“Dirty!”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #144 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Dirty!”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We did not have a good experience at this hotel at all. We picked it for its convenient location (right off the interstate) and because it had an indoor pool. Overall, the hotel was just plain dirty.

The common areas are the worst. The pool area was pretty disgusting with standing water on the floor and dirty towels strewn about. The pool was freezing and the hot tub was not even lukewarm. Someone had complained to the front desk staff about the hit tub, but nothing was done about it.

The front desk was only staffed with one person and, as a result, the lobby was always crowded and there was a line. In general, it seemed like there were a lot of people just hanging around the outside and lobby.

Our room was ok at best. The ceiling was falling down in one area. The bathroom smelled and the frig had some nasty smelling liquid in the bottom of it. We opened the window to cool things off at bedtime and got serenaded by the cars on the interstate. It was loud!

Long story short, even for a cheap hotel, this place is nasty. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank RLMBH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Hubby and I stayed here one night and got a king size bed. It is a very nice clean room. Nothing to complain about at all. A room like this would cost twice as much in Florida, but I guess Indianapolis doesn't get a lot of tourists lol. Coffee maker in the room with good coffee; shampoo, conditioner, lotion and nice smelling soap in the bathroom. TV works great. WiFi works great. Very quiet. Nothing is broken or dirty. We haven't had breakfast yet but the check in lady said we get eggs and sausage, a lot more then most hotels these days. There is a McDonalds, BK, Arbys and Starbucks within walking distance. We didn't go to it but there is a restaurant/bar in the lobby. Can't comment on the area otherwise as we were not here long enough, but I would definitley recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank strawberryrhubarbpie
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The hotel itself is very decent. Six floors, smoking rooms. My room was top floor and smoking (which I requested). No fridge/micro, but it had a nice bathroom and was all in all very serviceable. Average restaurant with excellent waitstaff. Excellent location, considering it's Indy's East Side.

My only real complaint was the poor service from housekeeping, whom I tipped well. They didn't vacuum or even clean up the still-crusty spots of "something" from the last guests, failed to take out the trash two out of five days, and gave much better service to my neighbors (who didn't tip).

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Mary V
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Whoever is running this hotel is doing something right. All the hotel associates were exceedingly friendly and helpful from the front desk to the bartender to the breakfast server. The room was large, clean and very quiet. Admittedly there is some wear showing in some areas, but they are constantly upgrading and repairing. My stay here was a very positive experience. I will stay at this hotel whenever I am in Indianapolis.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank John W
Ohio
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We slept well, the rooms were clean but this hotel's public areas are in need of serious renovations and the breakfast...please... Ironically the eggs were some of the best I've had at a continental breakfast, but tang instead of orange juice and no cream cheese but your offering bagels, come on now. The pool area was definitely not cleaned on a regular schedule, it was quite disgusting.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank roshaykay
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The place even smelled bad. I have never checked out of the hotel early but I did for this one

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Wheelerm
Hull
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The staff at this Ramada made our stay a wonderful stay. I was in town for a tradeshow and I brought a trailer with my golf cart and a stroller. I was outside trying to get the stroller off of the trailer and it fell on to my arm and cut it all up. The staff tended to me immediately! They actually went out to the store to buy more supplies just to make sure they had the right cleansing solution and bandages to get me cleaned up. The next morning a young lady came out of the sales office and noticed my bandaged and immediately went and got more bandages to clean me up again. A hotel can be a hotel, but when you add such great customer service, it has guaranteed that I will be at that hotel everytime I am in Indianapolis!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business