you fro staying with us and we are happy your experience was excellent! I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and our staff service.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is in the heart of the city. Lots of places to walk to for food and drink. This was my first stay at this Marriott. I was not disappointed. My room was big, the bed was awesome. The staff were spot on. Could not walk anywhere without them saying hello, good day, or how are you. This place must have good mgt. If you have the opportunity to be on the concierge floor, its worth it. You get lots of snacks and drinks. Breakfast will filling. I would recommend this place for a business trip or for family. Some of the restaurants i visited were: PF Changs, Webber Grill, and Ruth Chris. All within walking dist. I did a tripadvisor on each of the restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you fro staying with us and we are happy your experience was excellent! I am happy you enjoyed our staff and the location of our hotel.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed every moment. Delivers all the functionality that you need in the usual Marriott way of doing things. Plus lovely staff that really seems to enjoy what they do. Especially the team in the bar and restaurant went out of their way to make this a great stay for me . Thank you!
The Internet connection in the room could do with an upgrade it was slow and unreliable.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you fro staying with us and we are happy your experience was excellent! I appreciate your nice comments about our staff and especially our F&B staff.

I apologize about your poor internet experience and we will investigate to make sure everything is now working properly.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The staff at this hotel is excellent. But the systems need attention from management. The internet connection is sooooo sloooooow as well as expensive it wasn't really possible to use it for work (i had to switch to my own mobile broadband which, of course, costs me)

I spent 20 minutes following the directions in the in-room notebook to print a file. When i went downstairs to pick it up, I was told "oh that's outdated - you need to use this different process now" ... The "new" process didn't work either. However, the person at the desk very graciously printed my file for me.

I tried to order something from the menu in the in-room hotel guide and was told they didn't have THAT but they had something else (which arrived luke warm). In the notebook it listed the service charge as $2.50 but when i got the order it said the service charge was $5.00 ... When i asked about it they said the book "must be out of date." AND, they graciously took the charge off my bill. However, the staff said they didn't know what was in the in-room information and that it was probably all now out of date.

The clock in my room had not been changed from daylight savings time and I couldn't figure out how to change it myself so asked if they could do it for me. Never happened.

AND, the soda machine on this floor is broken.

Room Tip: Bring your own internet access tools.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you fro staying with us and I apologize for some of the negative experiences you encountered.

I will investigate the poor internet service, the outdated room service dirrectory and the clock that is suppose to automatically change time on daylight savings time weekend.

Please feel free to contact me directly. My phone number is 317-405-6040.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is five stars. has a wonderful house keeping Team. All services available. The only disadvantage theyhave is the internet connection. very slow and inconsistent. Many times is not available or just on and off.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floorsto get a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you fro staying with us and we are happy your experience was excellent! I am happy you enjoyed the staff service from our housekeeping team!