“Great selection, plus a gluten free menu” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 2,339 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Keystone and Allisonville Rd.
Muncie, Indiana
“Great selection, plus a gluten free menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The menu selection was plentiful. I struggled narrowing down my meal from all the options. The atmosphere was nice, but nothing outstanding. Service was good.

The meal was great, I had the blackened chicken with blu cheese sandwich. They even had a complete gluten free menu for someone in our party, which makes eating out so much easier! The front end reminded me of a snob's version of Cracker Barrel.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank indyemmett

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food, wine and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

One of our favorites in Indianapolis. They have a large selection of wine, but it is all the Cooper's Hawk brand. There are several reds that I really like, the cabernet zinfandel and barrel reserves are my favorites. The wine prices are in line with other places I would say. They let you taste the wine before you commit if you would like. I have yet to try a bad food dish there. My favorite has been the pretzel crusted pork loin. The food is always presented well and the sides compliment the main dish. The prices are a touch high, but not terrible. The sandwiches are reasonable and very good if you want to go a cheaper route. The service has been great every time I have been.

Get there a little early if you are able to do some pre-dinner wine tasting in the lobby. It is free for a few samples or you can pay for a full tasting.
It is always very busy on the weekends, so I would recommend a reservation unless you want to deal with a 1hr wait. As you can imagine, being busy means it can be loud too.

• Visited February 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“High Energy - Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Don't go here expecting quiet elegance and intimate setting. The front lobby is always full of people trying to get thier wine tastings (members included). The beverage staff is very knowledgeable about the wines (free tasting or 7 dollars for a full flight - members are free). The food is good but the dining room is noisy. The pretzel bread is delicious. I've had pasta, and turkey burger, and chicken - but love their salads and flat bread pizza. Make reservations unless you want to wait - even the bar is normally too full to either find a chair or use instead of waiting. I am a wine club member and have attended the special events - but I don't have to eat here every month when we pick up our wine.

• Visited January 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food, poor customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food is good, I'll give them that, but pretense that they are an Indiana winery? Not true! Wines are not worth the price plus $8 uncorking fee to drink with your dinner. And be sure you don't over stay your welcome, my friends were recently asked to leave to make room for other guests even though no one was waiting in lobby! Not like we just were taking up space drinking one glass of wine, we all ordered drinks and dinner and some us appetizers! Incredibly rude!

• Visited February 2013
Indianapolis
“Good food and wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I visited Cooper's Hawk with some friends last weekend. It's nice that you get to taste wines. The store in the front of the restaurant is a little cumbersome and was pretty crowded, but gave us the opportunity to see what we did and did not like in terms of their wine. The food was good, but priced a little on the high side considering the portion sizes. My friend ordered a sandwich that looked very good and appeared to be a much better value compared to the seafood dishes my wife and I ordered.

• Visited December 2012