“22nd Anniversary Weekend”

Ranked #29 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Toledo, Ohio
“22nd Anniversary Weekend”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Whenever we go away I always research my options as much as possible. I read as many reviews on many different travel sites as I possibly could. I also read 2 travel books. Our main goal for this trip was to do as much in the downtown area as we could in 1 1/2 days. I chose the Marriott downtown for its location. The hotel was very nice, but definitely overpriced. Also, we reserved a king bed but were given a dbl room. When I asked I was told that a king bed was a request, not a guarantee. Of course, my confirmation stated right on it that I had reserved a king room and that it was guaranteed. When I again expressed my displeasure, they offered us the hospitality suite for $30 more a night. No thank you! They also offered to switch us to a king room for the second night but we declined as we were already settled into the 1st room. Was the wrong room-type a big deal? Not really, but one of the reasons I chose this hotel was based on the king-size bed. Overall it was a nice hotel. Other than the woman who checked us in upon arrival, I would rate all of the employees excellent - especially the bartender/waitress in the sports bar (Champions, I think) and the valet employees were wonderful! Parking was very expensive, but it was at all of the hotels in the downtown area. Our location was fine, but if I were to go again, I would either choose one of the hotels a little closer to the middle of downtown, or one of the cheaper Marriott brand hotels closer to the park. Definitely with children in tow I would choose one of the cheaper Marriott brand hotels near the park. (Some included breakfast.) All were within walking distance of both the downtown night life, restaurants, bars and the park. Over all, Indy was a wonderful, safe town with plenty to do for couples and/or families. (Couple of fun things to do - don't miss the museum below the Soldiers and Sailors monument and be sure to check out the Indy 500 museum. When we were there we were able to walk the track. Also, ask about free things to do - we saw the Romantics and the Plain White T's while we were there!)

Room Tip: Don't go through AAA ! Book room yourself to guarantee you get the room type you want.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay. The date you stayed with us we were busy and I am sorry we could not accommodate your room request. Our goal is to accommodate all guest room type requests, but unfortunately we are not always able to do so. I am happy the rest of our staff exceeded your expectations..

We hope to see you return soon.

Phil Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were clean, the circle city resturant was delicious. However, we had trouble regulating the air. It was hot, then cold, then hot. And most of all the pillows were terrible. They have a plastic lining under the pillow case, which im sure was for santitary reasons, but it made our heads hot. They weren't very comfortable. We stayed there to see a night game at Victory field. It was only a couple blocks away. Nice location for sports events. We will probably stay there again, but will bring our own pillows.

Room Tip: we booked a king room. When we got there we were given a double queen. We went back to tell them we...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy you enjoyed your stay and our location for the Indian's game at Victory Field. I am sorry the pillows in your guest room did not meet your expectations.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Michigan
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from staying at the downtown Marriott for my husband's convention. Our room was very clean, bed was comfy and furnished with desk area, chair and ottoman. I reallynwish the room had a refrigerator and a fan in the bathroom.

I used the gym area daily. It had nice machines(treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals). There were also free weights, weight machine, exercise balls and a scale. Also a water cooler and complimentary apples.

Check in went quickly, but I wish they would have told us that there were no luggage carts available in the parking garage. It would have made transporting our luggage from the garage, through the lobby and to our room much easier.

Location was perfect. We used the crosswalk to the convention center. It was nice when it rained to walk all the way to the mall without going outside. A few blocks in the other direction was a state park, where I took a long walk along the river. The park offered Segway tours, bike rentals, paddle boats, and a zoo. We were very happy with our stay.

Stayed April 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you enjoyed your experience with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I along with friends stayed here in October last year for a convention.... We had a great stay... It was our first time staying in Indianapolis and found the proximity of the hotel to the stores/mall great.... Overall everyone enjoyed their stay....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy your experience was excellent and you enjoyed Indianapolis.

We hope you return to Indy and stay with us again.

Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We drove in late at night and had no problems checking in. The staff at hotel were great, concierge even nicer! Great lobby area and close to everything. Nice shopping area/Circle Center within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you enjoyed the experience and the concierge lounge too! We hope to see you back again soon!
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a block of rooms for a trade show in Indy and had stayed at the Courtyard the year before. There were high hoped of getting into the new JW - but they were sold out. To give us a change, I requested rooms at the full service Marriott. It was what you would expect. Nice lobby, nice rooms, Starbucks in the hotel.
What I was more impressed with was the suite on the 18th floor. They had a nice little happy hour up there...but the breakfast was nicer than I remembered.
Everything was walking distance. Really nice area. Marriott treated us well and we will be back!

Room Tip: Without asking, I got the corner room. The set up was unusual with the "hallway" but it d...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I am happy you enjoyed the stay and our staff. The concierge is an excellent amenity and adds to the experience! We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in Indy!
Cincinnati Oh
Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We just got back from our Anniversary weekend in Indianapolis. We were also celebrating my best friends Birthday. I called the Marriott the week before we arrived to request connecting rooms and also asked for a good view or good rooms. The guy I talked to (I wish I had his name) worked very hard to find us some good rooms. We scored the hospitality suite for no extra charge with our friends in a connecting room. It was so awesome to have a living room for us all to relax in with our room. It pays to be a Marriott reward member even if you don't have enough points to get a free room. The hotel overall was very nice and our friends and I think we "scored" an excellent deal for an excellent weekend.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Destindreammer
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for your anniversary weekend. I am happy we could accommodate you with the connecting room to a hospitality suite. We enjoy helping our reward members and those who are celebrating special occasions. We hope to see you again soon!