“Courteous, pleasant and clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis East
Ranked #66 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Minneapolis, MN
“Courteous, pleasant and clean”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed at this Fairfield for 3 weeks during a recent work assignment in Indianapolis. The hotel is clean and updated - very similar to many Fairfields where I've stayed.

The front desk team is incredibly helpful and courteous. I was always greeted with a friendly tone and was treated well during my stay.

The area around the hotel is a bit "dodgy" - but the Fairfield parking lot and entrance are located a good distance from the main road - so I felt somewhat protected from the surrounding neighborhood. The lighting in the parking lot is good, and there are always security people watching the property. Due to work requirements, I often returned to the hotel after midnight, and never felt uneasy walking in the parking lot alone. (I am female and was staying there alone.)

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, comfortable, clean property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
North Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We used the Fairfield East for our family to stay from Alaska and New Jersey, to attend our Aunt's 80th birthday party. I blocked 10 rooms with Debbie Matthews and from day one we were given the most outstanding service and consideration.

Our rooms were located on the 2nd and 3rd floors facing the Marriott parking lot. Not much of a view, but I think the other side was worse. Some of us checked in on thursday -the rest on friday. Some stayed 3 nights- some one week. Regardless of length we were given the negotiated rate which was only quoted for friday to monday. The rooms themselves were clean. The only complaint I can give on the room is the air cond/heater. It blows directly on the person in the bed closest to it and is VERY loud. Had to turn up the TV everytime it came on. The free internet was great- hooked up my laptop and surfed all weekend in my room. Of course you could still go downstairs and use the area with their computers and printers. The bath tub was a little weird- didnt really feel secure in my footing- tub had a curving to it, so be careful.

They didnt have any meeting rooms at this facility, so they allowed us to use the lobby area to kind of hang out as a family, that was awesome. The kids LOVED the pool. Too much chlorine for me, as soon as you walk into the area it burns your eyes..not good. Everyone that used the pool and the whirlpool enjoyed it.

I found the breakfast options accommodating for our needs, there is a Bob Evans right behind the hotel if you desire more. There was also a fast food chain at the corner - cant remember what is was - I think it was Burger King- didnt use it.

I found staff VERY professional and friendly - from the front desk to maintenance. Erin, Natalie (front Desk) and Dawn (maintenance) made me feel very comfortable and always had a smile. They each took the time to hold a conversation and were always extremely pleasant.

I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get an odd numbered room to view Marriot side and not the highway. Stay away from ice machine...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Toni P
Indiana
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We only stayed for one night and we were only in the room to sleep. The room was big enough for our family of 5 and nicely decorated. It was also very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed May 8, 2012

While the outside shows the age of the hotel, since the Super Bowl was in town 5 months ago, they had done a complete update of the rooms. Very nice and clean rooms. I bought this room through Priceline.com. I bid the Eastside of Indy for 2.5-3 start hotels at $60 I think. With tax it was $75. Great price for a great room. It also next door to the Marriott East hotel and convention center which is the location of the conference I attended. Lucky me!!! I thought the morning breakfast was just fine and displayed nicely. If was a little cramped for 3-4 people to access food but not a big deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Marion, Ohio
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed one night. King bed
Pros
room was clean
easy to find
breakfast was very average- make your own waffle....had some egg sandwiches that you could nuke..cereal....bagels.....
pool was warm and water looked clean
whirlpool was hot and clean

Cons
Our room was on the end across the hall from the noisiest ice machine I have ever heard sounded a plane taking off
we were on the side of the hotel facing the highway a lot of noise

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tig2811
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel may not be that fancy but it is very clean. Most of the rooms have just been redone. I have been staying here for 7 years, several times a year.
I find the employees friendly. Breakfast is just right for for me, more than I need in the morning. They have cereal and oatmeal packages, waffles, boiled eggs, an assortment of toast and bagels etc., cheese, cheese biscuit sandwiches, yogurts etc. There is a pool that I don't use.

I like it a lot. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in that area of Indianapolis.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Commerce Township, MI
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We were in town for a week, for a family funeral. We often choose Marriott properties, and so booked the Fairfield for the first 5 days of the trip (since they didn't have the full week available.) The room was clean, and the front desk helpful, but...the layout of the king suite room was very awkward, and the decor was mid-70's. The Heat/AC was configured so that it blew almost directly onto the bed, and was noisy. The breakfast area layout was very strange, so everyone was always in everyone else's way. The breakfast had several offerings, but....prewrapped sandwiches, stale english muffins, bad coffee...not good at all. And...the attendant started locking up the breakfast items at least 10 minutes before the breakfast time was over. We spent the next two nights in a king suite at the Holiday Inn Express within sight of this hotel, and..for less money, had a clean, modern, well appointed room with a very thoughful, functional layout. And...their breakfast included fresh scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls. I'm afraid I've stayed in my last Fairfield.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple