“Great Stay”

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Fishers
Ranked #77 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 12, 2008

I stayed here a few weeks back, but thought I should write on it......I had a great time at this hotel. The rooms were modern and spectacular. I felt right at home. I will try to stay at a staybridge suites whenever i can now, and I travel A LOT.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank prestomac
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Fishers

Reviewed April 29, 2008

We stayed for 5 days in a king one bedroom suite. The room was very comfortable and clean. My husband and I were in Indy with my 10 yrs old grandson to visit friends so a separate room for us was a necessity.

The Good:

Check in was easy and fast. The desk staff was always helpful and greeted us every time we walked by. They twice came to our rescue with a small screwdriver for my grandson’s lighted goggles, and a great pizza place that would deliver when I couldn't find one late one night. The desk staff also gave us directions and ideas of things to do with our grandson, which made for a great visit between visiting friends.

Having 2 TV's in the suite was a godsend for all of us. The pool was great and enjoyed by both my husband and grandson. I loved the free computer access and coffee.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful and had a nice selection of food everyday. Even my grandson found something he like each morning. I loved the Berry Waffles and the French Toast. The staff was always filling up things so no matter what time we came down during breakfast hours there was always fresh food for us.

Free laundry was a blessing being there for so long. Also having an icemaker in the freezer came in helpful when I wasn't feeling well one night. Not having to wander the hall looking for the ice machine was a blessing. We turned on the icemaker and in a few minutes had all the ice I needed. We also filled a cooler to take left over food home when we left.

The sleeper sofa was very comfortable for my grandson. There were extra pillows, a blanket, and linens in the closet for it so we didn’t need to call the desk for them. The king size bed was soft had a verity of pillows to choose from, the comforter and sheets were clean, soft and great quality.

The Bad:

There was only a VCR player in the room, no DVD player. Good thing we had the car DVD player for our grandson.

No oven, just a very small toaster oven that doesn’t fit a regular size pizza, which is necessary when traveling with a child.

The air condition unit was in the bedroom it was loud and hard to regulate. Traffic from the hwy was loud too. Good thing we live close to a hwy and so the noise was just like home and I brought earplugs.

Seating in the breakfast area was limited. Tables were not washed off regularly. Some guest would leave things on the table. If you wanted to sit, there you needed to bus your own table.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank indytrip08
Reviewed October 19, 2007

So, we selected this hotel based on the "pet friendly" designation, and the always helpful reviews listed on this site. We booked through
their website and had an easy check-in. At the last minute, we found someone to watch our pets and considered cancelling our reservation in order to stay elsewhere, but decided to try it out, and we weren't
disappointed. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was excellent. We had no complaints, and despite our initial reservations concerning booking an "extended stay" hotel (which conjured images of people drying laundry from clotheslines across balconies and unsupervised children throwing rocks at cars in the parking lot), the hotel was among the nicest, cleanest, and conveniently located hotels we've stayed in.

The high points? The breakfast selection was changed subtly each morning. Jimmy Buffet's burger joint is next door, and has good bar food and is open late. Easy access to the freeway. A stocked business
center. Free high speed internet in the room. An apartment- sized fridge with an icemaker, and a full size microwave- so you can have your scotch over ice and warm up your leftovers from the burger place next door at 3 am if you want.

We will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johninchicago
Reviewed June 7, 2007

Hello! I just wanted to express how much we enjoyed staying at the Staybridge Suites in Fishers, IN. We were there watching my son at the NCAA Division III Mens Golf Championship. My parents were there with me and we were thrilled with the living arrangements in having the 2 bedrooms and a living room/kitchen accommodations. It made our stay for the week very comfortable and the costs were similar to any other hotel and having 2 rooms---but this was so much better. The computer room with 3 computers available was amazing and the complimentary washer & dryers were a plus!!! The breakfasts were amazing and so much better than the usual complimentary breakfast you get at most hotels. The selections were different each day and very tasty!!!! One special thanks to Wayne at the front desk who was exceptionally cheerful and very helpful to us!!!

Thanks again for making our visit to Indiana a great one!!! We are definitely staying at Staybridge Suites in our future travels!!!! Hopefully more will be available in the U.S.!!

3  Thank Hammer8106
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Stayed here for a week with the main purpose of our visit being the Indy 500. Chose the hotel based on previous reviews.

