“Ramada Indy a mixed bag.....”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #144 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Vineland, Nj
“Ramada Indy a mixed bag.....”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This motel simply needs some TLC,,,,,,,,I'll start with the good.....my room was spacious and generally clean.....the carpet was stained in a few spots, and seemed damp (humidity?)...bathroom had a decent shower......TV was good, and A/C worked fine; it wasn't very hot that week, so I only used a little......free breakfast worked fine for me.....friendly front desk.....business office with computer for guests.......plenty of places to eat within 3 miles....now, the bad.......
wallpaper off the wall outside of my room, with debris on the floor.....ice machines did not work.....elevator floor/walls dirty......parking lot quite littered/dirty........some loud noises late at night gave me security concerns......I am neutral on this place, as I think with some work it could be just fine, but they need to get on it.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Dirty carpets, hot elevators, limited TV( not much to choose from). We did not eat free breakfast because our friends said the server sneezed over a tray of eggs. Would not go back. There were a lot of motorcycles because of a rally and this caused a lot of noise, but the people riding them were very nice.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bevgel
Hanover Park, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I always stay at this Hotel. Last time I cam to this Hotel I had lost my credit Card and no cash on me. The staff made exception (FD Agent Nichole) and let me stay for the night on a promise to pay in the morning. Next morning I went to the Bank and paid it to the Hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed August 1, 2012

In a first use of my Priceline "Negotiator" app, I learned a lesson. I chose a Ramada in Indianapolis and should have known from the one-star Priceline rating to stay away. I've stayed in many hotels in my life but this one takes the prize as the worst. Filthy is the one word that comes to mind - public spaces, guestroom corridors and the room itself. I also encountered a plumbing issue with the toilet in my room that I had to resolve since the hotel had no engineer or maintenance personnel on site. Front desk clerk seemed like it was his first day on the job - nice enough but not enough knowledge to capably do the job. So in this case, I got what I paid for based on the star rating and the room rate paid. I'll know better next time. But I will steer clear of the Ramada brand based on this.

Room Tip: If you're brave enough to stay there, stay away from the elevators which are right next to the v...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Bob B
CHICAGO,IL
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I booked this reservation through Orbitz for a bowling tournament in Indianapolis. After checking in we headed to the elevator and noticed the carpeting in the hallways and elevators, rooms all had several things in common. Run down, worn out , deeply dirty. Vacuuming and carpet cleaning are virtually non-existent at this Hotel. After swiping several times with my key card and the light turning green on the door lock , I was unable to enter the room. I had to push the door very hard because of the lock on the door malfunctions . After entering the room finally, I smelled a strong smoke stench. The lamps, windows , carpeting were all dirty , neglected and I felt like I was in the twilight zone. The next day we left out at 11am and left the dirty linen in the hallway for the maid . I returned to the room at 6:30pm and the room had not been touched.

Room Tip: Stay at a Marriot, Hyatt, Hilton
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KIMOSABBE3
Spencer, Indiana
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I booked this hotel for $59 online for a Friday night knowing that it was not in the best area, although there were some very nice hotels in the same area at a much higher price. I'm white, and I was among a very low minority of the hotel guests. I did, however, feel quite safe. I could tell that hotel was trying to improve its appearance. Some areas were much better than others. For example, the hall carpeting on the second floor looked new; on the first floor it looked dirty and worn. In the elevators, it was downright despicable. There was no apparent AC in the hallways and a sign on the ice machine on the second floor referred me to the third floor. The one on the third floor didn't work and didn't have a sign. The first impression of the room was good, although all the lamp shades were askew and there were only three pillows on the king-size bed. The carpeting in the room looked new but was in need of being shampooed. Neither of the bedsize table lights seemed to work. A staff person brought up bulbs, but that didn't help. Finally, he brought another lamp and plugged it into the lamp on the desk. With some effort, I pulled the bed away from the wall and discovered the two non-working lamps had cords that were dangling from the outlet behind the bed. I reseated the plugs, and one of the two lamps began to work. As the switch on the non-working lamp was broken, I really couldn't be sure it I had turned it on. I did not reposition the bed as it would have knocked the plugs free of the outlet once again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RRichardson
Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was torn about how to rate this hotel, but the staff pulled it up a notch. I booked the hotel online, and when I got there it was the quickest, easiest and most pleasant check in I had ever experienced. Our room at first glance was decent, until we entered the bathroom and discovered that it was not very clean. We were able to get someone to clean the bathroom up within minutes, and they gave us some extra towels. We went to the pool while there and discovered they also have a little gym. There is a restaurant in the hotel and the staff there was friendly, as well. There was also a little patio area on the expressway side of the hotel, it was a great area to relax in the evening. It appears that they had some kind of flooding event while we were there. As we were walking in from the patio there was water dripping/pouring from the ceiling. One of the ceiling tiles had even broken apart and crashed down. The breakfast had eggs and sausage, both pretty good, but selection was a little limited for other breakfast items. Check out was just as quick and easy as check in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends