“Another outstanding stay!!!”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #27 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is my second time staying at the Downtown Marriott. I thought perhaps since the JW had opened, that this hotel would suffer in quality. Boy was I wrong! From the moment we pulled up to the valet to the time valet returned out car we had nothing but great Hoosier Hospitality! Everyone was extremely friendly and willing to do whatever it took to make our stay above average. There was a large H.S. band competition and when we requested a room away from the kids, no problem. We were put on the Concierge Floor in a smallish but very comfortable corner king room. Breakfast and Internet access was excellent in the Concierge Room. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, hot & cold cereals, eggs, meat, waffles, yogurt, & great muffins. We had the best sleep we've had away from home in a long time--quiet room and extremely comfortable bed. Yes, parking was pricey, but I think the safety is worth it. Great location and walked everywhere we wanted to go. We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janice1978

Reviewed October 31, 2011

From the airport we took a taxi to JW Marriott. Turned out to be the wrong Marriott!!! There seem to be 3 Marriotts all close together. It is easy to get them confused!! After realizing our mistake! No one had our name!! We were directed across the street, which we walked, to the Downtown Marriott. They share a parking garage and a connecting skywalk. There is also a Courtyard Marriott nearby. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The staff very helpful and friendly. Elevators were fast, not much waiting! The rooms clean and comfortable and the food in all of the reataurants was amazingly good. It was cold and rainy so we didn`t want to go out looking for food. They also have a very good Starbucks in the lobby!! We loved that. We did have a good experience there and look forward to returning next year!!

Room Tip: Be sure you are at the correct Marriott!!! There seem to be 3 of them, all nearby!!
Reviewed October 20, 2011

It was a great hotel but lack of free wi fi when most of the hotels surrounding you have it. heck most of the reasturants surrounding it has it. then the television was confusing to use when you hook up the ps3 then when you did we were limitied at how loud it could go. however if these things are not important for you then yeah it was a wonderfull stay. just a shame another hotel blocked the view of the city. it probably had wifi lol

Room Tip: try to find a room with a view of the city. and be prepared to pay for your wifi
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

I am happy you enjoyed your stay overall with the exception of the WiFi charges. We do provide free WiFi in our public spaces like the lobby and restaurants, however we do charge in the guest rooms. This is similar to the ohter full service hotels in our downtown market. We will continue to monitor our market and evaluate the pricing on our WiFi.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown and we hope to see you return again soon.

Phil Ray

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed at the Downtown Marriott during a convention October 13 through 16. The close proximity to the Convention Center, the enclosed skywalks and the easy access to the nearby mall were all wonderful. In addition the room was terrific. It was a good size with a large bathroom and offered a fridge. The bed was extremely comfortable. The service was A1. We had no complaints and would love another opportunity to stay at this fine establishment.

It was particularly helpful to leave the hotel at 5 am and find the promised 24/7 taxi line in place and fully operational. Good job Marriott!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner location with a good view.
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was one of the organizers of a midwest chapter meeting of librarians that was held at this
hotel last weekend and I could not be more impressed. The facilities were very nice. Lovely
meeting rooms, good food, very nice guest rooms. The staff worked so hard to make
everything ran smoothly for our meeting, adding last minute electrical lines, hunting down
missing packages for our exhibitors, etc. A phone in every meeting room that allows you
instant access to a human when there is a need. I was truly impressed. Even the
valet parking attendants were so helpful, giving me directions and even a bottle of cold
water for my ride home! that is great service. I highly recommend this hotel for business
travelers to Indy. Also, a great location with lots of good restaurants and the convention
center and stadium very nearby!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

When we decided at the last minute to take a nice romantic weekend trip to indianapolis, I expected to pay a little bit more...however to end up paying 270 per night ONLY to discover that our deluxe king room is a tiny room with 2 double beds!! Upon speaking to the front desk I was told sorry, no more rooms. There are so many other choices in downtown Indy, so choosing a Marriott, I thought would be a good choice. I was wrong.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerri B
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

I am so sorry we disapointed you for your romantic escape stay at the Indy Marriott. We try to accomodate all of our guests with the room type they prefer, however in sold out situations it is difficult to be 100%. I am sorry the staff were not able to properly assist you.

I hope you will give us another try. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation to ensure the next visit goes perfect.

Phil Ray
317-405-6040

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Stayed 3 nights for a conference. The room was comfortable and clean. It was fairly quiet but not soundproof as the hotel website advertises. Parking was expensive and wifi was not free, which was shocking to me. Since when is wifi not free in a hotel?!? Folks did seem to go out of their way to make sure all needs were met. I'd rather have internet access in my room and forego all the extra people standing around waiting to "serve" me. Even the business center had a fee to use!

Room Tip: Hotel is connected via skywalk to convention center and Circle City Mall.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business