“We go at least once a year”

Indiana Repertory Theatre
Ranked #23 of 177 things to do in Indianapolis
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our entire family LOVES live theatre, and the IRT doesn't disappoint. Whether going as a couple per-kids or now as a family, the IRT is not only fun to attend because of the plays, but the building itself is also magical. The souvenir t-shirts are a riot for our kids. They say "Overly Dramatic" on them. Too funny!

All reviews
"whole family"
"plays"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a small theater that has some very good productions. We attended a performance of "Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde" that was good. The size of the theater makes the performances intimate. The theatre does a performance of "The Christmas Carol" every year that is fun although I wouldn't go back every year. Check out their schedule and try to attend. Support the arts!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I went to this play not having any idea what it was about. This was the first time we had gone to a play with no previous knowledge about it. The plot was entertaining and easy to understand. The actors were excellent, and the characters were relatable to everyone in the audience. Jennie and I both laughed out loud at the humor and fought back tears at the thought provoking sentimentality of the theme. It was wonderful.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Live theater at its best is found right downtown. Acting, stage sets, and lighting done with great professionalism in a beautiful restored theater. Several new plays presented each season. Have enjoyed IRT for dozens of years. A must see for those who enjoy theater presentations.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Parking can be a problem, but every time I bisited was with a large bus for a school trip. Cars probably fare better.

I applaud the employees who managed to herd the children in quietly and efficiently. I've seen four different plays here and have been impressed with stage manage, stage craft, acting, and the discussion afterwards.

This is for my students the first brush with the theatre. I am grateful that it is an excellent introduction. Kudos IRT.

It is also close to Circle Center Mall for a qucik lunch too.