First the positives -

The hotel location is good, accessible to main routes
A number of good restaurants nearby.
Breakfast is reasonably good with decent selection of food
Fully equipped kitchen in each suite
Business services, inc internet were not busy and could be easily accessed.
Laundry machines were free of charge

Unfortunately this was offset by a number of negatives -

We booked, and paid for, a king size suite. There is no way it was a king size bed. Reception staff insisted it was, stating maybe it seems small but it's king size. I asked to view another room to confirm but this request was refused, claiming the hotel was full and would be throughout our stay.

There was no table and chairs to use for dining in the room. This enquiry was greeted with a suggestion that we sit on the sofa and use the coffee table. Apparently not all rooms have a dining table? - What's the point of a fully equipped kitchen if ou have to sit at the coffee table or the workstation desk?

On Saturday and Sunday mornings staff seemed unable to cope with the numbers of people of breakfast. Basic items such as milk were not being replenished quickly.

Standard housekeeping is bed making, trash removal and towel replenishment Monday to Friday, any other cleaning such as vacuuming, bathroom cleaning is only done on a weekly basis.
Upon check in I was informed that weekend standard housekeeping was by request only. Well at almost $200 per night (presumably loaded due to the race) for the weekend rates I don't expect to make my own bed and do without fresh towels so I requested it. It was also pointed out that this was a holiday weekend. Nevertheless I stuck to my guns and we did receive weekend housekeeping.

All in all we were disappointed. It's a decent enough hotel at the standard rate (we paid $116 per night apart from race weekend) however I'm left with a definite feeling that room 429 was not the king size suite we paid for and the staff did nothing to convnce me otherwise. Next tme I think we'll try the Residence Inn next door.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gill68
Reviewed November 27, 2006

We have 4 children, and given the fire laws in Indy along with the fact that we haven't found a hotel that can "guarantee" adjoining rooms...this is about our only option. It's a nice property and conveniently located and has a convenience type store on site. It's definately geared towards families! Continuous problems are....the pool is ALWAYS to cold and never supervised. So if you don't mind 5 - 10 year olds alone in the pool with you doing WHATEVER they want (since the parents are no where in site)and we've never seen any monitoring by hotel staff. In fact the 2nd to the last time we were there some guests had 2 dogs in the pool! In addition, there's never sufficient food or staff at the breakfast buffet for the guests (or trays/silver ware/glasses/etc.) - our last visit we had to wait over 45 minutes just to get a bagel & you better meet the delivery truck at the front door if you want a paper, the beds are very hard (bring your own mattress topper and pillows). The exercise room is "OK" if the equipment is working, but it's also part of the laundry room so be prepared to sweat if the dryers are on! But the laundry is free! The only provide shampoo (bargain basement) and soap (not too bad). If you want conditioner or hand cream or forgot a razor, don't expect to get one at the front desk...they'll direct you to the convenience store! There's only 2 elevators and they're TINY! Just enough room for a luggage cart and 2 people so don't check in or out when they're busy! The 2 room suites are very roomy, but be prepared to make the call to get light bulbs replaced or the stove or microwave fixed! Bring ear plugs for the 2nd bedroom since the heat pump is in the closet and it's LOUD!

We'll stay there again since it's our only reasonable option in the area...but I hate paying for buffets, etc. that we really can't use.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank JLFitzfamily
Reviewed October 17, 2006

We stayed at this hotel Oct. 14th-16th. It was clean, well-maintained, and beautiful. The staff is courteous, helpful and friendly. I brought my dog and 1yr. old baby and the only complaint I had was the metal crib provided squeaked so bad it kept the baby up the first night every time he moved. I asked for some oil or something and they provided it in a timely manner. The breakfast buffet on the weekend and the weekday is outstanding; offering pastries, bagels, cereals, juices, coffee, waffles, toast, muffins, yogurt, fruit, cottage cheese, eggs, sausage, etc. The hotel is located in a nice area of town and right next to the interstate, which could be heard from our room on that side. I forgot to request a room on the other side. The rooms are nice with lots of ameneties and pretty good at blocking out the sound from the other rooms. They have a convenience store located near the front desk, but it is rather small. However, it saved me that first night from having to go to the supermarket located nearby. You can pay on the spot or have it charged to your room. I can't say enough great things about this hotel, except to say that one individual (Paul Fitzgerald) was helpful above and beyond the call of duty. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and plan on using this chain again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank washte
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Fishers
Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishers
Residence Inn Indianapolis Fishe...
#112 of 185 in Indianapolis
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northeast / Fishers
Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers
Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers

Been to Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Fishers? Share your experiences!