“Total experience is wonderful.”

Indiana Repertory Theatre
Ranked #21 of 170 things to do in Indianapolis
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Total experience is wonderful.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Go early for the performance and take the time to explore the archetecture and exhibts. We have seen numerous performances and have not been disappointed. This is a wonderful value.

1 Thank John_B_Indy

clay city, indiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The Crucible at the IRT”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I teach English in Brazil, Indiana. I always wanted to see The Crucible, and vowed not to read it until I had seen the play. It is hard to put into words just how wonderful a performance this was. The entire play was riveting and powerful. A play has never gripped me like this one did. I found myself wanting to scream, plead, and cry simultaneously. I felt partly responsible for the conflicts on stage as pity, anger, and disgust enveloped my mind and heart. Wow, what a play.

Additionally, the staff and the actors of the IRT are kind, friendly and helpful. I must give a compliment to Robert Neal for taking the time to graciously chat with my wife and I--so polite. (We found out that he graduated from the same small town where we teach.)

I would consider this a must see for adults and children alike (Field trip!). Put this at the top of your priority list!--Paul Harbour

Visited September 2013
2 Thank harbourp
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Splendid entertainment”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I must admit we haven't been for a while, but have always enjoyed the entertainment with various plays, and music. The IRT is a classic with beautiful craftsmanship.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Claudia37209
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Classics and more”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been a long time subscriber to the IRT. I am glad because sometimes I would not go to a show if I have seen it or if it sounds to avant garde. Then when I go because I already have the ticket, I am rewarded by an excellent production. The historic building is also worth seeing. There are no bad seats.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carol S
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Awesone teatre and plays!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The IRT is a place that I enjoy every year with new plays. Themes and actors are very good and the variety of plays during the season, allows my family to enjoy and have fun together. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Visited April 2013