“Pricey, but great food!”
Review of Szechwan Garden

Szechwan Garden
Ranked #596 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not the best, but around the area...darn close to it. Kind of expensive, but full of flavor and the service is hard to beat!

There are newer reviews for Szechwan Garden

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

If you are searching for the most authentic variety of Chinese food, look no further! The food is scrumptious and the portions are generous. I recommend the fried squid, but all the food is tasty. The waitstaff is very friendly as well. They have late dining hours and the restaurant is very spacious. Have gone multiple times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had the Dan Dan Noodle and fried wonton appetizers which were both great. Pan Fried Green Beans, Szechwan Beef, Golden Tofu (with Shrimp) and Beef Chow Fun for entrees. The waitress warned us that it would be too much to eat for the five of us and she was right. Brought some home and looking forward to the leftovers. I thought the service was outstanding tonight. Waitress helped us select the food and warned us that the snow pea leaves were out of season making them pricey - she also customized our order a bit so that we moved the selections so that everyone had a favorite dish. We will go back for the snow peas dish and several other good looking dishes spotted going to other tables. Strip mall outside exterior is deceptive. Fairly nice inside.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Best Chinese restaurant in the City, in my opinion. We have never been dissapointed with our dinner. I notice that we are often the only non-oriental people in the establishment, which should mean the food is the real deal. Last night I had duck (as I often do) and my wife an egplant dish. both were delicious. The menu has some very different specialities and I hope to try most of them in the future. To cover all sides, the service is sometimes not the best, but we feel that is because the staff does not have a great command of english (which inmy view is another plus). you wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Have gone at least a dozen times. Never get the same thing twice and never have had a bad meal. Spicy beef soup is incredible! Go and have the manager Simon suggest a few things. This is authentic! Give it a try. One of top 5 most interesting places in town.