“excellent!!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #144 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Worth, Texas
“excellent!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

we stayed there 3 days. Our room was clean, very good service. we have no complains. Everything was the way we wanted.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rantoul, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is not your old Holiday Inn. I stayed at this property many times when it was Holiday Inn and I enjoyed that there was a Damon's restaurant right on property. I should have trusted the TripAdvisor reviews I saw on here but I wanted to see it for myself. I did. My room had a musty odor, there was black mold on the walls above the sink and shower, the windows were so dirty you couldn't see out of them, and the hallways were unbearably hot because they had the a/c turned off to save money. The complementary breakfast included runny and cold scrambled eggs, gross sausage links, and an orange drink that wasn't even as good as Tang. Warm milk and water was also available. Just walking into the pool area made your eyes burn. I honestly can't believe how bad this place is now. Truly sad. I am surprised Ramada would even put their name on it.

Room Tip: there isn't one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

2 Thank wxbear73

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

La Habra, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed there twice because it was prepaid. The first time it was late and the girl at the front desk was pleasant. We went right to the room, turned on the air conditioner and went to eat. When we came back it had not cooled down so I opened the window. I noticed the dirty floors and a big stain on the box spring, but decided to let it go.We must have got a bad room. On the return trip it was a night from hell! Upon arrival I told the desk clerk about the air conditioner the last time and she said this room would be fine (different girl). Well the air did not work well at all and it had to be over 80 degrees (in the room) all night. I tried to call the front desk and they did not answer. I had been down there earlier and was told the housekeeping room was locked. The door lock was broken, floors filthy,room was overall rundown. There was no air in the elevators or hallways, broken ice machine.We tried thier breakfast the first time and it was terible. My husband has serious health problems and this hotel made him sick. I took about two dozen pictures of the room and will try to post them next week. My complaints were ignored. I plan on following up on this problem. Travelers should not be subjected to this kind of hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mags2222
Bowral, Southern Highlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

All I expected from this hotel was a basic, clean room. I didn't get anything close to clean. Please read my other reviews to know that I am not someone who complains about a hotel, in fact this will be my first.

The girl at check-in was lovely. I felt terrible for her as they were doing work on the roof and the entire lobby smelt like a mix of gasoline and paint fumes. The poor girl had been working in those conditions the entire day. They had no air-conditioning in the lobby either. It smelt like that for the 2 days that we stayed there.

Our room was filthy! Filthy dirty carpet that was lucky to have ever met with a vaccuum cleaner. A disgusting bathroom with chunks of soap that the previous guest had used still in the shower recess. (maybe even the guest before them, for all I know) Those soap chunks stayed there for our entire trip. Our bed did not have a bottom sheet that fitted, it didn't even reach the top of the mattress so that under the pillows there was no sheet so it all came off during the night and we were sleeping on the mattress. Don't get me started on the mattress......It was an old, uncomfortable mattress with springs that you could feel digging into you back - no matress protector either. I told the cleaning lady the next morning and she replaced the sheet with a fitted one however she didn't even come close to running a vaccuum through the room. She also left us with no face towels in the bathroom.

The first night we decided to eat at Damon's which is on the hotel property. 10% discount if you are a guest of the hotel. Our waitress was the only decent person working in the place. The hostess was just plain rude. The bar had no stock of anything. They were not honouring coupons that people had brought into the restuarant in the way that they were written. The food was edible. Just edible, nothing more.

I'm so disapointed that I had to write a review like this but please take my word on this......find annother place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kimmybigbuy
Bangor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I felt that this Ramada was dirty and run down. I have stayed in Many Ramadas and this is the worst one I have ever seen. As for the employees, very nice and helpful!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jacqsie
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay. We needed a cot for extra child and they brought it right up. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We slept well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Plymouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Front staff unfriendly, rates change from when you make reservation, rooms smell like smoke(in a smoke free room), found a piece of glass in bed, toilet not flushed, no towels at swimming pool even when we asked several times, breakfast was to start at 7:00am but didn't open until almost 7:30. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Believe what you read in the reviews. I thought it couldn't be that bad and it was.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family