“Nice hotel”

Ranked #65 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indiana
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We only stayed for one night and we were only in the room to sleep. The room was big enough for our family of 5 and nicely decorated. It was also very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed May 8, 2012

While the outside shows the age of the hotel, since the Super Bowl was in town 5 months ago, they had done a complete update of the rooms. Very nice and clean rooms. I bought this room through Priceline.com. I bid the Eastside of Indy for 2.5-3 start hotels at $60 I think. With tax it was $75. Great price for a great room. It also next door to the Marriott East hotel and convention center which is the location of the conference I attended. Lucky me!!! I thought the morning breakfast was just fine and displayed nicely. If was a little cramped for 3-4 people to access food but not a big deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Marion, Ohio
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed one night. King bed
Pros
room was clean
easy to find
breakfast was very average- make your own waffle....had some egg sandwiches that you could nuke..cereal....bagels.....
pool was warm and water looked clean
whirlpool was hot and clean

Cons
Our room was on the end across the hall from the noisiest ice machine I have ever heard sounded a plane taking off
we were on the side of the hotel facing the highway a lot of noise

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tig2811
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel may not be that fancy but it is very clean. Most of the rooms have just been redone. I have been staying here for 7 years, several times a year.
I find the employees friendly. Breakfast is just right for for me, more than I need in the morning. They have cereal and oatmeal packages, waffles, boiled eggs, an assortment of toast and bagels etc., cheese, cheese biscuit sandwiches, yogurts etc. There is a pool that I don't use.

I like it a lot. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in that area of Indianapolis.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Commerce Township, MI
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We were in town for a week, for a family funeral. We often choose Marriott properties, and so booked the Fairfield for the first 5 days of the trip (since they didn't have the full week available.) The room was clean, and the front desk helpful, but...the layout of the king suite room was very awkward, and the decor was mid-70's. The Heat/AC was configured so that it blew almost directly onto the bed, and was noisy. The breakfast area layout was very strange, so everyone was always in everyone else's way. The breakfast had several offerings, but....prewrapped sandwiches, stale english muffins, bad coffee...not good at all. And...the attendant started locking up the breakfast items at least 10 minutes before the breakfast time was over. We spent the next two nights in a king suite at the Holiday Inn Express within sight of this hotel, and..for less money, had a clean, modern, well appointed room with a very thoughful, functional layout. And...their breakfast included fresh scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls. I'm afraid I've stayed in my last Fairfield.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChevyCamaro
IL
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The hotel was clean, newer and had an above average breakfast for this chain. Unfortunatley the staff were unengaged, less than friendly and not well trained, all a reflection on the management of the hotel. Upon check-in, with a less than friendly front desk agent, we were given 2 rooms (a room apart from each other) and told that one of our rooms may not be clean. Who hands out dirty rooms? When we went to the room it was apparent someone had been smoking in it and there was a ozone machine still in the room. We went to the desk to ask for another room and were given the room that originally seperated our two rooms (which were adjoining). Why weren't we given these to begin with? At check out there was an adjustment on our bill and during the process the Front Office Supervisor did not say ONE word to us. No how are you, thank you or sorry. In fact the most pleasureable employee we came across was the housekeeping staff! A definite service disaster!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tldasa
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Recently stayed here for 4 nights. I usually book in the Hilton chain; this was my first time at a Fairfield Inn.

The positives: a clean hotel with comfortable beds. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful.

The negatives: I wasn't impressed with the continental breakfast buffet. For hot entrees, you could make a waffle or microwave a refrigerated breakfast sandwich. They also offered cereals, muffins, yogurt, and fruit cups. Hours were 6 to 9 and seating was limited. One day the card that opens the door did not work; the staff responded this happens often - no big deal, but a slight inconvenience. You could hear everything that went on outside your door in the hallways, although I didn't hear any noise from adjoining rooms, to be fair. The cooling system is loud when it kicks in. I was constantly adjusting the television volume to accommodate for the noise. Twice there was no place to park - all spaces were occupied by cars attending a tournament at the Marriott next door.

Now these things I don't hold against the hotel, but although it was supposed to be non-smoking, someone in the room next to me was obviously smoking at regular intervals and the smell traveled through the vents to my room - yuck. Young kids also seemed to endlessly play in the hallways without adult supervision. I did not complain about these things, so I do not know how the hotel management might have responded.

On the big ticket items - clean and comfortable - the hotel succeeds. But on my next trip to Indianapolis, I will try another place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business