“Great service!”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #27 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was one of the organizers of a midwest chapter meeting of librarians that was held at this
hotel last weekend and I could not be more impressed. The facilities were very nice. Lovely
meeting rooms, good food, very nice guest rooms. The staff worked so hard to make
everything ran smoothly for our meeting, adding last minute electrical lines, hunting down
missing packages for our exhibitors, etc. A phone in every meeting room that allows you
instant access to a human when there is a need. I was truly impressed. Even the
valet parking attendants were so helpful, giving me directions and even a bottle of cold
water for my ride home! that is great service. I highly recommend this hotel for business
travelers to Indy. Also, a great location with lots of good restaurants and the convention
center and stadium very nearby!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2011

When we decided at the last minute to take a nice romantic weekend trip to indianapolis, I expected to pay a little bit more...however to end up paying 270 per night ONLY to discover that our deluxe king room is a tiny room with 2 double beds!! Upon speaking to the front desk I was told sorry, no more rooms. There are so many other choices in downtown Indy, so choosing a Marriott, I thought would be a good choice. I was wrong.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerri B
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

I am so sorry we disapointed you for your romantic escape stay at the Indy Marriott. We try to accomodate all of our guests with the room type they prefer, however in sold out situations it is difficult to be 100%. I am sorry the staff were not able to properly assist you.

I hope you will give us another try. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation to ensure the next visit goes perfect.

Phil Ray
317-405-6040

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Stayed 3 nights for a conference. The room was comfortable and clean. It was fairly quiet but not soundproof as the hotel website advertises. Parking was expensive and wifi was not free, which was shocking to me. Since when is wifi not free in a hotel?!? Folks did seem to go out of their way to make sure all needs were met. I'd rather have internet access in my room and forego all the extra people standing around waiting to "serve" me. Even the business center had a fee to use!

Room Tip: Hotel is connected via skywalk to convention center and Circle City Mall.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank halekat
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Came down on a Sunday for business expecting to leave on Tuesday morning. Came down with a VERY bad case of Strep on Monday morning. They extended my stay for an additional night at the same rate I was paying even though current rates on Expeidia were almost $100 per night more. When I called down to the front desk and asked if someone could please get me some nyquil from the little store. They came to the door with the nyquil and a bowl of Chicken soup with saltines. Seriously what hotel staff has the simple kindness to think ahead and bring someone who feels miserable something that will make them feel better? Everyone I talked to was so kind and considerate. The sweet lady that brought up my room service for lunch told me her hours and to call down and ask for anything that I could think of that would help and she would take care of me. Made me feel like I had an extra mom in the hotel (and I am well past 35 and a very frequent traveler). Thanks to the Marriott hotel staff.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Mavenhawk
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and one-year old and I came for a weekend in Indy. The location of this hotel is fairly accesible to activities in downtown; our room overlooked the baseball stadium. Parking is expensive at the hotel and surrounding areas. I found a meter, (Indy's meters take credit cards!) paid for 4 hours, and my Saturday night/sunday morning parking was free. Bargain! The room was okay- the bathroom tub had rust stains and was very slippery. The bedding was nice and comfortable. I read on TravelAdvisor about a great donut shop and the front desk staff were very helpful in giving me directions. Overall, my stay was okay, but there are better choices in Indy.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recent stayed at this hotel for several days while on business. i found the hotel to be in good condition with modern amenities through the rooms seemed to show some wear. I managed to squeeze in a work out and the gym is above average in the amount of treadmills available and the type of equipment that can be accessed. It is similar (albeit much smaller) version of my gym back home. Service was very good and I was appreciative of one staff member who was kind enough to fill my travel mug with coffee for my drive back. A few criticisms I had were the cost of the parking and the charge for internet services. Yes I understand a business needs to make money but do you really need to charge for both? (at least charge half price for internet access) Overall I would recommend this as a good place to stay if you are in the Indy area.

p.s. If you are planning on seeing a Colts game this is the place to stay as it connects directly with the stadium.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is not my first stay at the Downtown Marriott and it will not be my last. The hotel staff was beyond excellent. The room, though small was well appointed and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and had plenty of pillows. My only complaint is that there was only free wi-fi in the lobby, however the staff assured me that they were working to get wi-fi in every room and this should be done by 2012.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends