“Great location and good food”
Review of Tavern on South

Tavern on South
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern on South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 2,365 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
“Great location and good food”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Tavern on South is located in downtown Indianapolis right by the Stadium. You couldn't ask for a better view from the rooftop. They have their own convenient parking lot which is free. That is not always the case when dinning downtown.

We started our dinner with crab cakes. It is always a risk to order crab cakes in Indianapolis but these were GREAT!! They were cooked to perfection and simply melted in your mouth. I will be back for these alone. The house salad was really good as well. I had the Filet Meatloaf as my entree. I know it is one of their signature items but I wasn't a huge fan. It was okay but I don't think I would order it again. My boyfriend had the duck and it was really good!

I am looking forward to going back to try something new. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2012

• Korean first
El Paso, Illinois
“Excellent tavern food”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Some unique creations and some tried and true tavern food. The bison burger was excellent. Great salads.

Visited May 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Unique menu!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our favorite dish at Tavern on South was the duck wings. They were the perfect appetizer. The bison burger was a close second. They've got a fabulous beer menu. And the service was top notch. She was there when we needed her to be yet didn't hover. The only hitch was the ribs. The sauce was non-descript and they were strangely cut so we had little pieces of bone floating around. The rhubarb slaw with them was blah and wasnt' finished. Our friends thoroughly enjoyed the prime rib and said they'd not had better in the city. We'll absolutely be back.

• Visited April 2012
Carmel, Indiana
“Hidden gem close to Lucas Oil Stadium”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Be prepared for a very pleasant surprise when you walk into this restaurant - friendly efficient service, upscale decor and wonderful food. The duck confit tacos and fennel/lentil salad were great, and extremely good value. My daughter, grand daughter and I had lunch and we all agreed without doubt this is definitely worth a visit when in downtown Indianapolis.

• Visited April 2012
Avon, Indiana
“Unique food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The Tavern on South puts together unique dishes that you would have trouble finding anywhere else. Prices are a little higher than average and the menu isn't huge but good drink menu and very good food. Atmosphere seems to include a lot of professionals and can get a little crowded so reservations a good idea. It has on site parking

Visited March 2012